Sitting down to pee?

Trax

Experimental Member
Media
Do any of you do it? I occasionally do. Is it true muslims have to sit to pee?

A religious issue? I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I only stand peeing when I'm in a public place. When at home and in privacy, I never stand.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Andrew Martin said:
A religious issue? I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I only stand peeing when I'm in a public place. When at home and in privacy, I never stand.

I sit when I get up in the morning... Toilets are low to the ground and I am concerned that my aim isn't as good as it should be at 7am.

I also sit if there is company nearby and if I am going to do more than number 1.:tongue:

hrconsulttex

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Never sit to just pee, except sometimes if I wake up in the middle of the night and am really groggy.

I did once have a boyfriend that always sat to pee, even in fairly dirty public restrooms. Never did find out why he did.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Trax said:
Is it true muslims have to sit to pee?
Taken from some website I found out of boredom:

According to the Shari'ah, urine is najis (unclean). If there is any drop of urine on the body or clothes, then it must be washed before wudu; otherwise the prayer will not be valid. Muslims should be very careful about this matter. Some people do not pay attention to small drops of urine on their body or clothes. This is not only unclean, but it is also a sin in Islam. Imam Bukhari has a chapter in his book of Hadith on this subject and he titled it as "One of the major sins is not to protect ones body and clothes from one's urine." When a person urinates in the standing position, it is very difficult to avoid drops of urine coming on the body or clothes. It is for this reason that many jurists forbid from urinating in the standing position. However, if a person is sick and cannot sit down or if the place of urination is dirty and it would make a person more dirty, then it is permissible to urinate in the standing position. It is reported in the Sahih of Bukhari that the Prophet -peace be upon him- went to the dumps of some people and passed urine while standing. (Al-Bukhari, Kitab al-Wudu', Hadith 224). The commentators of this Hadith have explained that this was because the place was dirty. Some other commentators say that the Prophet -peace be upon him- had some pain in his leg. This shows that this was an exceptional case while generally he did it the sitting position. It is reported that the Prophet wife 'Aisha -may Allah be pleased with her- used to say that do not believe any person who says that the Prophet urinated in the standing position.

Muslims should avoid the use of urinals, but it is not forbidden to use them in the case of necessity. In any case one should make sure to keep oneself clean from any drops of urine on one's body and clothes. If there are any drops of urine on one's body or clothes then they should be washed; there is no need to take a bath or shower (ghusl).

So in short, peepee is unclean and if the situation shows that peeing while standing is MORE clean than sitting, then it's alright.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Good question.

Many from my generation would argue about the "masculinity" of a guy sitting down to pee. --To HECK with that.

When at home or in total privacy...I sit. --It's quieter. It's much cleaner.
(Okay. I value clean bathroom floors too much, and I'm tired of wiping up drips)

In public places however, I take my place with other guys at the urinals for the most part...unless there's a private stall available.

tulla

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Never sit down to pee.. especially not in a public toilet.. grose!

kenshin_281

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
for the most part unless there is a urinal i sit to pee cause one i dont have to worry about missin since i am a fairly tall guy at 6'5 and therefore dont have to worry about clean up afterward even if i dont miss i have had it splatter everywhere and dont like to have to wipe up if i dont have to. so yeah i am ok with the peeing while sitting down thing.

smoothrnb

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The only time in my life that I sat to pee was after I got my PA and before I learned to hold my piercing, so pee did not spray my legs.

Andre4w

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I dont sit to pee and i also dont think of what kinda sprinkle might ensue if im groggy or wasted..but we do have a sign up saying...If u sprinkle when u tinkle..be a sweety and wipe the seaty..:tongue::tongue::tongue:

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Always sit at home, always stand in public turlets. I had a debate w/ my gf and her female freiend this weekend about this. My gf will pee, wipe w/ tp and then not flush. I always have to flush when I go to pee or my dangler hits the tp and/ or piss water. Her friend listened to us debating this for a while and then just said..."your dick hits the water when you sit"?? She seemed confused. Maybe I'll explain it to her someday!

cyrushkcurtis

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I'm with "benderten2001." Sitting is quieter and cleaner. I don't want anyone to hear me taking a piss. Strange, isn't it? Probably no one else gives it a thought. Apparently some women are bothered by this; I remember reading decades ago in either Dear Abby or Ann Landers that they should hum to themselves while urinating.

I often use urinals in public restrooms, but as I said on another thread, I've noticed that when I wear shorts, a fine spray hits my legs. That bothers me; I think, what if I were wearing dress clothing.

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I usually sit when possible, with the help of ass gaskets.. Farts echo louder that way.:biggrin1:

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, if want to sit just do it and enjoy...but if a man always sit to pee is very annoying and no fun thing to me bcause i enjoy to watch he do it while standing.

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gisella said:
Well, if want to sit just do it and enjoy...but if a man always sit to pee is very annoying and no fun thing to me bcause i enjoy to watch he do it while standing.

Well baby doll, if you were around, I'd stand there and let ya hold it for me!:cool: