Signs of femininity

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Long hair. The longer, the more feminine

Boobs, moreso cleavage. The bigger, the more feminine. Some women with small boobs can look boyish, especially if they have short hair.

That's about it really.

You're kidding, right? I mean, this is INSANELY insulting. Like CRAZILY insulting. Holy shit. PLEASE tell me you're kidding.

Willifred

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Am I the only one sick of these assholes who throw in the objective/subjective bullshit on topics of what the responders would find attractive? Post what you find feminine, and leave it there. If an aforementioned 90% gay male can participate why cant the kids who learned the difference between subject & object a few years back tackle the honest question? Its starting to get fucking ridicilous.

Calm the shit down.

There are many things I find attractive about feminine guys, most of those turn out to be particular of the individual, or when and/or where I'm finding them attractive. The same could be said of feminine females but would also be dependent on the same values.

There's not much of a need for you to rant at people about the use of the terms objective or subjective either. As for calling me an asshole about it, there wasn't much need, and I'm feeling terribly objectified for you doing so.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're kidding, right? I mean, this is INSANELY insulting. Like CRAZILY insulting. Holy shit. PLEASE tell me you're kidding.

What the fuck are you talking about? If someone doesn't have boobs and long hair, how can I tell if they're a man or woman without taking their underwear off?

They are the only (visual) signs of femininity.

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What the fuck are you talking about? If someone doesn't have boobs and long hair, how can I tell if they're a man or woman without taking their underwear off?

I'm going to pretend that you didn't type that.

Last edited:

Thirdlegproduction

Formerly WhiteMonst3r
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a multitasker who is aware of everyone's feelings and perceptions and I bitch a lot when someone doesn't have the right motivations for doing something even if it gets the job done.

Very high attention to detail and I love taking care of children.

As for visual signs, I have pretty feminine eyes, almost asian like,

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm a multitasker who is aware of everyone's feelings and perceptions and I bitch a lot when someone doesn't have the right motivations for doing something even if it gets the job done.

Very high attention to detail and I love taking care of children.

As for visual signs, I have pretty feminine eyes, almost asian like,

It's been proven that human beings, as a species, SUCK at multitasking. As far as I'm aware anyways.

Stop tooting your own horn, it's not polite.

redz_rule

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Lol, c'mon now.

You find those qualities feminine - that's fair enough. I don't think it was offensive... at least I've seen you say far worse.

Would you really have to undress Keira Knightley or Natalie Portman to see if they were male or female though? In my experience, it's often the prettiest women who are brave enough to go for the extremely short hairstyles, because they can carry it off.

Thirdlegproduction

Formerly WhiteMonst3r
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's been proven that human beings, as a species, SUCK at multitasking. As far as I'm aware anyways.

Stop tooting your own horn, it's not polite.

Right, tooting my own horn about being able to multitasking will atract dozens of ladies on here. ;)

They'll all be like "Ow wowww that guy has the best multitasking abilities I've ever seen let's make love to him right away!"

Talking about not being polite, you've been on my case for several times criticising me for no real reason.
One could argue that badmouthing another person to raise their own superiority is a feminine trait.

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lol, c'mon now.

You find those qualities feminine - that's fair enough. I don't think it was offensive... at least I've seen you say far worse.

Would you really have to undress Keira Knightley or Natalie Portman to see if they were male or female though? In my experience, it's often the prettiest women who are brave enough to go for the extremely short hairstyles, because they can carry it off.

My point was it was quite sexist. Insultingly sexist. Theoretically, men and women are equals. Treatment such as this works against that. I strongly disapprove, the reason I pointed it out in the first place. He's gone further than that?

redz_rule

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My point was it was quite sexist. Insultingly sexist. Theoretically, men and women are equals. Treatment such as this works against that. I strongly disapprove, the reason I pointed it out in the first place. He's gone further than that?

With the OP asking what straight men find feminine, I'm not sure what type of responses you expected. Whilst men and women might be equal, this does not mean they are the same. It doesn't need to be a complicated question. Although any answer has the potential to cause offence *shrug*

Last edited:

Jasibella

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have to agree with redz, (everyone of course is entitled to their own opinion) I however think many women look amazing with short hair and some even rock the shaved/bald look and are beyond beautiful. I think they are incredibly brave and strong women to do this. I wish I could pull off the short hair look but I'm too afraid to go that short.

That being said some men are not particularly attracted to women with shorter hair. Just as I generally do not find myself attracted to guys with longer hair its just something on a personal level. So really what reason is there for someone to come out against what another person finds attractive in a woman. If a guy prefers large breast over small that's his prerogative. As long as he isn't saying that the woman in question is not feminine at all, or something that is actually insulting, then there really isn't any reason to take offense.

Simply saying "that's what I find feminine" is a better way of saying it rather than " without boobs and long hair they aren't a woman or feminine" ( Paraphrasing)

Ps: Keira Knightly is amazingly gorgeous in that photo i love her <3

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
But that's exactly what he was saying. The question was: "What do you think is feminine?" His answer: "Big boobs and long hair. That's it."
I mean, look at the profile pictures of both you. Big boobs, and long hair. Isn't that saying something?
On top of that Jasibella, look at the way you treat the few famous female celebrities who do sport short hair. You call them "brave and strong to do this", as if it weren't feminine in the least and therefore taboo (or something). The hair cuts these people personally prefer should not call into question their feminine identities.
Everyone has their personal preferences, sure. That's completely beside the point. Asking someone to summarize femininity in one or two sentences is not going to result in anything too productive. No matter how you dice it, human beings are just not that simple. Masculine and feminine identities are just as much individual as they are social. Without any sort of context, which vary constantly, any response is going to be fairly useless.
*Note: This speaks nothing of my opinion of the celebrities you mention. I was only using that as example.

mm_mm

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Feminine (adj):
having qualities or an appearance traditionally associated with women, especially delicacy and prettiness.

-Oxford Dictionary

Therefore any trait that is sported by women but is not traditionally associated with them could be considered by society or an individual to not be feminine.

Largely in western culture it is traditional for women to have long hair etc, whereas in some african countries it is normal for a woman to have a shaved head.

So while you say that the haircuts these women sport should not call into question their feminine traits, the reality is they do. In the ideal world people wouldn't be so judgemental.

And you're right, we do term those kind of descriptors of big boobs and curves etc as sexist.

But the truth is masculine and femine ARE sexist terms. They are stereotypical terms used to outline the qualities and roles of each gender.

Last edited:

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Quoting Oxford Dictionary? This is not how cultures define masculinity and femininity. What it means to be a man or a woman does transcend society you know. Naturally, these social aspects are critical to how people who live in that society relate to one another. However, it is just as important to recognize one's personal identity outside of that society. Sexism and masculinity/femininity are not the same concept: masculine and feminine identities are not necessarily sexist. This is part of my point. I do not have to think myself better or above a woman to have a strong masculine identity. In fact, the two concepts are unrelated; they are concepts which interact as independent entities.

redz_rule

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The way I see it, peeps are free to make their answers as complicated as they like - more power to 'em. That's their opinion. Peeps who wanna take the OP at face value are also free to do so, without being compelled to adhere to the deeper meanings given by other posters. I don't agree with Incocknito, but it was his opinion given in response to the OP.

JMO.

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The fact that it may or may not be their opinion is irrelevant. If public opinion says you aren't a woman because your boobs are too small, are you going to respect that opinion? FUCK no, that's not what makes you a woman! Women should not have to fit themselves into a tiny little box so that they can call themselves feminine, and it appears that's what you are doing. This is where it starts babe. This is where you get to legitimately argue against public opinion so you can identify with yourself and still be considered a woman without conforming to an extreme.

It's like with gay men. It's to the point where if you identify as gay in our society, that identity centers about the stereotype. Do you fit the stereotype, or do you not fit it? In the gay community, this partially defines who you get to be. For example, if one is flamboyant, you "lose" your ability to identify as masculine in the public eye because you "fit the stereotype". It's the same with women. It's not right, and I will argue against it under my current logic thank you very much. I will not settle because we all deserve better.

That's my point. I want people to express their sexist attitudes so I can argue against them and alter their opinion. I don't want to live in a sexist community, not to that extreme.