Simon Amstell - Never Mind the Buzzcocks Host

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Is anyone else getting tired of the same ole we did it first we are better mentality of our friends in the UK. Come on now all these shows are either sold to the US networks or Produced by big corporations in the UK. Hell its not like were stealing your tea or anything!

OOPS~ forgot to contribute, Simon it a cutie pie and I'd fuck the crap out of him any day of the week except Sunday thats my 69ing day!

Last edited:
Reactions: freerangee

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America
Agree with you XCUZE. He's always been completely unimpressed by puffed-up "celebrities" and takes any opportunity to bring them down a peg or two. Good on him for that. Most "celebrities" with a sense of humour are happy to have the piss ripped out of them and realise that it's just an excuse for a cheap joke at their expense. It's only the precious ones that take offence.

A good example of that was Harry Judd, from McFly, on this week's "Buzzcocks". He knew that he was going to be the whipping boy for Simon's humour and took it (and retaliated) with good grace. Whether or not you like McFly, he represented his bandmates well and came away in a good light - unlike some of the C-list poseurs (Preston from The Ordinary Boys comes to mind!) who are so far up themselves that they actually think that they are important.

As for Simon's sexuality, it's just a throwaway comment most of the time, like his Jewish heritage. So it should be, it's no more relevant than if someone is fat, bald or wears glasses.

Simon's comedy is all about his being gay, and being Jewish. It's hilarious.

His entire shtick is what celebrities look like, how stupid they are.

Without it, he wouldn't have a job! :biggrin1:

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
Is anyone else getting tired of the same ole we did it first we are better mentality of our friends in the UK. Come on now all these shows are either sold to the US networks or Produced by big corporations in the UK.

Nobody said that at all. There are, equally, plenty of shows that are shown in the UK that are of US origin. Posters should just make it clear when referring to shows shown in both (or other) countries which one you are referring to. With some it's obvious (e.g. Strictly Come Dancing/Dancing With The Stars), with others it's not. It just courtesy to save everybody from wasting their time clicking into a thread by clearly identifying it.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh. My. God. I wish I was British right now because that show is sooo fuckin' hilarious!!!

Does it come on BBC America? God I hope it does. I think I almost pissed myself twice watching clips on Youtube.

IMO he ain't that fit, bot he damn well knows it! (Cockney accent implied)

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America
Oh. My. God. I wish I was British right now because that show is sooo fuckin' hilarious!!!

Does it come on BBC America? God I hope it does. I think I almost pissed myself twice watching clips on Youtube.

IMO he ain't that fit, bot he damn well knows it! (Cockney accent implied)
It's not on BBC America. I'm sure you can download it on some torrent sites.

There's a clip on Youtube of him at 13-years-old on a game show, and he is so fucking cocky, the same as he is now.

kooperfan

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
He is so cute, and gay.

Have there been any stories about him? He either has a really big cock on his small frame, or... well, I don't want to consider the other.

Anyone else like him, or know anything?

He cut his hair. :(

i went to the london national theatre and saw him there, he came up and said thanks for coming, and i said i didn't come to see you. lol