Sit ups and push ups.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Skull is right, sit-ups barely exercise the abs. I haven't done one since high school. Also you should balance abs exercises with back work or you may throw yourself out of whack.

Now that you are at 30 push-ups you should add more. But do a warm up of 5, then 10 or 15, rest, and go for your limit. Stretch between sets.

Thanks for starting this thread Oldham. About two weeks ago I decided to push myself harder and have gone from a plateau of 80-85 to 105. But I do them to exhaustion, ('til I can't push up all the way and collapse) then I rest 15 seconds and squeeze out about 10 more. The pump feels great.

D_Doewell Dadong

Experimental Member
Media
its a big number. the plan is to be able to do all of them straight. no sets. just straight. 100 push ups and sit ups straight. then i can do sets of 100. i might go swimming tonight. used to be quite good. 40x25m lengths is the plan if i go

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i can't they the video on my phone. but in the normal sit up there is a moment range where your abs are under strain. when in that range i hold it and twist my right shoulder towards my left knee and visa versa.

Pretty similar --

Mason twists are sitting halfway up, clasp your hands together, then twist to each side, touching your hands to the floor. Make them harder by keeping your feet off the floor, and even harder by holding a weight of some kind.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
its a big number. the plan is to be able to do all of them straight. no sets. just straight. 100 push ups and sit ups straight. then i can do sets of 100. i might go swimming tonight. used to be quite good. 40x25m lengths is the plan if i go

If you are trying to do 100 push ups straight, you should do as many push ups as you can. Rest. Do as many push ups as you can. Rest. Do as many push ups as you can until you reach 100 total. Each day you should be able to do a few more for your first set. You should only rest for a minute or two tops.

shurid_gh

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You should do it in the right way. If you do it in the right way you'll not face any problem.

Autofellatio

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I do my crunches and push ups in sets like shown below:

10 push ups
50 crunches
10 push ups
50 crunches
10 push ups

Once when I wake up and once before I turn in for the night. Might up the numbers soon, to a 20:100:20:100:20.

Usually takes just under thirty minutes to do a set... Great excuse to wake up early :D

Seems to be working... Can see the line forming and what looks like the first two packs.

I'm not really after the six-pack; I'm just doing it to avoid becoming a whale like my dad :biggrin1:

Bad enough I have his face, I'd not be eager to have his body as well :wink:

D_Doewell Dadong

Experimental Member
Media
well did bugger all on friday (fell asleep) saturday was no better to be honest (long story). but did a fair bit on sunday 35 and 37 sit ups did 35 press ups and started the 37 and something wasn't right with my elbow, so altered the movement of my elbow from sticking out for my body to them running down the side of my body. on the final set kept the press ups with my elbows tucked in. but stopped standards sits ups. i law on my back legs straight and raised my feet off the floor. then brought my knees to my chest raising my bum off the floor. making sure i was in control of the movement.

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
Skull is right, sit-ups barely exercise the abs. I haven't done one since high school. Also you should balance abs exercises with back work or you may throw yourself out of whack.

I second the notion that you should be doing back work too. If you need more motivation to work on your back, think about how big those muscles are back there and how many calories they can eat up in a day. Good luck with your goals! 100 is a big number for push ups but you've been doing really well!

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The occassional rest day is good, so don't beat yourself up about missing days now and again.

Muscle ache (or glow as I call it) is good, but joint or tendon pain means you must ease-up or alter your technique.

Noticing any results in your appearance yet?

D_Doewell Dadong

Experimental Member
Media
Thanks for the support folks its been a help.

i changed the push up technique because of the feeling in my elbow. i don't think it works my chest ar well but it certainly does my triceps the world of good.

i have noticed a change in my arms mainly leaner. love handles are smaller. i think there is more definition in my abs and chest. all very small changes but changes non the less

D_Doewell Dadong

Experimental Member
Media
I have put some progress pictures up in my gallery. all you thin toned people this is what you could look like if you gave into the temptation for your deep fried bacon wrapped mars bar (ar far ar i know they don't exist but if they do it will be in scotland).

37 of each last night

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi.

You might want to incorporate some squat thrusts? I've been doing 50 of each the past three nights and its really helping.

All in preparation for my wooing of the Polish beauty.

Press ups, squat thursts and some form of leg exercises should be all you need (eg cycling, walking, exercise biking).

Good luck!