Single black women being urged to date outside race

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And I'll give you the number one reason that black women get passed down on their dating other races. THE MEDIA. Everytime you see a black woman on tv she's loud, obnoxious, and acts triflin. And no this is not the norm for all black women. But because of this portrayal it is seen as taboo to date a black women as this image of them makes them seem lesser than what they are. Fight black woman fight!

Ha ha! FIght? Isnt that what people are running from in the first place? As you well know there are black women who act like that. BUt the question is why is that the only image that is consistantly portrayed? Because it sells. It also buys into the notions that have been perpetuated over the years as black women being some frightening not quite female creature to be used, serve as beast of burden but not necessarily loved, cherished and protected. The funny thing is that this behavior is not racially driven. It has been nurtured and allowed to flower because that is what is expected.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Well Snowflake, you dont know what you might be missing.... On a serious
note, it has been drummed into many American black women that they have to be strong and bear under whatever life has to give them. I have
often heard the mantra of "I dont need a man" repeated by certain women of color. I think in many of these cases they have not had a good male role model who let them feel safe to know that there were men who would be there for them when the going got tough or to even help carry the load. Consequently , they buffer themselves against the almost inevitable disappointment.
Have you ever seen two dancers that have both been trained as the lead? Wel,l I think many black women have not had the opportunity to feel comfortable enough to take a less dominant role for fear that there will be no one who will step in to the gap and pick up the slack. Result? Often angry, often tired, sometimes defensive female who would love deep down for someone to prove her wrong. But most people are not going to take the time to peel back the layers to find the vulnerable core.

Also, if you are going to date white men, you need to learn how to fake orgasm. :eek:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Oh, really? How about the truth told nicely? Or commiting the sin of emission....?

Fixed that for you :biggrin1:.

Seriously, I think the generalisation is that white women pander to their man's ego more. My experience is that African women expect good sex. Interestingly so do Asian women IME, which belies the stereotype that they are these submissive little things.

A lot of men are scared of strong sexual stereotypes.

I don't think that you should pander to stereotypes or the male sexual ego BTW.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fixed that for you :biggrin1:.

Seriously, I think the generalisation is that white women pander to their man's ego more. My experience is that African women expect good sex. Interestingly so do Asian women IME, which belies the stereotype that they are these submissive little things.

A lot of men are scared of strong sexual stereotypes.

I don't think that you should pander to stereotypes or the male sexual ego BTW.

My thoughts exactly. I often have thought that faking it would be counter productive at best. I would think that a person would want to know what he or she was doing wrong in order to get it right. It would make all parties concerned happier...

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
My thoughts exactly. I often have thought that faking it would be counter productive at best. I would think that a person would want to know what he or she was doing wrong in order to get it right. It would make all parties concerned happier...

Well, I hope some white women respond to this.

Do you think that black women might also be worried that their race could be a reason for rejection?

danerain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Interesting that you would bring this up. We discussed this a few months ago and those of us who said that these statistics often rang true got shot down big time. I had a friend who tried Match.com a couple of years ago and said that she and some other black women she knew had had awful experiences on that site. Not only had they not gotten dates but they received unpleasant comments about their pictures. She said she had also had problems with E Harmony who at the time did not use pictures.
I had tried E harmony before as well and after filling out their 40 page screening test the most response I received were few and far between basically blind , albino and with a kickstand. Now mind this was Eharmony matching what they considered compatible individuals. At that time I said African American as my racial designation. I decided then to test the system. I merely changed my racial designation to "other" (without a picture) and gave it another try. BINGO! It was as if the heavens opened and it was raining men! Most of them were professional (doctors, lawyers, brokers,etc) mostly white but some African American included. Well before I finally met any of these individuals I let them know that part of my other ness was African American. You could have heard a cricket chirp. ALl communication stopped dead. I know most of them were afraid to reject me so I saved them the trouble of feeling guilty for being discriminatory.

WHen I finally started talking to one man (African American) who was a (PSychiatrist) we carried on all sorts of pleasantries and then the questions like "Do you celebrate Martin Luther KIng's Birthday?" began. I finally said is this your way of asking do I consider myself black? He started laughing. I then told him about my experiment and he felt very bad about it. That I had been rejected sight unseen by those two little words African American. We then exchanged photos and he said he could see why I said other and that he was pleasantly surprised. I didnt quite know how to respond to that one.... But that is my experience with the statistic. Now it could be for many reasons that the matches didnt come for one type of person and many for another but the only thing I changed in my profile was racial desgnation and it made a world of difference, unfortunately....

I've had interesting experiences from both sides of the issue. I am multiracial and multiethnic and I've had some black girls/young women that I was moving towards dating ask me why I "didn't consider myself to be black." And this would usually end in a "conversation" that amounted to them telling me that they didn't want to date a guy who wasn't black.

But then I get approached by people on the net that read the word "Mixed" on my profile and they hope that I look white. I had a black guy ask me if people thought I looked white. People seem to approach me when I have mixed or other on my profile because they are hoping to get someone who looks white, but is still "not that white"
:frown1:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've had interesting experiences from both sides of the issue. I am multiracial and multiethnic and I've had some black girls/young women that I was moving towards dating ask me why I "didn't consider myself to be black." And this would usually end in a "conversation" that amounted to them telling me that they didn't want to date a guy who wasn't black.

But then I get approached by people on the net that read the word "Mixed" on my profile and they hope that I look white. I had a black guy ask me if people thought I looked white. People seem to approach me when I have mixed or other on my profile because they are hoping to get someone who looks white, but is still "not that white"
:frown1:

Wow! You should talk to Dee Blackthorne about that. It is rather deep, isnt it? Actually, when I put "Other" it wasnt a lie since I am multi racial but I think you are quite right people have images in their mind of what "Bi Racial", "Mixed" "other" Vs "White" or "Black" mean. Often they think they are going to hit the exotic jackpot.

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media
Obviously you are kidding, correct?

no jokes. i guess it's my location, from ny down to dc(i travel through those states alot)
all the black women i meet along the way are in a relationship or married.
besides my ex-fiance(that fell apart two years ago)i haven't dated a single black woman in 11 years. the key word is single,because i've dated black women who were in relationships(i didn't know until they told me a few dates later,or i would usually be running for my life out of some place to my car with no pants on because the husband/baby daddy caught us)

B_bardox14

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Women of any race shouldn't be "urged" to date anyone. You shouldn't be holding out for that one good black man, she should be searching for that one good man. I know people are drawn to people who look and act like them naturally, but when it comes to deciding who your gonna spend your life with you gotta throw all bias aside and find someone who is right for you.

AMEN! Testify! lol