Sick to death of US election

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Is it just me, or are there others outside of the US who are sick to death of hearing all the bickering and slandering going on due to the upcoming US elections.
I can't wait for it to be over.

Politics is part of life and it's good that it's being discussed, but while I never thought I'd say it, I think I actually prefer the fictious stories section over the one with politics right now.

I'm looking forward to when open and honest discussions related to penis size once again become the prime purpose of the LPSG.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
10 more days to go jumbo. Hang in there. No wait... there will be the recounts and the lawsuits!

Of course, you don't have to click on those threads.

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Trust me, I avoid those threads as much as I can.

I don't see how it can be so difficult.
Do you want 4 more years of conservative policies or is it time for a change ?

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Is it just me, or are there others outside of the US who are sick to death of hearing all the bickering and slandering going on due to the upcoming US elections.
I can't wait for it to be over.

Politics is part of life and it's good that it's being discussed, but while I never thought I'd say it, I think I actually prefer the fictious stories section over the one with politics right now.

I'm looking forward to when open and honest discussions related to penis size once again become the prime purpose of the LPSG.

Trust me, I avoid those threads as much as I can.

I don't see how it can be so difficult.
Do you want 4 more years of conservative policies or is it time for a change ?

Your first post complains about political bickering and your second post asks for more of it. For something you are so tired of I can’t imagine why you request more of the same.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hell, people INSIDE the US are sick to death of hearing about it. I wouldn't mind talking about it on LPSG if the conversations were actually relevant but it's just moot talking points and random misinformation from 10th party blogs, if the threads were actually about the ISSUES there wouldn't even be a need for a whole separate forum.

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Your first post complains about political bickering and your second post asks for more of it. For something you are so tired of I can’t imagine why you request more of the same.

No, I don't think that my post ask for more bickering and slander. This is what the election is about. 4 more years of conservatives or a change.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
No, I don't think that my post ask for more bickering and slander. This is what the election is about. 4 more years of conservatives or a change.

With bickering and slander set as precedent here did you really expect anything different when asking a loaded question?

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
With bickering and slander set as precedent here did you really expect anything different when asking a loaded question?

Maybe not, but I guess I was hoping that the focus would change from "who said what and who did what" to ideology and on that level it really is as simple as if you want to continue to have a conservative president or replace him with a democrat.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hell, people INSIDE the US are sick to death of hearing about it. I wouldn't mind talking about it on LPSG if the conversations were actually relevant but it's just moot talking points and random misinformation from 10th party blogs, if the threads were actually about the ISSUES there wouldn't even be a need for a whole separate forum.
QFT! I voted last Monday so you know I'm over it already. :cool:

Why is that a loaded question? It really is as simple as the OP stated.

As Marley and others have stated some of us here in the US are sick of the election and the mudslinging which goes with it.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
QFT! I voted last Monday so you know I'm over it already. :cool:

Why is that a loaded question? It really is as simple as the OP stated.

As Marley and others have stated some of us here in the US are sick of the election and the mudslinging which goes with it.

Make no mistake I am beyond sick of this election also and cannot wait for it to be over even for simple reasons like what little TV I watch is inundated with nothing but nonstop political commercials most of which make my skin crawl.

The presidential election is bad enough but wow, the others like congressional candidates campaign messages are absolutely atrocious around here anyway.

Regarding the “loaded question” I don’t see how anybody can ask that expecting something other than bickering and slander when that’s the standard here.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Regarding the “loaded question” I don’t see how anybody can ask that expecting something other than bickering and slander when that’s the standard here.

Which side is setting that standard? The side that uses the names "Barry" and "Hussein" at every turn? The side that accuses 'Colon' Powell of racism in his endorsement? The side that immediately jumped Ashley Todd's defense without any evidence to support her claim? The side that dredges up twenty-year-old alliances to link the other candidate to domestic terrorists? The side that uses the phrase "community organizer" with a derisive sneer, as they do neologisms like "liberal apologist"? The side that cleaved my home state into "Real Virginia" and "Communist Country"? The side that spins a banking error into a story about Obama supporters "ripping people off"? The side that boos their own candidate for saying that Obama is "decent"? The side that wants a constitutional amendment to take away rights from other citizens? The side that held up an economic recovery package just to raise a snit about something that Speaker Pelosi said? The side that just proposed ending our constitutional union and exiling liberals east of the Mississippi?

Not that our side's hands are completely clean (*sigh*), but one side's been far more divisive than the other.

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
:hijacked: I hate to start a different thread but I was just wondering what political group does the most bickering or bitching here on LPSG? sorry for the hijacked thread Jumbo...BTW good to see you posting once in awhile.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
what political group does the most bickering or bitching here on LPSG?

By what metric?

Given that the site's only existed during a Republican administration, if you surveyed every post ever submitted here, you'd probably find quantitatively more complaints by the left against the abuses of the right. I'd disagree, though, that it's mere 'bickering or bitching' to object to the human rights abuses at Abu Ghraib or Guantanamo, to oppose the invasive provisions of the Patriot Act, or to defend the Fifth Amendment against illegal wiretapping.

I'd reserve 'bickering and bitching' for topics like the smell of Barack Obama's airplane, or the time that he once said "fifty-seven" instead of "forty-seven", or the silly thread that emerged when John McCain called his running mate a "bresh of freth air".

And I predict -- you can correct me in 2012 if I'm wrong -- that we'll see a lot more of that in the next four years than we have in the last four.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Which side is setting that standard? The side that uses the names "Barry" and "Hussein" at every turn? The side that accuses 'Colon' Powell of racism in his endorsement? The side that immediately jumped Ashley Todd's defense without any evidence to support her claim? The side that dredges up twenty-year-old alliances to link the other candidate to domestic terrorists? The side that uses the phrase "community organizer" with a derisive sneer, as they do neologisms like "liberal apologist"? The side that cleaved my home state into "Real Virginia" and "Communist Country"? The side that spins a banking error into a story about Obama supporters "ripping people off"? The side that boos their own candidate for saying that Obama is "decent"? The side that wants a constitutional amendment to take away rights from other citizens? The side that held up an economic recovery package just to raise a snit about something that Speaker Pelosi said? The side that just proposed ending our constitutional union and exiling liberals east of the Mississippi?

Not that our side's hands are completely clean (*sigh*), but one side's been far more divisive than the other.

A moderator on a very-liberal dominated board listing jabs from the right while pretending the left is of another caliber. How quaint. :rolleyes:

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A moderator on a very-liberal dominated board listing jabs from the right while pretending the left is of another caliber. How quaint. :rolleyes:

Okay, I'll add ad-hominem fallacies to the list. Do you want to continue to attack the messenger, or refute the message?