Sit ups and push ups.

D_Mylor Mentallydaft

Account Disabled
Media
You should add ten every night.

drill sargent AXEL aside, 10+ a night is too much to go up for some one at his leve, your or me would have trouble with that, 3 a night would be more his speed, having said that.....

OLDHAM...... my sweety...... i went to the pound today..... CUTEST little goldy puppies you ever saw born just saturday...... floppy ears, pink noses and waggy little tails..... IF YOU DON'T KICK YOUR NANCY BOY FRILL CUFFS AND COLLARS WEARING ASS INTO TO OVERDRIVE, YOU WILL HAVE BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS!!!!!!! I WANNA HEAR YOU BEG GOD FOR MERCY AND SEE THE PANIC ON YOUR FACE WHEN YOU REALIZE HOW CLOSE TO A STROKE YOU ARE SHERLIY BELL!!!!! JESUS H. CHRIST, I'M GONNA SEE YOU MAN UP IF IT SHORT DICKS EVERY GARDENER AND GANGBANGER IN THE BARRIO!!!!!! DO I MAKE MY SELF CLEAR SOFTY?!!!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!

B_cosmognosis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Had a look at hindu squats too. they look very silly, especially the arm movements

ALL excercise can look 'silly', friend. Tell me this, do the results look silly?

I just transitioned from regular push ups to hindu push ups, and let me tell you, they may look a bit improper, but I feel the burn all over my body. I can do 100 regulars easy, but getting to only 50 hindu push ups is one of the hardest exercises I've ever done.

Hindu Push Up

It depends on what you're going for. My routine is based on Matt Furey's Combat Conditioning routine, which is designed to develop strength, but isn't necessarily tuned towards bodybuilding. Breathing, flexibility and total body fitness are more important than having a beach body in the long run.

But in the end, I wish you success in whatever routine works for you. Keep it up!

D_Doewell Dadong

Experimental Member
Media
I tried hindu push ups. it felt bizare and i wasn't sure if i was doing it right anyway. i got some road tyres for my bike at weekend. just need time to fit them. and time to ride.

i did find the matt fury site while looking for squat videos.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just transitioned from regular push ups to hindu push ups, and let me tell you, they may look a bit improper, but I feel the burn all over my body. I can do 100 regulars easy, but getting to only 50 hindu push ups is one of the hardest exercises I've ever done.

Hindu Push Up

Is there a preference between Hindu Pushups and Dive Bombers?

B_cosmognosis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is there a preference between Hindu Pushups and Dive Bombers?

The debate rages on, my friend. I think Hindu push ups have an edge because the second part of the exercise isn't just repeating the first in reverse, like the way you perform dive bombers.

What I do know for sure is that they do indeed give you a workout!

B_cosmognosis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I tried hindu push ups. it felt bizare and i wasn't sure if i was doing it right anyway. i got some road tyres for my bike at weekend. just need time to fit them. and time to ride.

I hear you about the form on the push ups. I actually recorded myself on video doing them to make sure I had proper form!

Enjoy the bike riding! It's a lot of fun...

D_Doewell Dadong

Experimental Member
Media
Well.............. managed the sit ups. but just didn't have strength to do the push ups. managed about 15 then coughed up some luminous phlem followed by more less luminous phlem so decied to call it a day

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The debate rages on, my friend. I think Hindu push ups have an edge because the second part of the exercise isn't just repeating the first in reverse, like the way you perform dive bombers.

What I do know for sure is that they do indeed give you a workout!

I'd try reverse-loop Hindus, just for the heck of it. ;) Flex arms and swoop down, then stop like a cobra, arms straight and rock back, just like a regular Hindu -- then reverse the motion like running the video backwards. Straight arms, rock forward, drop the hips into a cobra position, then flex the arms and swoop backwards to the original starting position.

D_Leotols Toy

Experimental Member
Media
Sit ups without variation are pointless, imo. Especially considering the majority don't have correct form and then complain about how their abs aren't showing. Top that off with them not compromising their diet and it's a good laugh :D

D_Mylor Mentallydaft

Account Disabled
Media
not the most efficient of exercise. but i wouldn't say useless

nor would I but what he means is, if you spend enough time in a gym you always see the 40 something year old man with the full on spare tire doing nothing but sit ups and ab machines

the flaw in this is, you can have the strongest abbs in the would, but unless you got the diet and cardio you have the flab..... which is made to look worse with posture cause if you don't work your back all that flab droops forward.

the other one that kills me is the old guy who dose bench presses every day and has a chest like his fat ass wife and swears by his routine..... sure he can punch like a mule kicks but he looks like a cow

D_Doewell Dadong

Experimental Member
Media
i'm not bothered by looks. i just want a body that can do what i ask of it. a bit of extra padding won't do me any harm.

if someone can give me some ab routines that can be done at home it'll be appreciated.

B_Dustydo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Pilates "bridge" hold ups do it for me.
Do a regular push up but resting on your fore arms and toe tips, lift off the ground and hold and clench the abbs and breathe slowly through the nose and out the mouth.
Don't drop your body to the floor until it really starts to burn.
To up the anti on this exercise lift opposite arm and leg off the floor and stretch them forward and out.
When the burn gets too much swap the sides that are lifted.

Also a good one for hitting those stubborn lower abbs is the incline leg raise.
Lay on the incline bench with your head at the highest point.
Grab the knee roll with your hands and lift your heels level with your belly button.
Hold it and clench those abbs and exhale as you lower your heels to 2 inches off the floor.
Lift again.
Repeat.
It will burn those pesky lower abbs like nothing else.

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
If you want an "ab routine" that works, listen to the people who have left lots of posts about working your back and combining cardio with your routine too! If you want a body that can "do what you ask of it", you'll need to do those things and work the rest of your body too. It's a great experiment to see how far you can go and how long it takes to do 100 push ups/sit ups but in the grand scheme of things, if you're going to work that hard, you may as well invest that work into doing what's best for you.