SICK of the Obama-Preacher write off excuses

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by pdxman, Mar 22, 2008.

1. pdxman

pdxman New Member

'm so sick of everyone making "apologies" for him being a member of this church or saying crap like.."well who believes 100 percent of the things their minister says?".. The fact is,,,OBAMA was going to this CHURCH FOR 20 YEARS!!!!!!! HMMM..I believe after 20 f'ing years you MIGHT GET SOME IDEA OF WHAT YOUR PREACHERS DOGMAS ARE HUH OBAMA? MAYBE YOU JUST WENT THERE to BE SPIRITUALLY COMFORTED....NEVER REALLY LISTENED TO WHAT THE PREACHER HAD TO SAY,,cause it went in one ear and out the other,,cause you are so stupid,,,right! He's a bright guy.

2. HaagenDazs

HaagenDazs New Member

Meh...shut up.

If you went to a church and all the sudden your preacher said some wacked out shit, would you want everyone to believe that you and your preacher shared the exact same mind??? TIP: PEOPLE HAVE SEPERATE BRAINS AND SEPERATE OPINIONS. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE GOES TO A CHURCH DOESN'T MEAN THEY BELIEVE EVERYTHING THEIR PASTOR BELIEVES.

AND IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE HE WAS IN THAT CHURCH ON THE REGULAR BASIS ANYWAY, WHAT WITH HIM BEING A SENATOR AND PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE AND ALL.

Why don't you sit down somewhere. You barely have 87 posts and most of them are just you bitching about Obama and how you're upset he has white supporters and how you want the moderate people to abandon him.

Eat a fucking taco. Geez.

3. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    yeah man go get some fucking chipotle

and then join hands with the republicans to move this country forwards n shit....

4. hotbtminla

Gold Member

Albums:
    Stop feeding the trolls, boys.

5. pdxman

pdxman New Member

Sad fact is THEY ARE ABANDONING HIM!! LOOK AT THE POLLS..or go ahead pretend it all doesnt exist... bury your head in the sand

6. pdxman

pdxman New Member

Hey I'm a registered DEMOCRAT and GAY,,,let the Obama strategists stew over that

7. HaagenDazs

HaagenDazs New Member

Do we care??? I mean it's really not this serious. Your consistent need to create new Obama threads and drag arguments out about Obama to stellar lengths is ridiculous.

Like I said, the clergy members do not share one brain with their pastor. People who go to a church believe different things then the person leading the church. They are not zombies, they are not brainless sharers of a machine mind. They are individual people with individual thoughts. That means obama does not have to believe the same things his Pastor believes.

What psycho Zombie-Church did you attend where the members believed 100% of the pastor's philosophies or personal beliefs.

WAS OBAMA EVEN THERE WHEN THIS SERMON WAS GIVEN.

Kick rocks.

We're not going to stew over it. No one really cares. I think we'd just like to go ONE DAY with:

Pdxman + obama's nuts = couple

Let his sac breathe.

8. pdxman

pdxman New Member

Hey Bright eyes,,if I went to my church and my preacher said a bunch of whacked out shit AND I REALLY THOUGHT IT WAS OFFENSIVE AND WRONG I would thing twice about leaving that church huh? Its not like it only happened once. No lets stick around, for 20 YEARS! Pull up a seat and lets listen to more of this inspiring religious leader.

9. pdxman

pdxman New Member

LOL What about your stellar lengths to defend him? They seem to be alot longer. I'm pretty short and succinct, without the B.S. factor inherent in his supporters.

10. hottcjimmyv

hottcjimmyv Member

Albums:
    I hate that AMERICA has come to the point where we judge a person by what someone else says (welcome back 1950's and Senator McCarthy!). So much for the land of the free and the home of the brave. :frown1:

On a somewhat related subject, I am still waiting for someone who lives in South Chicago or another predominately lower econ, urban African-American neighborhood to condemn the Reverend Dr. Wright. the american experience i have had in suburban, white-flight upper middle class Nashville is UTTERLY DIFFERENT from So. Chicago. That is why i don't judge.

11. pdxman

pdxman New Member

My point is,,,Obama went to this church for 20 years! So I guess you are saying that if you went to a church for 20 YEARS the preacher there would have no influence on you OR share any of your beliefs? Why bother to go? Just for the hell of it? You go to a church for spiritual guidance from the preacher and to associate and get guidance from the flock. So,,I guess you are saying Obama just went for the hell of it and got nothing from his attending there? The preacher and his beliefs/faith/.dogmas ARE the church. So if your preacher of you church said something like "GoddamnAmerica" you should pass that off as mere fluff and keep attending the church?

12. hottcjimmyv

hottcjimmyv Member

Albums:
    beats the shit out of me, dude. maybe Obama went there for the coffee, maybe he went there because his voter base was there, maybe he wanted to worship with people who looked like him--maybe he's like me and goes to church with a bunch of conservatives in a church with liberaly clergy-- I DO NOT KNOW. The only thing that I do know for sure, is that YOU are judging HIM by what SOMEONE else says. Does that seem to be in keeping with the American tradition of the first amendment to you?

13. pdxman

pdxman New Member

So now it sounds even worse,,he just went there to shmooze with his voter base and could care less about religion,,lol which is it? THE preacher was his Spritual advisor!!!! hello!! Are you saying that if you worshiped at a particular church it does not tell me something about who you are or your character? NO.IT DOES NOT TELL ME WHO YOU ARE SPECIFICALLY as a person ,,but it alludes to your character.

14. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm sick of you repeatedly creating new threads on the same fucking topic, as though doing so somehow legitmizes any of the nonsense you're spouting.

You're a fucking attention whore, we get it already. Stay in any one of the FOUR already existing topics on the subject of Obama and Wright.

15. pdxman

pdxman New Member

LOL and it seems you are doing YOUR part to keep it going,,,LOL

16. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I thought so.

Since you're over here now, I want to make sure you get this loud and clear:

I went to Catholic school for four years, and have been going to Catholic mass for thirty, and guess what? I DON'T BELIEVE IN TRANSUBSTANTIATION! I had premarital sex and didn't think it was sinful. I get my cock sucked, I jerk off, I lick pussy with a passion, I fuck buttholes, I've used condoms, and my wife is on the pill. I support a woman's right to choose abortions. And I don't believe in the existence of any judgemental god, nor a heaven, nor any devil, nor any hell.

All those priests and spiritual advisers really shaped my belief system with every aspect of their dogma over thirty years, didn't they?

I do believe, however, that the majority of the voters in this country either do believe in some religious mythology of the Judeo-Christian god, or at least go to a church to keep up pretenses...and they're not willing to elect someone of any gender or race who doesn't. And I believe that Barack Obama, and most politicians, understands this innately and maintained his relationship with a church accordingly.

I also believe he's an intelligent man, capable of forming his own opinions on what beliefs are reasonable and what is nonsense, regardless of who espouses the ideas.

Your assertion of guilt by association is stupid on its face. I also believe you know this to be true as well, but are choosing to be a disingenuous prick for the sake of stirring argument so that you can somehow feel important.

17. HaagenDazs

HaagenDazs New Member

Don't even try to make sense to him. He's a wanker.

18. hottcjimmyv

hottcjimmyv Member

Albums:
    dude, look, i don't know who u are or what you believe, all I am saying is that i don't have to be in 100% agreement with those I am worshiping with. For me, love of the Creator is reason enough to worship--i'm sorry it isn't the same for you, I really am. Maybe, maybe Obama is the same way. maybe it is for political reasons. i don't know. I'm just saying that I will not convict a person based on someone else's beliefs, unlike you.

19. pdxman

pdxman New Member

LOL,,well im not going to a church just "because it makes me feel wanted" or "because mommy wanted me too" or because "its the socially correct thing to do,,what if the Joneses found out I don't go" I would go like most smart and sane mined people,,free thinking people,,go because I want spiritual guidance from God ,,,wow how revolutionary!!! So I guess you are saying Obama just went for the hell of it,,,to make himself look good..not for any spiritual guidance from his preacher?

20. hottcjimmyv

hottcjimmyv Member

Albums:
    hey, spiritual guidance is fine, spiritual totalitarianism where any pastor or apparently you tell me what I MUST believe is not fine-- that is the thinking that justifies Jonestown, the Crusades, the inquisition, the Salem Witch Trials, etc. etc. etc. A guy in the pulpit says it, so I must believe it or go to Hell? Come on! the faith commands a more mature understanding than that!

I hope that some day we get to a point in our spiritual growth where we can combine the spiritual guidance from our leaders with our own relationship with God to come up with the best decision for us.

Where Obama differs from you, is he can say that he loves and respects, yet can still disagree with his pastor. He doesn't have to parrot others to be a man of faith.

Draft saved Draft deleted