shyness :(

mattmatt06

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hey guys i was just wondering if you knew of ways to get over shyness, i work at a rec center and i have a fellow co-worker who we shower off together after we swim, but we have speedos on, and he and i always talk about our size but weve never seen each other. i really just wanna shower naked, haha but im more afraid of getting an erection. same with urinals i love to show it off, but the thought of it gives me a boner, any tips on how not to get a rise? thanks in advance

D

deleted3782

Next time you are showering together, just yank off the speedos, wring them out, hang them up to dry, and continue showering like you always do. I'm afraid to say, that if you get a boner he will be certain that you get erections :wink: (emoticon of 'so what, all giys have them, so move on'). If it really bothers you, then just laugh it off and say "he doesn't get out much" or "sorry, its been a long time since I was laid." Then move on. If you make a big deal out of it, it will just get more difficult. No time like the present to change things up. In the greater scheme of things, there are other things in life to be worried about than your dick and a boner.

D

deleted3782

Honestly, that will pass. When I was in prep school, the first week or two was awkward, but very soon we were all casual about nudity and it was second nature to us. The body is really no big deal once you see a few naked...trust me.

Just be careful about pushing the envelope to get that rush once the excitement of being naked wears off. I didn't say don't do it, I just said be careful. :wink:

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Well, went first naked when I was 16 with other guys/men. I wasn't used to be naked around other people, so I popped a boner real quick because I thought they were watching... I just turned around so it wasn't that obvious and kept showering. Sometimes I still have a boner after gym in the sauna, but I don't bother, eventrually it will go away, just don't think that they are watching you and that u will get hard. I always think about the things I have to for college and other thing non-related at sex.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
mattmatt: Once you shower naked, you won't think anything of it. I used to worrry about getting boners in the public shower, but it never happened. Even if it happens to you, exwhysee offered the best way to deal with it.

I've gone to the local nude beach (Black's Beach) many times. One time I took a walk wearing only my hat an sunglasses. The motion of walking made my dick swing from side to side. I started to get a semi. It felt good so I kept walking letting it slap from thigh to thigh. Once it started to get really hard, I walked out into the water. Amazing how the cold ocean will make a big boner calm down quickly.

sexplease

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
hey guys i was just wondering if you knew of ways to get over shyness, i work at a rec center and i have a fellow co-worker who we shower off together after we swim, but we have speedos on, and he and i always talk about our size but weve never seen each other. i really just wanna shower naked, haha but im more afraid of getting an erection. same with urinals i love to show it off, but the thought of it gives me a boner, any tips on how not to get a rise? thanks in advance

Just do it.

Would you rather write poetry or make love?!!

freeballininnyc

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My two cents - and it comes more from frustration at the situation than anything anyone on the board has said. Just wanted to make that clear.

Two points:
1. Dicks get hard. Period. My feeling is, when someone who is shy gets to a point in life where his dick doesn't get hard, as easily or at all, he's gonna look back and wondered why he was so bothered by it.

2. Men have dicks. Women have breasts. This is to say that no one is asking or expecting women to ace bandage themselves down in order to minimize the appearance of their chest so why are men expected to behave like the penis doesn't exist?

bigmoochie

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I grew up with 4 other brothers so I can't recall a time when there wasn't a fella getting nekid to shower, change clothes, go to bed or whatever. When I started in sports in middle school, I just didn't think anything of it. Other fellas had shyness problems or got stiffies or made a big deal out of it but I never understood that.

My high school wrestling team had no problems getting nekid at a moments notice. Only 1 guy ever got hard around us - we called him Boner or Bone, depending on our mood - & he was a pretty shy guy. (He's married with 3 kids now. Go Boney!) He was pretty big, too, but didn't know it - if you know what I mean. Another guy would grab his low hangin' sack & try to put it on other guy's ears. Hella funny. He did it to us all at some point or another. But it was all in fun.

Honestly, it's not a big deal. Other fellas might look but, for the most part, they just don't care.

B_Giovani

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It is a funny thing for me to be shy for nudity. Maybe you should do it but not in front of your body but in front of stanger.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dude, if you make it out to be a big deal it will be a big deal. If you just pull your clothes off and shower like it's no big deal it won't be a big deal.

I got over my body hang ups by going to a nude beach for the first time. Everyone has a body. Very few of them are perfect. And yeah, boners happen. They also go away. Whatever.

zalder

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
As most guys, I was self conscious when hitting puberty.

But around 16-17, I started to shower with the team after rugby, and realized : what the hell ! It's so nice to be able to shower, or hang around naked, plus you get to size other guys up. Some of my schoolmates had nice softies ;-)

So true, every man has a dick, so what's the problem.

And franky, even though I like to be naked, and sometimes when alone my dick grows just because of it, I never had any hard-on problems when showering with other guys.

And when I shower at home, getting one is definitely not a problem ;-)

So just go ahead and do it, life is hard enough as it is to add inconveniencies as not getting naked in front other people.