Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Physical attributes can be over-valued.

I know what you mean, but what happens most of the time in the real world is that worthless people/attributes are overvalued and valuable people/attributes are undervalued. I call it the 2+2 = 5 mentality.

A girl will look at a good looking guy and right off the bat think that he has to be mean, arrogant, and stupid... simply because he's good looking.

Conversely, a girl will look at an ugly guy and think that he has to be nice, humble, and smart... simply because he's not good looking.

There's usually no middle ground for people that have that kind of mentality. They always have to make people out to be better or worse than others and categorize them.

This is what I see happening more times than not in society... although it could just be my personal observation.

I see the ugly, d bag, stupid guys getting all the girls... and all the nice, kind, good looking guys getting the short end of the stick before they even get the chance to have a conversation with someone.... but hey, call me crazy if you want! :tongue:

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know what you mean, but what happens most of the time in the real world is that worthless people/attributes are overvalued and valuable people/attributes are undervalued. I call it the 2+2 = 5 mentality.

A girl will look at a good looking guy and right off the bat think that he has to be mean, arrogant, and stupid... simply because he's good looking.

Conversely, a girl will look at an ugly guy and think that he has to be nice, humble, and smart... simply because he's not good looking.

There's usually no middle ground for people that have that kind of mentality. They always have to make people out to be better or worse than others and categorize them.

This is what I see happening more times than not in society... although it could just be my personal observation.

I see the ugly, d bag, stupid guys getting all the girls... and all the nice, kind, good looking guys getting the short end of the stick before they even get the chance to have a conversation with someone.... but hey, call me crazy if you want! :tongue:

Hmmm personally the least attractive guy I've ever dated was the one that hurt me the most and really impacted the way I look at every guy. Personally I just want good hygiene, someone that pays his bills and that maybe one day I felt I could trust enough to have babies with! And it wouldn't hurt if he didn't find my reading material absurdly amusing or my music choice to country. Wouldn't care if I wanted to stand outside in the rain or roll on the ground with my dog or if I just wanted to spend a day doing nothing but laying by his side. Sometimes finding someone simple is extremely hard. Money and clothes or penis size really don't matter when it comes down to who you are inside. You can be handsome or plain ... but it's amazing how attractive a good girl would find you because your you and not anything else. Just the little things that make you who you are, are what makes you special.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
This is a cross section of the male brain and the way it thinks. 6 pack versus cock? What did you think the answer was going to be on a big dick website? Go ask this same question on a hardcore body building website and see if they value the 6 pack over the cock. Then go to a board for lesbians and ask them. Then after all of that....you have the same answer you knew you were going to have when you asked the members of lPsg.

Indelicate

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Excellent observation.

One of the main reasons for failed relationships is neglecting the process of getting to know someone beyond a superficial level before making a commitment.

Another reason is believing that one person can "change" another person to suit their preferences, once a commitment has been made to give the relationship a go...

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Excellent observation.

One of the main reasons for failed relationships is neglecting the process of getting to know someone beyond a superficial level before making a commitment.

Another reason is believing that one person can "change" another person to suit their preferences, once a commitment has been made to give the relationship a go...

Unfortunately so many people pretend to be someone their not when you meet them. Then later the truth comes out and sometimes you have feelings for that person. At this point what's supposed to happen. I'm a firm believer that people don't change. Something life altering has to happen. So if you can't change them you just have to hurt them or hurt yourself by staying with them.

D

deleted557465

that's EXACTLY what I asked myself today! I voted for cock, though for me it's still controversial.

Rasputin13

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Glad to see this has provoked some conversation.

We are all aware that physical attributes are not at the top of most peoples lists whenit comes to choosing a partner, but I thought it would be interesting tot ask the question.

I know the result wil be skewed due to the nature of the site, but not as skewed as I thought it would be.

Thank you to those who contributed

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

Good points. People want to believe the world is fair that way.

I like both muscular bodies and big cocks so I couldn't choose. I also like razor sharp minds and good hearts. Physical/sexual attraction is just as important to me as mental attraction and a good personality fit.

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Considering that for most men a six pack doesn't happen without a combination of BOTH exercise and pretty stringent diet (the six pack is a result of toned muscle AND very low body fat percentage), there are men that take great care of themselves and are physically fit who do not have a super-defined six pack (like me, for example). I work out four or five times a week, eat pretty healthily (but I'm not a food nazi), and my doc tells me I'm in excellent shape. As you can see from my gallery, I have a flat and reasonably toned stomach, but not a six pack. I am honestly surprised by how important a six pack is in the physical preferences of women in this thread.

I would have thought that a guy in good shape, flat, non-six-packed stomach and well hung would be just fine.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK, I didn't vote because my choice is not up there. If we're talking sheer physicality, buns of steel do it for me!!! Cap's six pack has been recycled and his, well, he's over blessed, so that choice is made for me. But turn around, Darling, and let me drool. Sorry, I'm a butt girl and I'm not afraid to say it!