Singlet at the gym

Golfbuddy

Expert Member
Media
I was asked to leave a wrestling match in HS because of something like that. Coach said I needed to "contain" myself...his wife and daughters couldn't be allowed to see me like that.

ripsrips

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Does somebody usually work out at the gym wearing a wrestling singlet?

Just be ready to be hit on by other guys! there a guy who wore one to the gym that I go to and he was hit in by every gay guy there!
And of course thats what you could be looking for?

muscleboy9

Experimental Member
Media
I was asked to leave a wrestling match in HS because of something like that. Coach said I needed to "contain" myself...his wife and daughters couldn't be allowed to see me like that.

What a prude! :mad:

Most wrestlers and coaches know that singlets occasionally show a bulge or more, and they don't worry about it.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmm, interesting. I would think that a singlet would be appropriate for a wrestling match, but not the gym. I guess I have it backward.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmm, interesting. I would think that a singlet would be appropriate for a wrestling match, but not the gym. I guess I have it backward.

Come on, DC! I've seen you roaming the streets in a similar outfit, only with a zucchini and two onions shoved strategically down the front.

Remind me to never attend a vegetable stir-fry at your place.

leenyc97

Sexy Member
Media
In twenty years, I have never seen anyone wearing only a singlet at my gyms in NYC or in West Hollywood. The one I did see also was wearing a tshirt over it.
I think that the cut of a singlet leaves too much exposed skin, thereby putting your sweaty body in direct contact with the benches and machines.

Ponyboy18

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've never seen anyone wearing a wrestling singlet at the gym, i would say that that is over the top, if you wanna show off just wear some spandex shorts, but more than that i think is just getting weird. I personally wouldn't mind one bit but i think that others could be creeped out.
MATT,

SpandexGear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wrestling singlet is standard gear for me these days at the gym. Use to wear regular spandex shorts -- but a wrestling singlet (with tank top) is way more comfortable during workouts. Mine are BRUTE and Cliff Kline (sp?) with jockstrap. At the gym to workout not make-out -- but doens't hurt to show some assests. :cool:

Attachments

Reactions: jockbros and CUBE

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'll do this from time to time. But I wear it as a jock and have shorts and shirt over it.

Works good on body core days.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Wrestling singlet is standard gear for me these days at the gym. Use to wear regular spandex shorts -- but a wrestling singlet (with tank top) is way more comfortable during workouts. Mine are BRUTE and Cliff Kline (sp?) with jockstrap. At the gym to workout not make-out -- but doens't hurt to show some assests. :cool:

Dude, if you can't spell Calvin Klein correctly, you're gonna have to turn in you "gay card"!
Good for you for wearing a jockstrap, tho!

mdshorts

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Reactions: SpandexGear

crusader123

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
At home, I do every workout in my singlet. A shirt always slip and has disturbing seams. I do not have these problems with the singlet. Also, I sweat less because it is directly on the skin.
I would love to make a workout in the singlet at the gym but I think other people would be confused.

Reactions: 1man

wrestlecoach

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Several area schools have weightlifting/ powerlifting teams. Several of those teams wear a singlet as their uniform. This is a coed sport so both the males and females wear them on those teams. Most wear shorts over them until they step up to lift.
Other teams sometimes have a few guys who choose to lift in a singlet. Those I have talked too say a singlet gives them better support than anything else---obviously they haven't worn a jockstrap!!

I realize this isn't a "gym" like many of you guys go to but I do know one team does lift a few times a week at the local Y and some do wear their singlet then.

Reactions: PZAHLER

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It would probably be seen as odd in most gyms with the exception of Olympic weightlifting or powerlifting gyms, where wearing a siglet is required during a competition.

Personally, if I saw a guy wearing that at a commercial gym I would probably say "wtf" to myself but it really wouldn't bother me a whole lot lol.

Reactions: PZAHLER

crusader123

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The only problem is the "unusual". But it is the best support for workouts. There are no irritating seams and it can not sliding around (for example, in some movements the shirt is moving up ...). And freedom of movement is incomparable, so one piece may be used in the high jump or race.