Sitting in Sauna at Gym

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Boy, sounds like someone has an issue with "old" guys. Would've been ok if he were young and "hot" (?)

I used to go to gyms and sit in saunas. I sat nude on a towel. Lots of people looked. Once a guy sitting next to me even reached over and touched it. He was a young guy who apoligized when I reacted with surprise. I just wasn't expecting it. No big deal. I left.

Haven't met anyone who has gone offensively overboard. (Though I did HATE those holes in the wall of those "bookstores" because I didn't like the idea of anyone peeping at me. There wasn't a chance I'd ever use one of those things even if I was interested. But that was long ago. Nowdays, from what I now know, I wouldn't even touch the doorknob of one of those booths).

I my self am getting older(47)and their are guys in their 60's at the gym that I would do.My partner is 17 years older than me and we have been together for 27yrs. I have an issue with trolls!!!!!
I sit on a hand towel with the goods exposed.As far as young and hot well, It has happend but he was not offensive in his approach and I should mention because of this group(LPSG)he had a fucking HUGE cock. Spoke in a spanish accent and looked like a GQ model about 34 yrs old.My very first thought was what doe's he see in me.I really had to wonder because he was a fantasy man come true.

Remember, people (even "queens") do eventually grow old and one day the young among us will grow old too. (if they're lucky).

p.s. The word is spelled "naive"
:biggrin1:

punk09

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
If one does go to the gym to partake of the delights in the wet area AFTER A WORKOUT, then the last thing one would want to see is someone who has zero of good looks, gym bod or large penis.

There are old guys who take care of themselves and are hung who are fun to play with.

There are days that I think that my predominantly gay gym has merged with a geriatric Jenny Craig given the preponderance of trolls in the wet area.

And don't make the mistake of assuming that everyone who speaks to you in the wet area is in full control of their mental faculties, nor fall into the assumption that homely horny men are attuned to any sense of self consciousness with respect to the lack of interest in them on the part of others around them.

emu

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
where are you people working out that the sauna is male only and you must be naked....?

i've been to countless gyms over the past 10 years in many states and every single one that had a sauna was always co-ed and you were required to wear at least a bathing suit. if you were dressed in anything less than a swimsuit you would be banned from the gym...

so unless you are going to some wanna-be bathhouse, what is the problem if the expectation is the sauna is merely an extension of the lockerroom, you wouldn't shower in your gym clothes, so if the sauna is an extension of the lockerroom and it's male only with the expectation that you would be with at most just a towel, who the hell cares if a duds stairs. if he makes a comment, just be cool about it and just say you just don't want to lose your towel or have it stolen.

the dude was probably thinking it weird that you're sweating your ass off in a sauna and wearing a towel, making it even hotter.

kinda like somoene wearing shorts in the shower. peresonal choice, but at the same time it draws attention to that person because it's weird to wear short in the shower. the object of the shower is to get clean. you can't get clean if you're wering shorts. the object of a sauna is to sweat and not drench your towel, you can't sweat and keep a dry clean towel if you're wearing the damn thing in the sauna.

so unless the guy gives off a creep vibe and is looking at you all horny- like and saying hey wanna get a smoothie after this and hang at my place. who the fuck cares. quit being a damn prudish dumb ass and stop demonstrating how you apparently have issues with your sexuality.

if someone has an issue with nudity or someone admiring their nudity without immediately thinking of something sexual like they were hitting on them, i would say that person has some issues they need to deal with.

E

bareamigo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ummm. I didn't understand some of those posts. But I did understand the initial question. I don't know if I'd call it a 'come on', but the dude definitely wanted a better look at your piece. I assume the dude was nude. He was tryin to justify his nudity and at the same time get you more comfortable with droppin your towel. So, he's definitely no threat or anything. Just depends on whether you want to give him a picture to j/o to later. I always err on the side of exhibitionism myself. I take the towel into the sauna and sit on it. Let em look!

Gabe

rugbyscott

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
wow, this thread definitly took on a life of its own, and has come a long way from my original post...

First, I've no prob with nudity, and especially in a men's sauna. I usually just sit on my towel, and let it all hang out. I don't even mind others looking. we all check each other out. Men are \competitive, we compare everything, and im fine with that. I normally freely let my junk swing from my locker to the shower, from the shower to the sauna, and i usually just sit on my towel... I've nothing to hide, and don't normally even think/care about whose watching what. my gym is by far a very str8 gym from what i can tell.

This whole post was just about: what the fuck was with this guy, the one time i actually have the towel draped over my junk, and im picking the towel up occassionally and wiping the sweat off my face, this dude sitting across from me, INFORMS ME that i can lose the towel??? All the guys sit in there naked, and i wasn't being overly careful to hide anything, or attrack insecure attention to myself... i just got to thinking on the way home, was that guy coming on to me, an asshole, or just toying with my brain.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback guys. I'll be letting it all hang out, til i see this guy in the sauna again, and then i gotta cover up, just to see what happens. if he asks again, ill let him know im a member, come in here all the time, usually sit naked, and just ask if he wants to see something, or if he's offering this obvious information for some other reason.

For those of you who have pegged me a gay hater, i assure you, all i will do if he's a little too interest in my cock is let him know, im total str8 here, and very much not interested. If he turns out to be playin with my brain, i can play too. I'll be ok. If he's being an asshole, I can do that too! :smile:

THanks guys.

Reactions: Skinnyguy126127

MH07

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
let him know, im total str8 here, and very much not interested.

And that's really all that was ever required.

BTW, for you young ones: cruising in the sauna at the gym is only as old as, say, saunas and gyms. People have been doing it literally for centuries. If you're (not talking just to you, Scott) that paranoid about it, perhaps you should wear your bathing suit in the wet area.

saabman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You could be making a big deal out of nothing. The guy might just be paying you a complement. Guys have hang ups about complementing one another and I’m one of them. I would freak out when ever some one would complemented me at work and that’s with clothing on. Same at the gym but it’s awkward when you’re naked.
Last year while on a cruise ship I hit the sauna and whirlpool after a workout. I stuck up a conversation with a guy; talking about the trip. He was on the cruise with his wife and kids. He told me he was completely straight but couldn’t help but notice how well I kept in shape and I looked great. He assured me that what he was about to say was not sexual and I shouldn’t be offended. He told me he noticed my cock and couldn’t keep his eyes off it. He said it was huge and asked if I had a separate insurance policy on it. We both laughed.

Something similar has happened to me a few times. I don't read anything into it at all, especially if they are str8. This country is so screwed up that it is now at the point that guys can't even compliment eachother without being labeled.

blacklibran1

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
who gives two shits if someone is checking you out! i go to ballys all the time and get checked out in the showers. honestly its one of the reasons i work out.. and i have an 8 inch cock i really dont think its a big deal. you are blessed with something not very many me have. be a bit flattered and move on. all this homophobia makes you more gay than the actual offender..studs. jeez shut the hell up and just say hey im hung and hot and it comes with the territory.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Something similar has happened to me a few times. I don't read anything into it at all, especially if they are str8. This country is so screwed up that it is now at the point that guys can't even compliment eachother without being labeled.
If the guy in the whirlpool would have said to the STR8 guy "hey wanna touch it" what are the chances he would have jumped on it. You guys are SO naive! I might say to someone Wow incredible body but, only with his shorts on. BB's love body compliments. Not cock compliments-----come on.

bstexas

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"This whole post was just about: what the fuck was with this guy, the one time i actually have the towel draped over my junk, and im picking the towel up occassionally and wiping the sweat off my face, this dude sitting across from me, INFORMS ME that i can lose the towel??? All the guys sit in there naked, and i wasn't being overly careful to hide anything, or attrack insecure attention to myself... i just got to thinking on the way home, was that guy coming on to me, an asshole, or just toying with my brain."

rugbyscott: take it for what it was or wasn't. If he was checkin you out and was using that as a come on, then so be it. Just tell him "no thanks, I like staying covered". He'll get the picture that you're not interested in his conversation nor his ogling. However, he also could have just been letting you know that most guys don't cover themselves up and was letting you know that as well. If he looked at ur junk for a few, then feel flattered. As u said earlier, guys are competitive and they like to compare all kinds of ways. But if he made more ccomments or tried to touch you, a trip to the management was in order. I've been in the sauna before and have had comments made. Hey, I'm 47, but I get tired of the older trolls too. I go in to get some heat for a bit and that's it. I'm not in for picking up guys at the sauna/locker room/weight room or anywhere at the gym.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
If the guy in the whirlpool would have said to the STR8 guy "hey wanna touch it" what are the chances he would have jumped on it. You guys are SO naive! I might say to someone Wow incredible body but, only with his shorts on. BB's love body compliments. Not cock compliments-----come on.

gjorge, maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but it seems you are drawin aline in the sand. Are you saying there is a difference between body compliments and cock compliments? Because if we're a liberated society or want to be one, I don't see it. And for rugbyscott, I think this whole discussion has become an issue of intent. It seems to come down to the point of guilt, ie: when did this guy actually mean to come on to him. So if he didn't mean to say anything other than that he could just drop the towel it was ok but that if he was saying 'hello' it wasn't. In any event, all anyone has to do is just indicate non-interest, in this case to say 'I'm fine, thanks' and move on, so to speak. There's no need to react one way or the other emotionally or otherwise. It's no big deal. I don't get it. Where's the angst?

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well respect is respect and being a gay guy , I can say I have had unwanted advances in the steam room or sauna. Sometimes I know ahead of time I might have an issue, so what do I do? I am real nice, I start up a conversation that say's it will never move past anything than a nice conversation

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am saying that people don't know when they are being put on. Well came on to but a bad choce of words. Got to love this new world, str8 hot guy in tub gets come on to by a str8 troll and 1st guy thinks to himself "gee its so nice to get compliments from over the hill str8 grandpa's" I love buddies. What are you people on Thorazine?I have a problem with TROLLS lets not make this into more than it is.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am saying that people don't know when they are being put on. Well came on to but a bad choce of words. Got to love this new world, str8 hot guy in tub gets come on to by a str8 troll and 1st guy thinks to himself "gee its so nice to get compliments from over the hill str8 grandpa's" I love buddies. What are you people on Thorazine?I have a problem with TROLLS lets not make this into more than it is.

I get it. Trolls are gross. They were gross when I was 20 and they are gross now. But we'll all become trolls to someone someday, just by looking at someone younger. (yuk, ugly thought) No one likes unwanted advances and its the degree of the advance that becomes questionable, right? But one or two initial feints should be ok and easy to avoid without freaking out, and done with ease, I think.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I get it. Trolls are gross. They were gross when I was 20 and they are gross now. But we'll all become trolls to someone someday, just by looking at someone younger. (yuk, ugly thought) No one likes unwanted advances and its the degree of the advance that becomes questionable, right? But one or two initial feints should be ok and easy to avoid without freaking out, and done with ease, I think.
Nick i am getting to troll age soon that is why I go to the gym. Stroll back a few post and read one of my replies to someone. I have met 65 yr old hotties at the gym. I would never come on to someone but have accepted advances,but not to sound like a chick but NO MEANS NO. please go back to someother posts and you will get my idea

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Nick i am getting to troll age soon that is why I go to the gym. Stroll back a few post and read one of my replies to someone. I have met 65 yr old hotties at the gym. I would never come on to someone but have accepted advances,but not to sound like a chick but NO MEANS NO. please go back to someother posts and you will get my idea

Geez, all I mean is that an initial advance is just that. If its met with a no, then that should be accepted. If then its not, that's when offence shoud be taken, not before. Everyone has the right to make one advance, even if they're ugly ( and I'm not, I don't think, its not that I'm being self defensive I hope!) I just mean that people shouldn't jump too quickly. But as you say, once intent becomes clear and an answer is given, no means no. I think we're clear now?! Cheers. PS I like your posts.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Geez, all I mean is that an initial advance is just that. If its met with a no, then that should be accepted. If then its not, that's when offence shoud be taken, not before. Everyone has the right to make one advance, even if they're ugly ( and I'm not, I don't think, its not that I'm being self defensive I hope!) I just mean that people shouldn't jump too quickly. But as you say, once intent becomes clear and an answer is given, no means no. I think we're clear now?! Cheers. PS I like your posts.
Thanks , I was afraid you were getting annoyed with me.:smile:

ruggermike

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well... to stay on topic...

I think that he probably was coming onto you. And to be honest, I agree that the gym (unless it is a cruisy one) is really not the place for that sort of thing to be going on. Maybe he was being polite, but I doubt it. After all, it is not like you were sitting there fully clothed or anything.

And judging by your name, m8, you probably have no problem with nudity (few ruggers do).

Mike

stanley9

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I broadly agree with the last three posts, we are so fucking Puritanical in this country it is SICK!!! People are just fine with women shaking their asses and them wearing the tightest clothing possible with modern science. But if anyone sees a cock... LOOK THE FUCK OUT... CALL THE MORALITY POLICE!!!! What the hell is so wrong with the penis? Everyone is fine with the nuts, when John Ritter's balls fell out of his shorts on Three's Company, people LOVED it!!!! If his cock fell out, he would have been canned from the show! If a man shows a bulge he will get some SERIOUS dirty looks mixed in with the smiles and grins, this country is full of a bunch of wankers!!!!!

Exactly right. Ever notice how all these cable channels, whether they are food network, the real estate channels, design channels, whatever...all the women are in skin-tight, boob enhancing shirts or tank tops and the tightest pants they can get it. The camera seems to have a long take on these women. But if there's a hot guy - wham! Nano-second takes, if any at all. Or they manage to place a banner across his crotch, pecs or ass in order to block out any view whatsoever of maleness. There definitely is a strange psychology in this country. Women are to be proper and placed on pedestals. Yet, any retail circular that comes in the mail from Macy's, etc shows giant multiple ads for women in bras and panties. But for men, they relegate a small little thumbnail photo of just the package of underwear, no actual models. When I would travle for work and get the papers in other cities, like say NY, I would be amazed to see full page ads with agorgeous man in a pair of briefs. Here in Tampa, they'd probably string up the ad manager who let one of those slip out - so sloppy to take up valubale bra and panty ad space for a mere man's underwear ad.

Reactions: stpeteguy727

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Exactly right. Ever notice how all these cable channels, whether they are food network, the real estate channels, design channels, whatever...all the women are in skin-tight, boob enhancing shirts or tank tops and the tightest pants they can get it. The camera seems to have a long take on these women. But if there's a hot guy - wham! Nano-second takes, if any at all. Or they manage to place a banner across his crotch, pecs or ass in order to block out any view whatsoever of maleness. There definitely is a strange psychology in this country. Women are to be proper and placed on pedestals. Yet, any retail circular that comes in the mail from Macy's, etc shows giant multiple ads for women in bras and panties. But for men, they relegate a small little thumbnail photo of just the package of underwear, no actual models. When I would travle for work and get the papers in other cities, like say NY, I would be amazed to see full page ads with agorgeous man in a pair of briefs. Here in Tampa, they'd probably string up the ad manager who let one of those slip out - so sloppy to take up valubale bra and panty ad space for a mere man's underwear ad.
Watching Football games-----same shit----My partner always comments on their being no homo camera men! a perfect shot coming up and bam some shit on the bottom of the screen or a diff angle!