six italian soldiers....

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
no, not a racist WW2 joke, but six italian soldiers died while guarding the American embassy in afgahnistan. Maybe we should spend some time remembering the soldiers that have died there that we dont know or never hear of. at count 32 other nations other than the US and uk have troops in Afghanistan

B_Artful Dodger

Experimental Member
Media
They are there... but its all abit half hearted from what I can gather. They have to be there to honour their NATO agreements, but lots of them could apparently be doing alot more :rolleyes:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
no, not a racist WW2 joke, but six italian soldiers died while guarding the American embassy in afgahnistan. Maybe we should spend some time remembering the soldiers that have died there that we dont know or never hear of. at count 32 other nations other than the US and uk have troops in Afghanistan
Actually, according to BBC News they were killed by suicide car bomb, during a convoy. You make it sound as if they were the guards patrolling the perimeter of the Embassy. :irked: Not for nothing we didn't force them to be there. :mad::rolleyes:

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
i read it as breaking news. i knew it was a suicide bomb, i dont think thats any matter. i never claimed the US asked them to be there. as Artful said its NATO, so the british and french probably put them there. the point was they died protecting something that isnt theres to protect. then again where ever they die, they would die fighting for something that has nothing to do with them.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
pedants.
it seems more than a little petty in a thread about soldiers losing their lives. regardless of how many troops their nation supplies, regardless of their exact position, these men died.
i may not agree with the politics behind this but i'm sorry for thier loved ones.