Sigh, looks like I might be heading towards FWD for the next car :(

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
no, I'm sure that they are. But again, you are missing the point.

If the very professional engineers at Mazda spent so long tuning and engineering the RX-7, and then someone buys one with the sole intent of getting it home and promptly fucking with that tuning and engineering.. then it doesn't matter how skilled or professional those engineers at Mazda are. Their careful work has been fucked with and compromised.

Also, the RX-7 isn't designed as a halo car or to be a super badass performance car, it's a mass market car designed to have broad appeal. and it does. It does exactly what it was designed to do. It sells for cheap, it picks up the groceries, it handles "sportily," it gets decent gas mileage, all at the same time. Kudos to those Mazda engineers.

I believe at the time you posted about how the Viper was professionally tuned and engineered, the whole purpose of you post was to discredit links that you conveniently bundled as "you tube videos" and similar. The point was, what efforts I had made to point out what Mazda and others had done to ensure their vehicle was not only designed to be a top performer for the consumer, that it also have a pedigree of racing successes to accompany it and legitimize it as perhaps the most successful sports car of it's time. Now that I was able to inform you of the principals that developed those vehicles, you still cling to the "you tube" mentality that anyone that shows up with an RX7, they took it to some hack for performance work. Well, even if that were the case, those guys have to start somewhere. The France family just didn't start off with Daytona International Speedway as you see it today. I told you I grew up there, I remember the speedway when it wasn't the racing Mecca of Central Florida. The races used to be held on the hard sand of the beach. And "DIS", used to look like a high school football stadium grandstand area in front of a 2 1/2 mile track. Bottom line, there are plenty of people that buy what they want, then have it restored or upgraded, Jay Leno (too many vehicles to list), Joe Rogan (1970 Barracuda) are two that come to mind.

At any rate you lumped the links with the sole intent to group them as "you tube" hack jobs. Now you were caught in it and exposed, and now you want to back off the Mazdasports and Racing Beat Inc. to qualify them as legitimate engineering firms. Mazda put the first RX7's out during a fuel crisis, When America was going after Corollas and Civics, a gasoline thirstier RX7 suffers in sales. Back then , not only did fuel prices double, but you waited in line for it and often times drove away with the same amount of gasoline you had when you arrived because there wasn't any left after waiting and it was your turn to pump it. Mazda put a product out that was grossly detuned for those reasons, not because they couldn't build the baddest sports car ever, because on the race track they proved they were the baddest of the bunch. That's what a ban on the powerplant of those cars was. Mazda simply put out a car that in it's first year humbled Porsche, Ferrari, Chevy Corvette, Ford Mustang, BMW, Jaguar, Lambourghini, Lotus and others that I haven't even begun to mention.

Another little known fact, the RX7 also ran in off road rally's ? None of it's sports car competitor's on the race track ventures to make that claim.

Attachments