Shy guy who likes to relax

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by GreetinsLion, Jul 16, 2007.

1. GreetinsLion

GreetinsLion New Member

Man , i look over my self and i always ask if is normal:

i'm 18 years , and it's normal to be shy with unknow people and with girls.
    With my friends , i'm normal and i talk ,etc... but with girls and groups of many people i start ti be shy and be quiet...

people say that it's normal with my age...

but i prefer to be a relaxed guy , who enjoy to see a movie than join a group of unknow people and start new relations...

someone is like me ?

2. scottbud

scottbud Active Member

Albums:
    Yes plenty are like you. I find it very hard to strike up chat with new people. But never stop talking to my friends.

3. dreamer20

Gold Member

At least you have joined the world of lpsg which was not known to you until recently.

Welcome to the site.:wavey:

4. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I am very much this way even now at age 44. I had to strike up new conversations and meet new people last year when I moved to a new city and new state. But fortunately, I got involved with an active group of people and can do things like play team sports (badly!) and go hiking (slowly!), but am more comfortable in an "activity" type atmosphere rather than at a party or something. I still go to parties, but am not quite as comfortable there, even if I know some of the people there.

5. ganja4me

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am kind of like you I guess. The difference is I only talk when I really have something to say. I'm more of a listener. People used to always call me shy but I just tell them I don't have anything to say. But when I'm around friends I always have a lot more to say than when I'm around strangers. Anyway, some people like that. That means you're not loud and obnoxious like some people who talk too much and get annoying.

6. art

art
    Gold Member

I'm more a listener, too. (I stuttered when I was a kid, and I always figured I talked best when I didn't talk at all. I've sort of overcome that as I've gotten older.)

Many girls in hs and college thought a cute, shy, quiet guy was a challenge to be overcome. I enjoyed being overcome! So maybe if you put yourself in situations where you can meet new girls, some nice dates will come of it.

7. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    When I was that age I was something of a shy, relaxed guy as well. I was always myself and never put on airs pretending to be anything more than what I was: a shy, relaxed, bookish 18 year old guy.

That wasn't good enough though. The world I lived in pretty much looked down on shy, relaxed, unobtrusive guys as chumps. In retrospect I now realize I should have been a crude, loud, obnoxious, self-centered, aggressive, over-confident, know-it-all.

Then I would have been considered normal.

8. someotherguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm shy too. Around friends I talk when I have something to say but if not then I listen. They always tell me I'm mellow. I used to hate this aspect of my personality but I'm starting to like it. It's who I am. There's no need to be loud and obnoxious just to fit in.

9. 50%more

50%more New Member

Albums:
    I am the same.

10. snailtrail

snailtrail New Member

Albums:
    I too am the same

11. canZ

canZ Member

You sound like me. Though sometimes I'm even quiet around people I know and prefer to be away from the group.

Draft saved Draft deleted