signs your boyfriend is gay

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One of my close friends is a gay guy. He was never a "flaming queer" either...so I understand what you're talking about.
However with this guy...I don't know him that well, and we didn't get to any intimate stage yet. He's just really artistic. He sent me poems he wrote, about love (which one of my male friends called "extremely fruity") and he likes making sculptures...and photography...and he's altogether very artistic...I know it can mean nothing, but it pisses me off how everybody calls him gay for that.

You might want to sift thru the true motives of those male friends telling you he's gay. There was one guy we used to play cards with who could play an acoustical guitar, he wasn't a bad singer either. But because he could do both, the ladies were mesmerized by this, even paid more attention to the guy. And as far as entertainment goes, it beats the hell out of watching a bunch of guys scratching themselves and bluffing on every hand they're dealt for hours on end. It broke up the monotony of the evening for those eliminated from the card game early. Jealousy is a green eyed monster sometimes. When someone shares their passion with you and others perceive it as gay, evaluate what those that are making the derogatory comments have to bring to the table. You may find they're only capable of belching and farting for entertainment ? Comedic jokes only go so far.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Sorry - this question and the responses makes me laugh.

If you catch him fucking another guy, he's gay. Or at least bisexual.

All the rest is stereotypes and old wives tales. You might as well start a thread on whether you can tell a man's penis size by the size of his nose.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
  • They own more than 12 pairs of shoes, boots, and sneakers
I'd say anything more than 3 pairs is a bit suspicious. Not diagnostic, but suspicious. Unless some pairs are very specialized; like red, white, and blue sneakers reserved for Fourth of July and weddings, or horse shoes for good luck, or tap shoes, or cleated baseball shoes; stuff like that.

sdg475

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
He's just really artistic. He sent me poems he wrote, about love (which one of my male friends called "extremely fruity") and he likes making sculptures...and photography...and he's altogether very artistic...I know it can mean nothing, but it pisses me off how everybody calls him gay for that.

As an above poster stated, it sounds like your male friend is jealous and intimidated by a skill he lacks. You really can not make any judgements about someone's sexuality based on artistic ability. I have a strong interest in architecture, sketching, music, philosophy, etc...and I am very straight. No one has ever questioned my sexuality because I'm artistic.

DenBoy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Indicators of him being gay in retrospect:
  • They call me up and want to go shoe shopping at the mall. Straight men don't want to go shoe shopping, they need to go shoe shopping and this only occurs when a pair has worn out.
I've never voluntarily gone shoe shopping.
  • They take longer to get ready for a night out than I do.
Do you take less than 10 minutes?
  • They love my mom. (Straight guys gravitate towards my dad & fear my mom)
This is an interesting one, but I don't get it.
Even counting worn out pairs I'm too lazy to throw away no.
  • They tell me when I need a touch-up
Unless you apply it with a trowel I'm unlikely to notice you wear
makeup.
  • They let me know when my weave looks raggedy :tongue:
Your hair looks really nice dear, don't change a thing.
  • They get excited when they hear Erasure is touring again
Who?
  • They get excited when M*A*C introduces a new collection
Who?
  • They plan spa days for us.
How would I find the name of a spa?

As usual I think I'm in the retrosexual category. You probably wouldn't know unless you catch me with a guy.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
Homosexuality has an emotional component, as well as the more commonly known sexual one. Many men are emotionally homosexual. Just think of all the men who treat women badly and/or prefer to be around male pals. Emotionally, they want their world to consist of men. Too many variables to really be able to pick those out that identify a gay man. I DO know there are many more around than will admit it. I would say any guy who hangs out here has gay tendencies. LMAO Admit it ya pole watchers!!!

I thought the emotional component was the most important part. That is what confuses me. I care about my guy friends, and love spending time with them. I am looking for a girl that I would want to be around more strongly than any guy. Not just to get me off. Even though I am a virgin, I know that I get aroused mostly by girls. Occasionally a penis on the internet gets me a little randy, and that is a sure sign of some gayness, but I am mostly aroused by women. That said, I don't think arousal is necessarily what makes someone straight. It is that emotional thing where you REALLY feel for the opposite sex.

Which is funny taking into consideration the notion that many guys are emotionally gay. I know what Kurt Cobain meant when he said Everyone is gay.

Femme

Experimental Member
Media
Well, to update, I was completely wrong and he is so not gay. Lol. I can't believe I even entertained the idea.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Well, to update, I was completely wrong and he is so not gay. Lol. I can't believe I even entertained the idea.
And there you have it. The main sign that your boyfriend is gay is that you find him devastated that he is not what society believes him to be, terrified of what this means for the rest of his life, and depressed about having hurt you.

Gay is not about shoe shopping, decorating or the inability to throw a curve ball.

Glad things worked out for you, and equally glad that we may have learned again that stereotypes don't help anybody and don't predict squat.

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Honey, he's gay if you're asking us this.

There are no indicators that you are fishing for here. There are lots of married gay men whose wifes have no idea. Not all gay men are flaming queers you know.

Maybe an indicator would be he doesn't get hard with you or he throws up a little after having sex with you. That would be a sure sign.

no more calls--we have a winner....ding ding ding..if you are wondering..then he is gay...he is less than a manly man...if you have to ponder...then there is something askew....perhaps you two would be better suited as "just friends"...no need in getting hurt while someone is deciding their 'status" and using you as a cover...this has happened time and time again to more than a few of my female friends....

two sure signs : he loves Liza Minelli and he knows the lyrics to "Send in the Clowns"

D_Garmanswait Glassnads

Experimental Member
Media
  • They call me up and want to go shoe shopping at the mall. Straight men don't want to go shoe shopping, they need to go shoe shopping and this only occurs when a pair has worn out.
  • I like shoes, I hate shoe shopping, I hate all shopping unless i'm by myself, have alot of cash and I'm on the net.
  • They take longer to get ready for a night out than I do.
  • I used to take ages but that was when I had acne, apart from my acne ritual It dosn't take me long at all. All the girls I know take the fucking piss.
  • They love my mom. (Straight guys gravitate towards my dad & fear my mom)
  • Depends what there mum and dad are like ffs.
  • I have 3 pairs I wear, rarely I try others on but then regret it.
  • They tell me when I need a touch-up
  • Not makeup but I'll tell someone who has brocolli in there teeth
  • They let me know when my weave looks raggedy
    tongue.gif
  • I didn't knwo what a weave was untill about a month ago
  • They get excited when they hear Erasure is touring again
  • Who
  • They get excited when M*A*C introduces a new collection
  • Who/at
  • They plan spa days for us.
  • I wouldn't plan it but I wouldn't not go.