Singles Awareness Day

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
I've hated this day all my life and I'm not changing my views of it this year. My bf's coming to visit and just happens to be arriving that day, so, we'll be celebrating that and not the terrible holiday :wink:

Something funny I read on a sign outside an adult shop in the Church & Wellesley (Toronto) neighbourhood last year:

"Flowers will die and chocolate will make them FAT! Buy your sweetheart something meaningful this Valentine's Day"

Does anyone else remember giving out valentine's cards to everyone in their class on this day? And you would go through to see if anyone forgot about you :biggrin: and whoever attached a chocolate to each one was the most popular kid for a month.

Last edited:

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've hated this day all my life and I'm not changing my views of it this year. My bf's coming to visit and just happens to be arriving that day, so, we'll be celebrating that and not the terrible holiday :wink:

Something funny I read on a sign outside an adult shop in the Church & Wellesley (Toronto) neighbourhood last year:

"Flowers will die and chocolate will make them FAT! Buy your sweetheart something meaningful this Valentine's Day"

Does anyone else remember giving out valentine's cards to everyone in their class on this day? And you would go through to see if anyone forgot about you :biggring: and whoever attached a chocolate to each one was the most popular kid for a month.

In first grade, my teacher, Anna Rose Keegan, made me the postman, so I would not be left out.

Mandee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'll be staying home... maybe working on a crochet amigurumi bunny... if I don't get frustrated and give up first.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'll be staying home... maybe working on a crochet amigurumi bunny... if I don't get frustrated and give up first.

off topic a bit. i'm making a amirgurumi Invader Zim. GIR turned out adorkable and very cuddle friendly.

ml

geekery display ended.:redface:

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is a stupid holiday for stupid people who are slaves to Hallmark. I have no intention of doing much of anything out of the ordinary that Saturday. Most likely I'll sleep in, eat, meet up with friends, and rest. I've hated this holiday since I was a kid in school. When I've been in a relationship I've been with other men who think this holiday deserves no attention.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have no idea what I'll be doing on that day...
but I've never really gotten into it...
this year I'm single (again)...
and lately seeing couples together kinda turns my stomach...