Simple Question III - who does your laundry?

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Do you do your own laundry? No, unless I need something right away.

In your own house or at laundramat? In house. Everything gets line dried and ironed.

Do you take all your laundry to a cleaners and have them do everything? NO. That costs a fortune. I use a dry cleaner for suits and some sweaters.

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Do you do your own laundry? Yup, and my sons.

In your own house or at laundramat? My house

Do you take all your laundry to a cleaners and have them do everything?
No...LOL...that wuld cost money!!! Which is in short supply at the moment!!

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Do you do your own laundry?

I do all of mine and my husbands laundry

In your own house or at laundramat?

In our house.

I take my husbands suits, dress shirts and ties to the dry cleaners.

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
I do my own laundry ... and my whole family's laundry; it's one of my family responsibilities

(hell, I'll even iron stuff ... I'm pretty damn good with an iron!)

I do it at home, in the laundry area, just across the downstairs hallway from the stairs

I only take stuff to the cleaners like my suits ... stuff that needs to be dry cleaned, or shirts that need starch

D_Diesel Oyl

Sexy Member
Media
So doesn't look like anyone brings all their stuff to a cleaners, to do everything, socks, underwear....everything. I heard once that you can pay by the pound.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, if I had the money topay someone I would! I hate folding laundry.

In your own house or at laundramat?
In my home.

No, only suits, coats, formal attire, and linen dresses go to the dry cleaners.

Last time I was even in a dry cleaners / laundry service shop I was dropping off shirts for Hick (though he does his own at home most of the time, too).
Southern men are awfully particular about their attire. :rolleyes:

I do my own laundry in the small laundry room in the building where I live. When I lived in NJ, after I moved to my own place, my mother did it for me, when she became ill my father did it for me. They Ironed too. :biggrin1: I would drop off the dirty laundry for the week and pick up the clean clothes from the week before.
Spoiled Brat! :tongue:

So doesn't look like anyone brings all their stuff to a cleaners, to do everything, socks, underwear....everything. I heard once that you can pay by the pound.
When I lived in Mass. and was working full-time and going to school full-time I would drop off my laundry in the morning at one of those per pound laundry places. I picked up my laundry on the way home from work. It was great as it would be neatly folded or hung. My work required me to travel a lot and this way everything was ready to pack and go. Plus it freed up time to study. Back in 2000 I paid 17 cents a pound. I'm sure it's quadruple that now though. :cool:

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i do, or my roommate does, we often co-mingle loads (laundry loads perverts, not...)

machines in our house

i never iron anything ( i own an iron but it's never touched clothes, it's used for edgebanding only--woodworkers know what i'm talking about)

if i have a dress shirt, it goes to chin lu's , he'll wash iron and starch a shirt and put it on a hanger for $1.25, god bless america!

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Yeah, I've got a modern washing machine and matching dryer here in Argentina.
No, I avoid using them.
Yes, I send everything out -- except The Squeeze's white shirts. I make him take his white shirts and shorts and socks to his 75 year-old mother because he complains that Diego, the guy who picks up, washes, irons, folds, and delivers all our laundry makes his white clothes yellow.

In Spain, The Squeeze does all our laundry at home and then hand-dries it on our roof terrace, despite the fact that we're probably the ONLY people within a kilometer who also have a clothes dryer. He likes to iron so I let him.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The service in my building. That and my housekeeper will be two of the very last austerity measures I'll take. :wink:

and the stark separation between the ruling class and the lowly members of the proletariat becomes even starkerer. :eek:

if anybody calls i'll be in the basement beginning construction on a large timber horse shaped device with simple wooden wheels stocked with flaming arrows and a GPS set for nyc.

Last edited:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
and the stark separation between the ruling class and the lowly members of the proletariat becomes even starkerer. :eek:

if anybody calls i'll be in the basement beginning construction on a large timber horse shaped device with simple wooden wheels stocked with flaming arrows and a GPS set for nyc.

Try to avoid Union Square, ok?

Actually I've already cut Janice to twice a month and I feel bad about that.