Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[FONT=&quot]I come from a religious family and have always been stricken with some guilt and sin via masturbating or sex before marriage, and why I do it? I guess it’s because I have a lust and think I need to do it or others say I am weak willed.
I still call my self religious as I try to be the best I can most points of the day with the intensions of having a reference of God's will to guide me but everyone has their own perspective to what that is or they dissmiss it completely and allow their own conscience to do it for them and own rules.
[/FONT]

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't believe in sin and I further find guilt to be the most useless emotion that humans experience. I make decisions that I can live with and that serve me; therefore, there is no reason to feel bad for it after the fact.

Chalk another one up for religion shaming people into compliance and bad feelings.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I don't believe guilt and sin are the same thing, and that those who would have us believe that they are are lying to us with the cruelest of ulterior motives. Sin and guilt are both legitimate concepts, but when they become thus entangled they de-legitimize each other.

NotSoDumb_Blonde

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Wow. This is deep. So, sin. Mmmmmm, well. I suppose I believe there are still sins...I'm just not so certain anymore who you are sinning against. Yourself? Another? God? Some other being? The universe?

I believe in a set of values, my own, some are shared with others, some are not. I believe that at the end of this life I will want to look at myself in a mirror and know I don't have too many regrets....And I think I believe in something a bit stronger than sin. Forgiveness. Compassion.

Mmmmm hard topic, but very interesting, Joca! :)

D

deleted3782

A family with the last name of Sin opened a coffee shop in nearby Winston-Salem a few years ago. Their coffee cups actually had "Sin" on them...so everyone was leaving their shop with a steaming cup of Sin every morning. I thought it was pretty cool marketing.

The concept of sin is so broad. If you mean "sin" as a term used in a religious context to describe an act that violates a moral standards or a code of conduct, then each religion would have its own sin specific to its belief system. In respect others belief system, if they want to call it sin, so be it. However, I don't have a religion-based concept of sin.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The concept of sin in religious terms means offending a deity when we broke that deity rules or commandments. I don't believe in deities so I don't believe in the concept of sin . However I think the we must avoid to hurt other living beings . We must avoid commiting actions that produce suffering to others .

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't believe guilt and sin are the same thing, and that those who would have us believe that they are are lying to us with the cruelest of ulterior motives. Sin and guilt are both legitimate concepts, but when they become thus entangled they de-legitimize each other.

Hickboy!!! Very profound. I agree with the need to separate sin and guilt. I define sin as those things that are done or left undone that contribute to the misery and suffering on the planet. Since we leave such things undone every moment of the day, we are never without sin.

As such, guilt is not a very practical response and neither is it a good motivator.