Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
On the site moderation tip. I joined in the good old days of self policing.

If some rando put his dick in the potato salad he was quickly picked apart by "not putting up with this shit" regs.

Oh, the days of "YSSCKYS" *sepia tones montage of various written word take downs"

I liked those days. I miss those days.

I joined after those days were gone and passed.

Sucks for me. I could have shined so bright...

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
This idea is WI specific.

The first post in AAW was made Aug. 1, 2012.
How do you define "sexism"?

This is a point at which the fap fodder-esque questions could truly be moved to an Ask A zone.

I suggest closing all WI threads prior to that, and staying on top of moving AAW type things from WI to AAW.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I'm going to stick my neck out here, but I don't think I'm divulging proprietary mod info.

Being a mod is getting more and more difficult. It's easy to remember all of the Terms and Rules. There really aren't that many. But there are so many different interpretations, and that's where we can sometimes have a disconnect.

Minors, incest, stealing photos, that kind of stuff is easy. Trolling, being abusive, petty insults, those are subjective and most of the time I'm going to ask for a third and fourth opinion before moderating a post.

But there are so many reports we get where someone says "he/she insulted me," and I want to say "other than that how was your first day on the Internet?"

I also want to tell people grow some thicker skin.

But I really do try to get things right when there's flagrant abuse.

We'll get it right eventually.

I’m assuming there’s a mods only board for discussion?
I often used such when something was under my skin, but maybe dancing the line.
And I’d ask another mod to make a call, from time to time.

Also, I’m under the vague impression that personal attacks are not allowed. Very vague.

It seems the site needs more mods. Maybe ones assigned to certain boards, and some that are site wide.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
This thread got moved out of women's issues to et cetera.
Military Issues Warning About Incel Terrorism

Out of all the non- women's issues that could do with being moved elsewhere. : unamused:

I'm starting to wonder why a small and pitiful group of dipshits, who are banding together to use their report buttons in unison are not being seen as the problem here.
I’m sure there are days that we women all report something. Could look the same.
How does a mod make the call?

Reactions: 950483 and g0nz0

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I’m sure there are days that we women all report something. Could look the same.
How does a mod make the call?

I'd venture to guess that when we collectively report it's not out of sheer grudgery, and that there's an actual offense involved. Should be easy enough to tell.

Matt_x

Legendary Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I hardly use the report feature nowadays, unless there is a serious violation in the Terms of Service. Not enough moderators, to add to their tedious task of sorting through bigger issues.

I'm going to stick my neck out here, but I don't think I'm divulging proprietary mod info.

Being a mod is getting more and more difficult. It's easy to remember all of the Terms and Rules. There really aren't that many. But there are so many different interpretations, and that's where we can sometimes have a disconnect.

Minors, incest, stealing photos, that kind of stuff is easy. Trolling, being abusive, petty insults, those are subjective and most of the time I'm going to ask for a third and fourth opinion before moderating a post.

But there are so many reports we get where someone says "he/she insulted me," and I want to say "other than that how was your first day on the Internet?"

I also want to tell people grow some thicker skin.

But I really do try to get things right when there's flagrant abuse.

We'll get it right eventually.

I genuinely feel that if we applied the same concept we had, there would be less problems both on your end, and more clarity for members who are just starting off. After all the Admins knew all the run arounds that people tried to get away with, and if there was something that needed to be modified it was tweaked accordingly. Everything from Stickies being placed on every subforum, indicating what the general rules are, and how they are applied. To having a FAQ tab Forum, that consisted of all the common questions and rules.

I understand this wasn't you'll decision, and you all were only complying to what the owner requested. I just wish you guys would recover the stickies Pecker and nudeyorker worked so hard to instill. Kotch also had a few.. that further explained how the rules worked. There was always room for improvement.

I believe the disconnect derives from having changed all that.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I hardly use the report feature nowadays, unless there is a serious violation in the Terms of Service. Not enough moderators, to add to their tedious task of sorting through bigger issues.

I genuinely feel that if we applied the same concept we had, there would be less problems both on your end, and more clarity for members who are just starting off. After all the Admins knew all the run arounds that people tried to get away with, and if there was something that needed to be modified it was tweaked accordingly. Everything from Stickies being placed on every subforum, indicating what the general rules are, and how they are applied. To having a FAQ tab Forum, that consisted of all the common questions and rules.

I understand this wasn't you'll decision, and you all were only complying to what the owner requested. I just wish you guys would recover the stickies Pecker and nudeyorker worked so hard to instill. Kotch also had a few.. that further explained how the rules worked. There was always room for improvement.

I believe the disconnect derives from having changed all that.

A rules and FAQ for each area would be useful.
My experience says that too many stickies means none are read.
My experience in life says people won’t read the sign in front of them.
But, it’d be an easy reference, and would get us back to more self policing ways,

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ever change your avatar? In big red letters is says Avatars cannot contain nudity. Yet we get weenies and boobs all the time.

Fortunately, there are much more rule followers that rebels.

The moderator forum set up by Pecker and Co. was very informative. But the horsepower required to run that was tremendous. That was in place when I became a mod, and I have no idea when it died. As a mod I wasn't complaining, but I do feel it was a good connection with the members.

Matt_x

Legendary Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A rules and FAQ for each area would be useful.
My experience says that too many stickies means none are read.
My experience in life says people won’t read the sign in front of them.
But, it’d be an easy reference, and would get us back to more self policing ways,

Perhaps so, although FAQ should strategically be placed again as a tab to inform members of site rules. How to common questions like deactivating, multi quoting, ignore a member..etc. ALL would be included. Only in special forums with more specific rules should have those stickies posted on that sub forum.

Also adding in thread warnings such as, the reason for the sanction and the members who collected them. It would continue to serve and inform other poster(s) to mind that behavior.

The moderator forum set up by Pecker and Co. was very informative. But the horsepower required to run that was tremendous. That was in place when I became a mod, and I have no idea when it died. As a mod I wasn't complaining, but I do feel it was a good connection with the members.

They did work hard.. it wont be easy, I'm sure it will require an enormous commitment to run those trains again.

Reactions: g0nz0