Simon Amstell - Never Mind the Buzzcocks Host

vectra209

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Simon does it for me....he is hot! Thought so from the first time he hosted Buzzcocks. glad someone else does too!

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I like him on Buzzcocks. He is funny and sharp and is clearly very bright. I didn't know he was gay until recently. I also didn't realise he was a stand up comedian until yesterday! I am not sure I would describe him as hot. He is certainly cute though.

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America
I like him on Buzzcocks. He is funny and sharp and is clearly very bright. I didn't know he was gay until recently. I also didn't realise he was a stand up comedian until yesterday! I am not sure I would describe him as hot. He is certainly cute though.
But maybe you'll find him hot "next week." :tongue:

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I dont think he's hot at all. I dont watch buzzcocks but I use to love him on Popworld with Miqueta Oliver. They were so sarky about all the popstars they had on their show! I think half the pop world were boycotting them by the end of their last series coz they'd offended so many of them.

Big respect to him for always being out & proud too. He's certainly not a gay stereotype. A great example of how you can be an openly gay celebrity without any sensationalism.

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America
I dont think he's hot at all. I dont watch buzzcocks but I use to love him on Popworld with Miqueta Oliver. They were so sarky about all the popstars they had on their show! I think half the pop world were boycotting them by the end of their last series coz they'd offended so many of them.

Big respect to him for always being out & proud too. He's certainly not a gay stereotype. A great example of how you can be an openly gay celebrity without any sensationalism.
He would totally call out gay closeted celebrities to their faces. He would give a banana with his phone number on it to homophobic rappers.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
Agree with you XCUZE. He's always been completely unimpressed by puffed-up "celebrities" and takes any opportunity to bring them down a peg or two. Good on him for that. Most "celebrities" with a sense of humour are happy to have the piss ripped out of them and realise that it's just an excuse for a cheap joke at their expense. It's only the precious ones that take offence.

A good example of that was Harry Judd, from McFly, on this week's "Buzzcocks". He knew that he was going to be the whipping boy for Simon's humour and took it (and retaliated) with good grace. Whether or not you like McFly, he represented his bandmates well and came away in a good light - unlike some of the C-list poseurs (Preston from The Ordinary Boys comes to mind!) who are so far up themselves that they actually think that they are important.

As for Simon's sexuality, it's just a throwaway comment most of the time, like his Jewish heritage. So it should be, it's no more relevant than if someone is fat, bald or wears glasses.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
Must be a british thing. Never heard of him.

Ah, well, Jason. Now you know how we feel when our US colleagues make references to your celebrities, without telling us who they are! Even more annoying, when they refer to things like "Big Brother 6", rather than "Big Brother US 6" - forgetting that we originated the format (although strictly speaking, the Dutch did).