Sister Christian

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hadn't heard this one in a while...

this is one of those songs that is really good, but comes from a rather absurd band and a rather absurd era, with a rather absurd video.

It is a rather addictive tune as well

however, i never really understood what it was about...obviously, due to the nature of the video and the song title, i was under the impression it had religious connotations...when actually it does not.

i just found out it was written by the drummer, about his younger sister Christy...thusly it was "Sister Christy"...but the singer kept screwing it up and called it Sister Christian, so they changed it...

Anyway, the drummer was so shocked that his little sister christy, who was 16 when he wrote this, had gone "motoring" (which is apparently another word for "cruising" for someone to screw). So he had heard the story from her friends and family, about what Christy had done, so that is where the "motoring" part comes from, and he asked her about it, and she said she had, and he wrote it about not wanting his sister to grow up so fast etc...

the funny thing, apparently, was that Christy was so completely horrified by the song that she almost changd her name, LOL!

interesting...still a great tune, though.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
when you steal a car, you can change the radio station...I'd always steal a crotch rocket, turn it to the 80s channel, and go on a killing spree...good times