Sick of epididymitis!

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
I am sick of getting epididimytis. Does anyone have any ideas to get rid of this nuissance for good. Ive had it about 5 or 6 times on and off but this past flare up has lasted for quite a bit.

Ive seen multiple doctors primary care and urologists, I always check out ok and don't have any stds. Even a urine culture only shows trace bacteria. Did an ultrasound and everything was normal. No cancer, etc.

I am with one girl and we are monogamous.
The last doctor said Ill keep getting it unless I use condoms.
I don't want to be using condoms anymore, especially since ive been in a relationship a couple years. Ive even tried using them again and still got a flare up.

Im guessing I need to get a strong antibiotic to whipe it out and have my partner use one too but this is hard to coordinate and we've already done it in the past and I still got it again.

Last edited:

The-Bigger-the-Better

Cherished Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have had the same problem on and off since I was 25. I am 32 now, so I been living with it for a while. My doctor said that I have the chronic form so I just have to live with it. Been a couple years though since I had it so bad I had to be hospitalized. I have to tell you that you should ask your Dr. to help you determine if your epididymitis is cause by urine reflux...piss getting into the epididymis....it is called chemical epididymitis......i always myself piss and shower after any ejaculation....wear briefs and change them twice a day (i get paranoid about sweaty balls causing bateria) and i learned that edging can cause it too...so dont edge...it is bad for you. Oh and use water based lube...no more saliva...your mouth may have the bacteria culprit....i hope this helps man...i fell your pain

Reactions: TheEnforcer

mmjr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ive had it twice over the last 20 yrs, the Dr. gave me anti-biotic shots followed by a course of Cipro. This plan did the trick. One of the things he told me was that quite often this condition comes from not urinating often enough and holding it too long. He also said it is common among men who sit on vibrating equipment a lot. Epididimitis is no joke, it can make you sterile in the testicle it occurs in, so get it treated ASAP.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I had it once years ago for a number of years; urologist told me that the condition was caused by a cyst wrapped around my left testicle. He did not recommend surgery; eventually it disappeared. Just recently the left testicle became sensitive and painfully swollen again, in exactly the same fashion. This time my regular doctor said it was infectious epididymitis and treated me with Cipro..wow, that cleared it up in no time!
I hope you find a permanent solution. If I were you, I would reconsider a condom as a preventative measure!

Reactions: Allan S.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Good grief! You have been posting on and off about this for years. Enough already! It seems to me that doctors vary in their philosophy of prescribing antibiotics. Some try to do the least possible while other try to hit infections with the big guns. It seems that in your case it is time for the latter. Maybe you could ask around to try to locate a doctor who prescribes aggressively. Last fall I had prostatitis for the second time in less than a year. We hit is with a one gram shot of Rocephin the first four days along with Levaquin that I took for six weeks. That's a fairly nuclear approach but so far so good. Hope you get well soon.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ouch! I feel your pain. I had it ONCE and that was enough! I cannot begin to imagine having it multiple times over and over again. Have they done an ultrasound of your testicles? They may want to to rule out any physical cause, like a cyst. Mine was bacterial in nature and cleared up with antibiotics.

As for the urine coming back negative for anything? I have the same thing with UTI's. Always comeback clear of any microflora that is not supposed to be there, but the ratios were off. I dealt with tat problem for 2 years, until I finally was admitted to the er. They still could find nothing in my urine (well there was blood trace), and did a blood draw. They found elevated white count. IV antibiotics and a round of Cipro. Cleared it up *knocks on wood*

Point being is that sometimes urinalysis is not as conclusive as we would hope. You may well have a bacterial case of epididymitis. Or a chronic case as others have pointed out. How many urologist have ya seen?

kinda_hung

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I have had this a few times. It's happened AFTER I got my vascectomy. I got my vascectomy during the last trimester of my wifes last pregnancy. So we weren't having much sex. After the baby came and dr. cleared her to have sex we started going at it again. This was around xmas time and we had lots of guests here. My left nut swelled up bad and I could barely walk. Ended up in urgent care to get some intibiotics.

I've found that I get sore nuts if I don't keep my pipes cleaned out. At least once every 3 days! If I don't then my left nut starts to get sore. I've also had to go from boxers to briefs. Which I hate! Every so often I get really sore nuts from my wife playing a bit to rough with them. But really it's nothing major on her part. I used to take a good ball playing session and never get sore.

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
When you guys got on long dose antibiotics, did it come back after? Did your partner get treated as well? I feel like it is time to get on some big guns... almost feels like the antibiotics i get now kill it off but not 100% and it slowly comes back.

baldyboy8000

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, I think I had in maybe a year or so after the first time. Took cipro again. Partner didnt take anything. The last time has been several years. Do you ejaculate often? My Dr. says to keep it empty, as much as possible.

Sirramm

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've had epididymitis on and off all my life until I found a doctor who finally helped me get rid of it...it took literally massive doeses of very strong antibiotics and as previously mentioned soaking in a warm tub of epsom salts for hours. When not soaking packing them with ice helped. Wearing a very snug jock helped keep them from slapping around and becoming more tender. It took almost 4 wks of constant soaking, icing, and antibiotics but I've been pain free without any repeating of epi!!

Best of luck man, cuz I feel your pain!!!

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
Went to the doc again and he was receptive to trying something a little more aggressive. Did an antibiotic shot and 1 month antibiotics. Also going to reultrasound soon just to make sure nothing changed since the last one. Im probably 4 or 5 days in and a majority of its gone. Hopefully I can make a full recovery.

mke75

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
get Epididymitis out of nowhere. It has been happening for years. I always had to go to the doctor as Antibotics as it was the only thing that would make it better after a few days.

I read about a vitamin a year ago called Quercetin, that's suppose to help with Epididmyitis and I started taking it, as I figured what I have to lose. Well holy Sh*t does it work, much better than the antibotic.

Once I start feeling any discomfort I take 2 pills a day until it goes away. It works. Just an FYI

Reactions: paris40

Frodo46888

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I had it for the first time last year, and I suspect it was from my habit of holding my pee too long. Antibiotics cleared it up quickly, though the doctor insisted on a couple of follow-up visits to be sure my prostate didn't get infected, which would be harder to treat.

brockli

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am very relieved to see a thread on this topic (even though it is old) and to see that others have dealt with the same issues even though I would wish this on no one!

I have had a chronic case of epidemiologist for over a year now since Dec 2014. I have spent thousands on healthcare seeing doctors, urologists, getting CT Scans, getting ultrasounds of my testicles but there is very little treatment out there for this disorder... My diagnosis has been epididymitis with a tiny cyst on my right testicle. The docs tell me to take antibiotics and to take warm baths, apply cold for swelling, wear protective underwear etc.

I have been on a year of antibiotics (deoxyclycline, bactrim, cipro, levafloxin, shots of rocephin) and not to mention the numerous bottles of Advil that I went through. Yet, I continue to have pain, aching, swelling and discomfort... The side effects from the long term use of these drugs has led to the development of more symptoms. I have given up on all of the drugs otc or prescription since they seem to not help at all...

It worries me b/c it continues to persist and doctors have little to no advice for me. The tingling down my leg, the aching testicles, the sore nuts after orgasms have become overwhelming after all this time. I have tried to blow more loads and I just get more sore. If I refrain from having many orgasms in a given week then it seems to become irritated but in a more achy way (no more than 2-3 loads a week is all I can take). I am 24, is that normal? I still can blow good loads but it has gotten to where it hurts just about all the time now and I am worried.

I believe that my case must be caused by

A.) a pinched nerve of some sort from my hip?
B.) my nuts are seriously backed up and need to be released more?
C.) a backup of urine or something back into my epididimis possibly causing inflammation/infection?
D.) a recurring infection that I cannot seem to knock with antibiotics?

Any and all advice would greatly be appreciated, thank you in advance for your concern, and sorry for the long post.