Single Testicles

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Monorchidism is different for all who deal with it. Most function normally and go on to lead normal lives. Prosthetic appliances vary in quality and mis-sizing is common. If there is no cause for problems after an orchectomy and the surgical patient has no problem with the cosmetic appearance, then leaving well enough "alone" is appropriate.

Adenocarcinoma is actually a type of cancer that is specific. Cancers of the testicles, prostate, and male breast cancer are most often this type of cancer, but, are not limited to this. People diagnosed with adenocarcinoma often have a genetic chain of this kind of cancer. The kinds in the male have been discussed. In the female this cancer is breast, ovarian, uterine and cervical most often.

All adenocarcinomas are what are referred to as "hormone dependent" tumors and as a result are sensitive to the sex hormones in both men and women.

The dangers for cancer in cases of an undescended testicle are very real and not related to adenocarcinoma even though it can be one of the variety known to appear in this situation. If the testicle cannot be encouraged to descend through surgical or other means then an orchectomy should be performed to eliminate the cancer threat. Other means should be tried in childhood however to get the testicle to descend before the scalpel enters the picture it is not the first line of defense or the only line, but is an option if other avenues fail.

Testicular self examination should take place in every male on a regular basis. It should be done at least monthly during bathing and only takes a few minutes. Unexplained changes should be taken to the MD immediately and I would suggest a Urologist and NOT a standard GP. The younger the patient the greater the rate of metastases or spread.

Take your balls damn seriously because they are one of your greatest assets for many reasons and need to be protected.

aaad

1st Like
Media
I have a Testicular implant. Lost my left one to torsion when I was 11. Never got treatment soon enough, had gangrene and nearly died. But that's a long story. I had to have surgery to remove the epidydimus when I was 25 due to epidydimitus ( hope spelling is right). I got a silicone prosthesis at 25. More complications I won't go into but, I am 58 now and happy I had it done. It like all the others here have stated rides high, but I had a lot of scarring. My current urologist said that it looks great. He made the statement "beautiful scarring". I think that was a compliment. I have started a new Yahoo group I am trying to get going and you guys would be really welcome. (Not trying to detract from this group in any way.) But, I would love the comments from you guys who have gone through the shock with this. Orchiotomy : Orchiotomy

On another note I have had severe problems with no testosterone since my early thirties. Endocrinologist said that it happens from overwork of the remaining testicle. My TSH and LH were extremely high and my Testosterone was less than 100 indicating that it was from testicular failure. My remaining ball is pretty large ( hen egg size) so the urologist said he was amazed it had failed. but facts are facts. I think it would be a good idea for guys who have one to get it checked.

Swiss Stallion I have seen worse English from Americans so doing great there. Only problem I see is verb noun agreement (Number). Good though.

Peasant,

Eleven years of age is very young to lose a testicle. I'm sorry you had to experience that. I lost one at fifteen and I thought I had it bad. In some respects, those with neonatal testicular torsion or those who have a testicle removed at birth owing to malformation have a better deal, because they never know what it's like to have two in the first place. Those of us who lose one later in life will always miss it. In my opinion, the medical profession is way too cavalier in performing this operation.

Last edited:

technopeasant

Experimental Member
Media
Peasant,

Eleven years of age is very young to lose a testicle. I'm sorry you had to experience that. I lost one at fifteen and I thought I had it bad. In some respects, those with neonatal testicular torsion or those who have a testicle removed at birth owing to malformation have a better deal, because they never know what it's like to have two in the first place. Those of us who lose one later in life will always miss it. In my opinion, the medical profession is way too cavalier in performing this operation.
Correction here I never had the testicle removed at 11. It should have been. The doctors involved were to concerned about my mental reaction and not concerned enough about my life. I would have happily had the testicle removed the first day it was shown to the doctor rather than letting it rot out in the hospital for three months with my parents not knowing if I was going to live or not. Those close moments with death did more damage than removing the testicle ever could.

The university doctor who removed it later told me it was the worst malpractice he had ever heard of to allow me to have gangrene rather than remove the testicle. Yes i think a gradual period of adjustment would be easier than the sudden loss of one but loss is relative. I am just thankful I am alive.

technopeasant

Experimental Member
Media
By the way I should have said that that doctor who nearly let me died knew that the testicle would not survive in a useful condition from the moment he saw it. I later learned that a testicle that has swelled or has been cut much at all rarely survives in a functional form. Even mumps rarely leaves a functional testicle.

D_Woody_Bush

Account Disabled
Media
Apologies for the absence - has been a busy time.

Well, at the time I was told I would get to see someone at the hospital to talk about implants but that never happened (before they took my ball out). Had chats with consultants afterwards, though.

I know I was lucky: had noticed just a heavyness but no other symptoms. If it hadn't been for one of the free gay mags here printing an article about testicular cancer at the time I might not have gone to see the doc until later.

Also, my GP did guess at an infection at first (after asking whether I could have hurt my balls playing footie or rugby - Me?Ha!) but referred me for an ultrasound straight away.

Turned out it was seminoma, which the doc said is a slow growing cancer and, if it spreads, it follows a certain path. This meant they could target the radiotherapy directly. All in all, if cancer this was one of the best ones to have.

Most guys play with themselves anyway, so just pay some attention whilst you're at it... and there really is no need to be shy to see your doc-they've seen worse things.
A few minutes embarrassment can save your life - there is no other way to look at it.

Reactions: headbang8

soloman_64

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was born with the right testicle undescended. It was surgically removed when I was about 6. It has been a big emotional issue until quite recently - being afraid of being seen as freak. But it is surprising how it goes unnoticed nowadays.

verticalstick

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Lost my left to a injury, twisted testicle..no blood flow, infection..etc. Right works like a champ, got a son to prove it. Had a implant put in for the left just to look normal and for my own satisfaction. Nobody even knows unless I tell them haha

Cutwelshboy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I lost my left testicle, due to a work-related assault, two years ago. I have been left in constant pain, ever since, due to a nerve being trapped (during the surgery) and have had three further day surgeries, to insert nerve blocks, since the original Inguinal Orchidectomy.

Due to this ongoing chronic pain problem, I have been told that it is unlikely that I will receive a prosthesis.

The whole experience has left me feeling emotionally, as well as physically scarred. I hate the appearance of my Orchidectomy scar and with it being so close to the base of my penis (which was circumcised when I was a child), this causes further pain, in the scar, due to the penile shaft skin "stretching" the scar.
I cannot, therefore, masturbate and due to the trapped nerve - am also unable to have sexual intercourse.

I just feel as though my whole groin region has been screwed up.

williamsw

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i had a sever hernia which constricted my testicle cords cutting off blood flow to my right testicle about 5 years ago , they repaired my hernia and also removed the damaged portion to my testicle , so after my surgery they did an ultra sound my left testicle produces enough sperm , i just have a baby girl last year , so technically i have one working testicle

onenuttertoo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was born with only one, have two kids, entered puberty at 10.5, enjoy a roaring sex life. NO fertility or libido issues from having only one..... heard a lot of bullshit about all that stuff growing up. Turned out to be all wrong. No implants for me. All that would do is make me look the way someone else thinks I should. Anybody want to chat w/ me about it, please do
great post...fellow uni