Single Dads

D_Al_K_Celtzah

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It was posted, not long ago, a thread about guys dating single moms. I lost track of it, so I'm not sure wether or not what I will ask now has been brought up in that thread.
What do you ladies think about going out/dating/getting together with a single dad? I know single dads are less common than single moms, but I'm sure there are quite a few out there. How would you girls feel about that?:smile:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to not want to date a single dad or anyone who ever wanted kids (since I have never wanted any). I would still prefer someone who does not have or want kids, but since there are so few people like that and I want to expand my dating possibilities, I am ok with someone who has kids as long as they are out of that "scream at the top of their lungs" phase. I can't deal with that. Also, I am not a motherly type, so if I was expected to be a "mom" figure to the kids, I would have absolutely no idea how to do that. I guess my not being motherly comes partly from being an only child and not being around other kids, plus I did not play with dolls and such as a kid - I played with toy cars and trucks, construction sets, etc. I never liked dolls, thought they were boring. But I think the not being around other (younger) kids growing up was a bigger factor.

Strangely enough, at age 44 I have never dated anyone who has kids. I find that very unusual. And it's not like I tell everyone I hate kids or anything - I don't hate kids, I just find the "scream at the top of their lungs" phase unbearable.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Thank you, the two of you ladies =)

I can tell from the amount of feedback that the rest of the ladies here aren't too keen on single dads =P

Not true, I just hadn't got to the thread yet! :smile: - in a hypothetical situation (IRL I'm fortunate enough to be happily married) I would be happy to date a single dad, whether the hypothetical situation included me having my own kids or not.

There's a certain change that comes (to both sexes) with parenthood that I like, especially in men. I know there are extra challenges involved in dating people who have kids but I would never let that put me off.

hockeycock

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was raised by my dad after my mom left the picture when I was 5. He remarriaed when I was 17, but dated over the years. He and all the other single dads I've met are amazing guys. They can do anything! (Much like single, and many married, moms).

RnR

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I married one! I had never been married and he was the first single Dad I ever went out with. His wife had left him some 14 years prior, and he was very particular about not making a mistake again. I was reluctant at first to date a man with a 14 year old daughter, but it has worked out for us.

It all comes down to this.....with or without a child/children would you get together with this guy? For me, I would and the other stuff just wasn't that important.

Hope that helps.

Renee

It was posted, not long ago, a thread about guys dating single moms. I lost track of it, so I'm not sure wether or not what I will ask now has been brought up in that thread.
What do you ladies think about going out/dating/getting together with a single dad? I know single dads are less common than single moms, but I'm sure there are quite a few out there. How would you girls feel about that?:smile:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know how accurate it was but I read a survey that said after a year over 50% of fathers who'd split up with the mother of their child were no longer in touch with their children, I quite like it when a guy takes on the responsibility for his children, to me it shows, among other things, that he's a good guy who's not scared of commitment. I haven't personally dated a guy who's a single dad but from what I've heard from friends I noticed one problem that seems to be a little worse with them, often if a parent starts dating the kids don't like it, and single fathers seem to cave in to the pressure from kids more than single mothers do. Kids should have some input into their parents life but they shouldn't rule them and I have known of a couple of cases where single fathers have stopped seeing women because their kids decided they didn't like that woman for no other reason than that she was dad's gf.

D_Al_K_Celtzah

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, SPoiledPrincess, I guess what you say about the pressure kids put on their dad can be true. I also think, though, that a lot of it is probably related to the way the separation between their mom and dad occured. If mom was a bitch, I don't think kids will mind dad finding someone new. On the other hand, if dad is an unfortunate widower, I belive it is a lot harder for kids to accept a new woman in his life.

Just a guess =/

amiegrrl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
"Single Dads" just seem more scarce because fewer men take full or majority responsibility for their offspring than mothers.

When I was looking for a mate, I frequently told friends I would love to date a single father. While there are those men that just have frightfully poor taste in women (baby-mama drama .. yikes), there are those that are genuinely good guys that love their children. Having a young child myself, that is very high on my priority list in favorable man-qualities. It's pretty much icing on the cake - a great guy that I would date, father or not, who loves his child(ren) enough to take full responsibility for them. ;) Very hot.

Act2_Begins_Now

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wouldn't mind dating a single dad.

Here is where I am coming from, I have three children two are adults and one is a teenager. I am still young at 43 and really enjoying the freedom from the constraints that younger children bring. So to date a single dad with multiple kids full time, frankly I don't see it happening. For one, how would we meet? He is apt to be doing things and traveling in circles different from me. Dating a man that has children in the same age range would probably be ideal, because I think a man without children might not understand that the kids come first.