Sign of the Times

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The rising sign, or ascendant, is determined by the time of day you were born. You can consult an astrological ephemeris in order to find out what your ascendant is. There is, or at least there used to be, an online ephemeris. Try a Google search. The ascendant fine tunes the sun sign's attributes. To a serious astrologist, the rising sign is as important as the sun sign. To the average "I read my daily horoscope in the newspaper" type, it probably doesn't matter.

tott666: Aquarius, Libra rising if I remember correctly...

Dag: I'm a Aries (Born 04.13.1965)
So what is my rising sign?

??? hmmm... - dag

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=Dag link=board=99;num=1057043790;start=20#24 date=07/10/03 at 15:45:37]I'm a Aries (Born 04.13.1965)
So what is my rising sign?
[/quote]

It depends on what time you were born: hour and minute.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=Raal Lexx link=board=99;num=1057043790;start=0#19 date=07/10/03 at 08:56:32]
@ Whopper - YOUR DAY IS COMING !!  ;)  ;) [/quote]

Yes, it is, Radu; graciun for remembering! Of course as you are a sometime resident of Paris, I think the date 14 July would tend to stand out in your mind! :D

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Jacinto,
It's not only being in Paris [I am in Roumania now, (again... ::)), but the message where I first mentioned my retour disappeared when the server was changed] ! It's also that birthdays' data of those really dear to me stick to my mind ins-tan-tly !!

@ Dee,
Indeed, astro-twins ! You can also check your rising sign on this www.astrology.com, at "free report". It gives you even an astrologic chart !

hawl: Without giving away too much, for those knowledgeable about these dark arts (yes, I had my whole computer chart based on exact minute of birth done long ago): I have surprise, surprise, Pluto rising.

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
DeeBlackthorne wrote:
I don't know if my sign completely describes me, though. I'm not the most emotional or sensitive guy in the world, but like the water signs, I've got a nagging intuitive sense that seems to be dead on about lots of things. So, I definitely trust my gut, and as an empath, sometimes I can get caught in the swell of the emotions surrounding me. I think the moon sign's dead on. If angered or pressed, I'm probably the least compassionate and/or cold person to ever come across. When I'm good, I'm good, and when I'm bad, forget it, I'm evil. I don't let people take advantage of me, and if I let my guard down and find myself betrayed, I will throw it back in someone's face, three-fold, five-fold, ten-fold. Quite the vindictive one here.

Interesting... !! though there are many differences with what the Pisces-Scorpio mixture "conferred" me. I think it's just the different planets' alignement.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=rrrrrr link=board=99;num=1057043790;start=20#28 date=07/11/03 at 03:07:07] Pluto rising.[/quote]

Uh ... Pluto is a planet, not a constellation. Only the signs of the zodiac (the twelve constellations) can be rising signs. ???

hawl: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=99;num=1057043790;start=20#30 date=07/11/03 at 17:38:17]

Uh ... Pluto is a planet, not a constellation. Only the signs of the zodiac (the twelve constellations) can be rising signs. ???
[/quote]To be more specific, Pluto is in the same sign as my rising sign Virgo and is said to be on the ascendant, in the first house, rising, etc. by most astrologers. Pluto (the planet associated with Scorpio and sexuality among other things) falling in my first house (one's body type, first impression, etc.) led to my bad attempt at humor. Sorry.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
this is exciting....correcting DMW. oh awright, i had to ask a g/f...but still, i should get a point or two. ;)

a planet in the first house of the horoscope or maybe in the 12th house if very close to the ascendent (within 5 degrees) is said to be rising. these planets exert major influences in the way the person relates and is percieved as relating to the world. pluto rising is a great place for a revolutionary.

yea...i have great respect for the erudite DMW.

jay

7x6andchg: From my rather limited understanding of astrology, I believe you're both right -

One can have rising planets, as you suggest, jay_too, which provide an influence on one's personality based upon the planet (since certain planets rule certain things or have certain 'characteristics'), the house they are in (as those houses have 'characteristics')...

and there are also the rising signs (the sign in which the sun is found in the sky during the day of one's birth) which are primarily thought to be the "face" that one shows the world, even if that is completely different from one's inner personality.

As an example, Leo is my rising sign because I was born at 8:47 am - for the first 2 hours after sunrise (I was born in the summer) the rising sign is the same as your sun sign (Cancer, in my case), then the next two is the next one (Leo - MY RISING SIGN), and so on and so forth until one gets to the following day and sunrise.

That's my understanding of it, anyway.

7x6&C
Cancer w/ Leo Rising;Moon in Gemini

bustyredhead: Ah, now I understand why I don't seem to be a great Leo... my rising and my moon are both Sagittarius! lol Thanks for the link, Dee!

- Nene (Enlightened)

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
oh yeah...

aries rising...among other things, and sun in aquarius.

jay

Javierdude22: Capricorn here...

Ive had a lotta very insightfull conversations with a lotta people on this topic....but seriously....i think this all is a load of crap plus one... ;D....sorry people!!...

look, im gonna start this discussion, simply cuase its cool to discuss this....but really....do any of you really believe this crap??....truth be told, i believe in a guy that walked over water 2000 years ago, and died and jumped on a cloud to go sit on his throne....but really...

Everyone has a little something of every sign in him/her...it doesnt predict shite...nor does it tell me anything about my personality...my personality changes like hell over time, but my signs dont...whats up with that?

Sorry to bust any balls here....i am not doin it on purpose  ::) and i didnt wanna do this thred...but....there was too much happy agreement....so theres feathers to rufflle...

Laterz

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=Javierdude23 link=board=99;num=1057043790;start=20#36 date=07/13/03 at 15:25:13]do any of you really believe this crap??....truth be told, i believe in a guy that walked over water 2000 years ago, and died and jumped on a cloud to go sit on his throne....but really...
[/quote]

And according to the Bible that you and I both believe in, that 'guy' you mentioned was visited in His infancy by astrologers from the East. By interpreting portents that they perceived in the positions of the stars, they read through their astrological arts that a King of kings was born and they travelled great distance to pay Him homage. So, is the Biblical account, in your opinion, a load of crap?

7x6andchg: Javier-

I think perhaps the reason there was such "agreement" wasn't necessarily that any of us believe it...or don't...it's just that most people know their sun sign and know the things it's supposed to stand for. All it was was a astrological version of the "AGE CHECK HOLLA" thread in the Young and Hung section, IMHO.

That's one of the reasons it was one of the 70's greatest pickup lines.... "What's your sign, baby?"

7x6&C

Javierdude22: [quote author=7by6etC link=board=99;num=1057043790;start=20#38 date=07/14/03 at 16:24:45]Javier-

I think perhaps the reason there was such "agreement" wasn't necessarily that any of us believe it...or don't...it's just that most people know their sun sign and know the things it's supposed to stand for.  All it was was a astrological version of the "AGE CHECK HOLLA" thread in the Young and Hung section, IMHO.

That's one of the reasons it was one of the 70's greatest pickup lines....  "What's your sign, baby?"

7x6&C

[/quote]

DMW, youre totally right dude...and you frankly leave me with no response. I dont know how to place them knowing it from the stars, in the persepective of me thinking its a load of bull. The only thing i can come up with is that God might have given them the insight at that moment, simply to celebrate his Sons birth. Almost like putting out the blue baby posters to let your neighbourhood know that you have a son. Hell, if a buncha rich people come showering my kid then, theyre more than welcome :). I dunno...but, and now i come to you

7x6, i just think that leading your life by the astrological predictions, or analysing your personality or past events by it, to me seems rather silly. I know it was more an Age Check thing, but i think it could serve as a nice discussion at the same time ;D