Site Moderation

I'm starting a thread for general discussion about the moderation of the site.
I don't know about everyone else but I don't often use my report button. (Rarely do I venture into the murkier areas of the site). When I do it's often pedo or incest related. Just reported a post a minute ago.

For a long time before the new management the moderation of this site skewed in the favour of assholes and dipshits. There appeared to be different standards of behavior for men and for women. Just as there are in wider society really. Women seem to get reported for rudeness - thank fuck no-one can see whether I'm smiling or not, because I'm not - and men get reported for other things.

If I report something that is actually illegal, I don't feel the need to be particularly grateful that is then removed. After all, I would be doing the site a favour, rather than the other way around.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
The vast majority of my reports are “just a heads up” sort of things. Wrong respondents in ask Someone, for example. Maybe a dick bomb in WI or AAW.
The occasional obvious TOU violation.

I’ve modded elsewhere and it’s a thankless, never ending thousand headed Hydra of a shitstorm job.

The vast majority of my reports are “just a heads up” sort of things. Wrong respondents in ask Someone, for example. Maybe a dick bomb in WI or AAW.
The occasional obvious TOU violation.

I’ve modded elsewhere and it’s a thankless, never ending thousand headed Hydra of a shitstorm job.
I appreciate that it's all very well criticizing when we don't really know what it looks like from the other side. There isn't the transparency to be able to that.

I stick to WI and AAW almost exclusively, so the vast majority of my reports are of men (not OP) responding in AAW. I have rarely reported other things because they weren't against the TOS, even though they were aggressive/hateful. I tend to use the ignore (whether it's clicking the button or just a mental dismissal) instead.

That said, it does seem like there are women being reported and given warnings for not being nice, but men can post vile things about getting off by hurting women, trolling, etc. If how it seems is accurate, that's not cool. Transparency and consistency would be helpful.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I report what I consider to be unquestionable violations of the ToS.

When I'm reported sometimes it's for things that are in fact crossing a line. I can own up to that. Big bubble BUT: a lot of reports against me are pretty much guaranteed to be from slighted sexist assholes who are spewing vitriol and hate. They don't like getting called out in front of everyone.

Right now, I give a "heads up" directly to the site owner or a moderator via PM. If it's something that is obviously and unquestionably a violation I report.

I'm not always trying to get someone "mod slapped" when I use that function, I'm just trying to be consistent and informative.

I'm much happier with the way things have been since Mr. LPSG took over, but we Definitely need many more mods and much more transparency in their actions in my personal opinion. Whatever that's worth.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
And for whatever it's worth: I know our mods are overworked and underthanked. They volunteer and I actually do appreciate what they do so that we can enjoy this place. If I wasn't so fucked up I'd actually volunteer to be part of the team, keep the place alive. This place matters to me.

I criticize for the same reasons I'd tell a friend if I thought they were doing something unhealthy and I was concerned. I just want things to improve and be better. Not just for members, I want things to be easier for the moderating team too.

If any of them are reading this: as much of a fucker as I am and as much time as you all have had to take dealing with me specifically, it's not unappreciated. You all have been ok with my venting over these past few months, as far as I'm concerned that's helping to support someone who needs it. Thank you.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I report people went I feel they have crossed the line into assinine childish behavior with personal attacks, which seems to happen on the regular ever since i posted about my split up with my husband. But i will admit i dont often even report those. I report incest and downright abusive posts about women.

I report rarely when it is a vial thing committed against myself....i report often to stop the abusive behavior being exhibited towards another member. But not before chiming in with my sharp wit to put a stick in the proverbial spoke.

Last edited:

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm going to stick my neck out here, but I don't think I'm divulging proprietary mod info.

Being a mod is getting more and more difficult. It's easy to remember all of the Terms and Rules. There really aren't that many. But there are so many different interpretations, and that's where we can sometimes have a disconnect.

Minors, incest, stealing photos, that kind of stuff is easy. Trolling, being abusive, petty insults, those are subjective and most of the time I'm going to ask for a third and fourth opinion before moderating a post.

But there are so many reports we get where someone says "he/she insulted me," and I want to say "other than that how was your first day on the Internet?"

I also want to tell people grow some thicker skin.

But I really do try to get things right when there's flagrant abuse.

We'll get it right eventually.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don’t bother reporting when someone insults me. However, when a thread starts turning into a real shit show, I’ll report the entire thing for trolling. I don’t generally engage trolls myself. Kind of pointless. Some guys just lay the bait and keep upping the ante hoping to start a war. They want the women to get warnings and bans for fighting back. Trolls have very thin skin themselves.

I think modding has got to be hard. A lot of people in general are pretty thin skinned. Petty complaints, everybody wants their issue dealt with first - Celebs and Models vs Chat vs forums - it turns into a mod gridlock.

Other than thread wars, I try to restrict my reports to clear cut issues. Men posting in AAW, underage mentions (if I bump into them) and things like that. I sure the hell have better things with my time than cruise the forums looking for stuff to report.

I report underage, men posting in threads they didn't start in AaW, and hate speech. Anything else at this point, I either ignore (without using the ignore button) or pass along to Mr. LPSG as something he might want to take a look at. For oh so many reasons, I don't make much use of the report button since March. I did report someone who threatened me and I got told by an anonymous system message to just put them on ignore. :mad:: unamused: Thankfully, Mr. LPSG handled it much more appropriately.

Some threads (if I encounter them while browsing, I do not seek them out) I post a link that might be helpful.

I'm going to stick my neck out here, but I don't think I'm divulging proprietary mod info.

Being a mod is getting more and more difficult. It's easy to remember all of the Terms and Rules. There really aren't that many. But there are so many different interpretations, and that's where we can sometimes have a disconnect.

Minors, incest, stealing photos, that kind of stuff is easy. Trolling, being abusive, petty insults, those are subjective and most of the time I'm going to ask for a third and fourth opinion before moderating a post.

But there are so many reports we get where someone says "he/she insulted me," and I want to say "other than that how was your first day on the Internet?"

I also want to tell people grow some thicker skin.

But I really do try to get things right when there's flagrant abuse.

We'll get it right eventually.
I think that the definition of 'hate speech' in the terms and rules is not specific enough. It is defined as inciting or promoting hatred against an identifiable group, and a link to wiki hate speech is provided, which is a list of how various countries define hate speech, and their laws. This is an international site! Do you apply the rules depending on which country the individual resides in? Also, most countries ignore that misogynist hate speech is even a thing. Women are being murdered in all countries. To deny that domestic violence is a gender-based issue is tantamount to holocaust denial.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don’t bother reporting when someone insults me. However, when a thread starts turning into a real shit show, I’ll report the entire thing for trolling. I don’t generally engage trolls myself. Kind of pointless. Some guys just lay the bait and keep upping the ante hoping to start a war. They want the women to get warnings and bans for fighting back. Trolls have very thin skin themselves.

I think modding has got to be hard. A lot of people in general are pretty thin skinned. Petty complaints, everybody wants their issue dealt with first - Celebs and Models vs Chat vs forums - it turns into a mod gridlock.

Other than thread wars, I try to restrict my reports to clear cut issues. Men posting in AAW, underage mentions (if I bump into them) and things like that. I sure the hell have better things with my time than cruise the forums looking for stuff to report.

Roughly 80% of reports come from Models and Celebrities, and quite honestly I cannot even handle them. There are so many copyright violations, do not posts, and "this is not a celebrity" that my head spins.

You have no idea how many times I just want to post "Do not feed the trolls," but they continue to do so. It's almost a buffet. I don't like getting sucked into an online battle of words. I say my peace and get out. Some people get off on the reaction. That's not why I'm here.

And always remember this: you have as much chance of changing someone's mind with a post as you do converting them to your religion with a book.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I think that the definition of 'hate speech' in the terms and rules is not specific enough. It is defined as inciting or promoting hatred against an identifiable group, and a link to wiki hate speech is provided, which is a list of how various countries define hate speech, and their laws. This is an international site! Do you apply the rules depending on which country the individual resides in? Also, most countries ignore that misogynist hate speech is even a thing. Women are being murdered in all countries. To deny that domestic violence is a gender-based issue is tantamount to holocaust denial.

Exactly... Most of the time when I report someone for hate speech against women I don't see anything happen, and in some cases I just get told to put that member on ignore.

That's not something I'm OK with at all. I don't ignore hate, I fight back against it.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
This thread got moved out of women's issues to et cetera.
Military Issues Warning About Incel Terrorism

Out of all the non- women's issues that could do with being moved elsewhere. : unamused:

I'm starting to wonder why a small and pitiful group of dipshits, who are banding together to use their report buttons in unison are not being seen as the problem here.

The thing about it that irks me: I go out of my way to make sure I'm posting things that are in fact issues relating directly to women.

The reason Incel ideology is relevant to women's issues is the fact that the actual terrorist acts committed by self admitted "incels" are directed at women specifically.

We are the target, we are the intended victims.

The thing about it that irks me: I go out of my way to make sure I'm posting things that are in fact issues relating directly to women.

The reason Incel ideology is relevant to women's issues is the fact that the actual terrorist acts committed by self admitted "incels" are directed at women specifically.

We are the target, we are the intended victims.
Not every sad, mentally ill, person with a bizarre world view is a terrorist, even if they would like to think they are. Islamic terrorism has had some of the most sad and ridiculous hangers-on and converts in the UK. It's just made them look inept and laughable.

Reactions: g0nz0

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Not every sad, mentally ill, person with a bizarre world view is a terrorist, even if they would like to think they are. Islamic terrorism has had some of the most sad and ridiculous hangers-on and converts in the UK. It's just made them look inept and laughable.

The majority of them aren't mentally ill.

Reactions: MickeyLee

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
The majority of them aren't mentally ill.

And by "them" I do mean the ones who commit these violent crimes. It's a talking point made by people who don't want to acknowledge that our gun laws in this country are a joke... "Guns aren't the problem, it's mental illness". Then we sit back and do absolutely nothing about EITHER issue.

Anyway, back into the thread topic: it really would be nice if the threads the women who regularly post here weren't moved at lightning speed while the other shit threads that aren't women's issues keep getting revived by men who have no intention of discussing anything that IS an actual Women's Issue.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Why didn't mentally ill people get the protection of that nifty Deviancy Amplification Cycle info graphic?

Is it cuz mentally ill people are actually marginalized by society and are lacking much needed resources and protections? Often PoC LGBTQ+, living below the poverty line, and are disproportionately victims of crime rather than the perpetrators?

Ya know, instead of sad widdle white boys who violently lash out cuz they are lacking privileges associated with their social class?

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
On the site moderation tip. I joined in the good old days of self policing.

If some rando put his dick in the potato salad he was quickly picked apart by "not putting up with this shit" regs.

Oh, the days of "YSSCKYS" *sepia tones montage of various written word take downs"

I liked those days. I miss those days.