SICK of the Obama-Preacher write off excuses

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Well what did is say that was incorrect? He has a very inconsistant voting record, there doesnt seem to be anything INSIDE the man. Hes just in politics as a career. I want politicians ot be inspirational people who have strong political beliefs.
His voting record isn't "inconsistant". He's voted absent a number of times, but that is a tactic that many US politicians utilize to not vote for or against a bill so that it can be re-worked. It's a big misconception, but any Senator can tell you the same thing...if it's not an election year of course.

Inspirational and strong political beliefs...I think both Hillary and Obama possess that. McCain's not so inspirational, but he has strong political beliefs.
I think the reason he is doing so well is that ( as with Tony Blair over here) he can hide behind his vagueness. If people dont know anything about a politician, but they like his image, they then start to project their own ideas and aspirations onto them. This stragety worked very well for Blair. When he won his first election the people of the UK had no idea what they were voting for, and they didnt get much fuck knows. Its just really god PR and nothing more. Mood music for the masses.
I don't think that applies to Obama. In fact, that applies more to Hillary than Obama. Obama explicitly tells you all his plans for the presidency and how he plans to carry it out. Hillary just tells you what she plans to do, but doesn't explain how she intends to carry any of it out. McCain, like Obama, tells and explains.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hope you don't honestly believe that the government manufactured AIDS to kill black people...

I have not seen any evidence to support that they did. But there is plenty of proof that they deliberately made people sick in the past, so I'm not one to completely dismiss it.

Start here.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hey Alt. Ego...that's the problem, it wouldn't be so controversial if there wasn't some truth to some of the stuff he's saying. People don't like the truth. That's what makes it divisive. Yeah, it's extreme, but hey...people want you to sugar coat.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hey Alt. Ego...that's the problem, it wouldn't be so controversial if there wasn't some truth to some of the stuff he's saying. People don't like the truth. That's what makes it divisive. Yeah, it's extreme, but hey...people want you to sugar coat.

You can't handle the truth! You've proved it time and again.

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I haven't read this thread, but I have a question I'd like to ask. I won't go into how I feel about Obama, Democrats, Republicans, Clinton, et cetra

Sometimes when damaging information on a candidate is found, it is "sat on" until the most damaging time for it to be released. Do you think that someone decided to sit on this story until right before holy week and Easter, when religion is forefront in many Christians' minds? It seems like an interesting coincidence that this religiously outrageous material (to some) is being discussed on what many consider to be Christianity's most important holiday.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
For the record here is the website of the church that Obama is a member.

Trinity United Church of Christ

Here you will find the official positions of the church. They are in my opinion definitely left of center. But then so are my views.

One issue that has not been addressed is how Obama came to be a member there. That church may be the family church of his wife. Obama has made it clear that he became a Christian at or about the time he joined Trinity.

I posted this on one of the other many threads that are here about Obama and his church. Consider Dr. Wright's views as compared to the radical right wing fundamental white church. It is basically this:

"America has sinned greatly by allowing gays to run rampant throughout society, allowing abortion, encouraging teen girls to use the pill, encouraging teen boys to use condoms and encourging people to live as couples without benefit of marriage. Therefore, God will send a conqueror to come and destroy America for her sins of transgression."

The quotes are my summation of what I have heard them preach. The kicker here is that preachers have been preaching God's wrath toward people for eons of time. It is nothing new. However, Dr. Wright did it using phrases that are inflaming words in that they are designed to get the congregation to do. Or give a reason for a tragedy that will give the given c0ngregation comfort.

I do not agree with this particular religious tactic. It is nothing new. Both the extreme right and extreme left has used it since the beginning of time.

Obama has condemned this kind of preaching. That had to be hard to do. Dr. Wright is a personal friend of his. We don't always agree with our personal friends. Sometimes we disagree greatly. It could be argued that Obama should have stood by his friend right or wrong.

All of this coming from a Hillary supporter. Does being for Hillary have to be about being against Obama? I certainly hope not. This is a great moment in American history. One of our parties has at the top two contenders a woman and a black man.

This is a moment to celebrate. And I certainly hope that one of them lives at the White House come next January. I would prefer that the other one be Vice President. But time will tell about that.

One reason this has become personal and about attacks is that there isn't enough difference in what Hillary and Obama would do if elected. Since there really isn't any political issues to have serious debate about, the conversation turns personal. Bill Clinton has been called the first black President. It is a given: Neither candidate is a racist. Anyone suggested otherwise is just blowing smoke.

I believe that Hillary can stand up to the excessive personal attacks by the McCain camp than Obama can. Though many in the Obama camp beleive that Hillary has thrown punches below the belt, they are nothing compared to what McCain will do come next fall.

Why can't we discuss which candidate has a better chance at beating McCain? Why is "put a name here" heath care plan better than the other candidate's? Those are serious issues than can and should be debated.

Shawn777

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Obama--As someone said earlier, he has excellent PR capabilities and the ability to inspire hope and gather up the young people as JFK did in the past.

Much of it is fluff without any substantial specifics to go along with it. My writing professor and I analyzed several of his speeches for ethos, pathos, and logos and found a serious lack of logistics. Obama paints a blank canvas.

As for his church, has anyone looked at his church's mission as a black church? It seems to denounce the middle class and almost sounds like a racist blog. I am half-black by birth and have a full black brother and find that the reverend's comments are terrible in any context. I also don't think Obama has handled the situation correctly and has evaded many of the questions.

I'm not attacking Obama but I wish he would give me something in his speeches besides positive images and circles around questions. He's a incredibly smart man so I think he can do it.

However, as far as Democrats go, I support Hillary Clinton since I know exactly what she plans on doing based on her history, speeches, and ambitions. She'll try for universal health care, which will most like fail in this decade, and then move on to more pressing issues such as a reworking of No Child Left Behind, the Attack on the Middle Class, and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Her ambition is intense and she'll fight hard for everything while former President Bill Clinton will most likely use his awesome PR abilities to sooth over rough points.

I'm not impressed with either candidate but they're both better than McCain.

McCain.will.die.soon.

He's terribly old, has been treated several times over the past few years for ailments and has a raging temper. If the Republicans win this election, somehow, then be assured that there will be more faith in the VP than in the President. McCain has already shown his ignorance of the basics in terms of the wars and economics and Congress will move to block him at every twisted turn until his death. This is my hope.

For those that think that an Obama/Clinton ticket is possible, it's not going to happen. There is intense animosity and Clinton's attacks on Obama's experience would backfire if she placed him in a position where he could achieve the Presidency at any one time.

For those that think that if Obama loses the nomination that young people's hearts and newly revived political minds will be destroyed, you're right, it will and thank God! Young people are stupid. They don't know a god damn thing about politics, global affairs, geography, economics, or psychology yet wish to cast votes. They should all stay out until after they've been in the workforce for several years. I am an 18 year old saying this and I have yet to find a single Obama supporter who can name 5 specifics of any Obama policy (which btw, would be nearly identical to a Clinton policy and I know far more Clinton supporters who can say specifics).

For the record, I will most likely be abstaining from voting due to my own lack of knowledge. I trust in my working parents to make an educated vote based on realities, not images and not just words.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
I am putting this as a separate post as I am speaking as a moderator here, not a member:

It has been brought to the attention of the moderators that there are entirely too many threads on the subject of Obama and Dr. Wright. It is not the wish of the moderators to guide and control the flow of the board concerning topics discussed here.

However, when members complain that it becomes extremely difficult to carry on a discussion on a subject because the discussion has become fragmented due to multiple threads concerning the issue, the moderators do sometimes step in when it appears that threads that are appearing seem to be spamming the board.

Let it be noted, that the moderators will consider either closing additional threads concerning Obama and Dr. Wright, or merging the new threads into existing threads.

The purpose for this intervention would be only to help the flow of discussion and help the members read and participate in the debate at hand.

Thanks,

Freddie

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I haven't read this thread, but I have a question I'd like to ask. I won't go into how I feel about Obama, Democrats, Republicans, Clinton, et cetra

Sometimes when damaging information on a candidate is found, it is "sat on" until the most damaging time for it to be released. Do you think that someone decided to sit on this story until right before holy week and Easter, when religion is forefront in many Christians' minds? It seems like an interesting coincidence that this religiously outrageous material (to some) is being discussed on what many consider to be Christianity's most important holiday.

You give people in general way to much credit. There is no diabolical movement out there orcastrating these things. They all just roll with the punches day in day out!

mrpond

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dont buy into AIDS thing being part of a gov plan..thats just plain silly. But everything else the guy said he got right.

dont shoot the messenger...

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I dont buy into AIDS thing being a part of a gov plan..thats just plain silly. But everything else the guy said he got right.

dont shoot the messenger...

Wait...do you mean to tell us that it's possible for someone to use their own brain to differentiate another person's speech into reasonable complaints and ridiculous paranoia?

mrpond

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wait...do you mean to tell us that it's possible for someone to use their own brain to differentiate another person's speech into reasonable complaints and ridiculous paranoia?

i read your quote several times havent got the point what you're trying to say.. but try this one for size

Just because someone's paraniod it doesnt mean that someone isnt after them..

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i read your quote several times havent got the point what you're trying to say.. but try this one for size

Just because someone's paraniod it doesnt mean that someone isnt after them..

I was being facetious...the same way most of the folks here bashing Obama over his association with Rev. Wright have been acting as though the man weren't possessed enough of his own mind to figure out for himself that some of the things Wright said were a little cuckoo.

E_N

Experimental Member
Media
I was raised Catholic, and I disagree with much about it, but that doesn't mean I'm going to leave the church. The pope is an ex-Nazi, but I'm not. The church is pro-life, but I'm pro-choice. More than that, I'm anti-covering up for pedophiles. There's a lot about the church that I accept as core values, like the need to do good works in this lifetime.

Some people are trying to portray Jeremiah Wright as the worst American ever, when he's really not even that bad. He's just a very angry black man that places too much blame for socieities ills on the government. The history of race and the problems we face in this country are not so simple that they can be boiled down to "it's the government's fault." That was Wright's real logical error. More importantly though, Jeremiah Wright is not Barack Obama. The subtext of most of these attacks is whether or not Obama is too black to be president.

If the election really gets decided on where Obama falls on the "blackness" scale, instead of real, actual, important things (Iraq, Economy, Healthcare, etc.), perhaps our country hasn't grown up yet.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I am putting this as a separate post as I am speaking as a moderator here, not a member:

It has been brought to the attention of the moderators that there are entirely too many threads on the subject of Obama and Dr. Wright. It is not the wish of the moderators to guide and control the flow of the board concerning topics discussed here.

However, when members complain that it becomes extremely difficult to carry on a discussion on a subject because the discussion has become fragmented due to multiple threads concerning the issue, the moderators do sometimes step in when it appears that threads that are appearing seem to be spamming the board.

Let it be noted, that the moderators will consider either closing additional threads concerning Obama and Dr. Wright, or merging the new threads into existing threads.

The purpose for this intervention would be only to help the flow of discussion and help the members read and participate in the debate at hand.

Thanks,

Freddie

Yes, as I said several responses up, the intent of these multiple and continuous posts has become obvious enough, especially when they originate from and/or are continuously perpetuated by the same group of posters.

Then when the debate either dies out or someone makes a point or observation that doesn't bode well for their original intent, they drop the thread like a hot potato and resurrect it in parallel form in yet another thread.

In the last month or two it's been like a blitzkrieg of Democrat bashing of one kind or another in multiple threads... with several new ones (one the same topic) created daily.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what's going on. For those who wish to indulge 'em, linking all the discussions and threads together would allow for greater focus and debate on the issues. Hopefully ALL of them.

Mind games... courtesy of the "Ministry of Truth" (the police of thought).