Size and Sexual Orientation

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by cgttown, Apr 8, 2006.

1. cgttown

cgttown Member

Albums:
    I recently read an article about penis size and the various correlations they have tried to make about it. There were some consistencies in gender, depending on who was measuring, but one thing remained consistent in all of the surveys--at least the ones where they asked about sexual orientation.

Statistically, in every survey on penis size, gay men have larger cocks than hetero men. Not every gay man, of course, but statistically, gays had bigger dicks. I find that interesting, but I don't know why.

To that point, it seems that the majority of the men on this forum with larger endowments tend toward the gay end of the spectrum, identifying themselves closer to gay than straight. What do you guys think?

Personally, though I'm not as large as some of the really big guys on here, I will say I'm bigger than all the exclusively hetero guys I went to college with. Of course, I didn't see them hard, so I can't compare that, but in the shower at college, I was bigger than them at least. And, at the gym, it's the bigger dicked guys that cruise the steam room (and it's a YMCA for goodness sake!).

Comments?

2. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

This is pure conjecture, but perhaps there is some exaggeration involved? Did the studies you refer to rely to self-measurement?

I think that the belief that that penis size is highly valued by one's sexual partner is more prevalent among gay men than among straight men... that may have something to do with it as well?

3. cgttown

cgttown Member

Albums:
    Actually, no, it was not in the studies where respondents self-reported. In the studies where a third party actually took the measurements and those measurements were recorded by officials, gay guys had bigger dicks in both the flaccid and erect state. Also, the variation was considered "statistically significant" enough for the studies to note it.

Hmmmm...

4. tallguypns

Gold Member

Albums:
    100% Correct. Gay guys have bigger penises. If your penis is bigger than average, that means you're gay, without a doubt. My penis just average or slightly below. That means I'm straight.

5. hottxboi16

hottxboi16 Member

Obviously statistics dont apply to everyone, no need to be cynical :p Its just a common observation

6. cgttown

cgttown Member

Albums:
    Well, no. The syllogism would read, if your statement were true, like this.

All big-dicked guys are gay.
    I have a big dick.
    I must be gay.

OR

All well-hung men are gay.
    I am not well-hung.
    I am not gay.

But that's not the syllogism. We all know there are gay guys with below average dicks and straight guys with whoppers. I just thought it an interesting statistic, and perhaps a telling one. Who knows?

It's like the recent findings that approximately 78% of respondents on a recent survey described themselves as having above average looks and being of above average intelligence. Ummm, outside of Lake Wobegone, I don't think that's possible. :wink:

7. tallguypns

Gold Member

Albums:
    OR it could read:
    All post by TallGuy are supposed to be funny.
    That last TallGuy post wasnt funny.
    That post wasnt by the real TallGuy.

All TallGuy's are supposed to be gay.
    Gay guys are supposed to be better hung.
    TallGuy was probably hanged.

Edited for humour.

8. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

Because of my background in Psychology, I'm skeptical of all studies until I find out their sample size, participants and other relevant factors. Studies can show whatever you want them to show. They are easy to skew.

9. cgttown

cgttown Member

Albums:
    So, what you're saying, is the fake tall guy was not so funny (and not so hung), so he was hanged.

I'm not so tall, and not so hung, though more hung, evidently, than the not so funny fake tall guy, who is not so hung and was hanged. Does my better hungness preclude and prevent me from being hanged, or can a shorter, more hung guy be hanged as well?

Oh, and if I am hanged as well, then am I well-hung?

These deep questions sometimes keep me up at night and my mind becomes so occupied I forget to play with my larger-than-average-but-shorter-than-many-on-lpsg-forum cock. So sad.

I hang my head in shame (quite well, I might add).:biggrin1:

10. cgttown

cgttown Member

Albums:
    Certainly understandable. Here is a link. Don't know if it meets your criteria for study size, but interesting nonetheless, I think.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...uids=10410197&query_hl=12&itool=pubmed_docsum

11. tallguypns

Gold Member

Albums:
    Indubitably. But one thing that must be clarified. The real TallGuy is riotously funny for anyone that has any sense of humour whatsoever. The real TallGuy is not so hung either. The real TallGuy hangs his head in shame that he's never been hung or hanged. Well maybe not so much shame at the latter.

12. chico8

chico8 New Member

There's some research out there that thinks the cause for homosexuality is an excess of testosterone during pregnancy. If this is true, then it's possibly a reason for the larger penises amongst gay men. Until they find the big dick gene, nobody will know.

So, if they found such a penis size gene, do you think it would lead to men clamoring for genetic therapy? Would it be ethical?

As a point of reference, Researchers have recently found a way to turn on and off the gene that regulates nerve growth in the cochlea. Cochlear nerve loss is the major cause of hearing loss so there's a lot of hope that at some point in the next decade, nerve loss will be treatable.

13. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

The only thing you need to hang your head in shame about is living in OK!
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

14. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

Re the "every survey" - not so. The only study professing to deal with that question which I happened to read found a slight negative correlation (slight means statistically significant, but of no interest to anyone but a math geek). Translation - the average gay crank in the study was slightly smaller than the average straight one. I didn't note any reason to consider the survey reliable.

Re the gay guys here, I suspect that what you're seeing is an artifact of so many of them being so talkative - as distinct from us grumpy, reclusive, and straight neanderthals. In fact they're so talkative that I've had to put many of the more garrulous ones on Ignore, just so that I'll live long enough to get to the ends of some of these threads.

15. ChuckRich

ChuckRich New Member

I stand by my theory that hung guys get so many offers of bjs and sex from gay guys that they eventually turn gay or bi if they weren't already. Although I must admit my hypothesis is based less on scientific study and more on the fact that it turns me on. So there's a large margin of error.

16. HangX

HangX Well-Known Member

Albums:
    That makes sense.

Here's another one.

Size seems to be more important to bi/gay guys, and they tend to be more likely to flaunt it. Accordingly, bi/gay guys who happen to be hung may be more likely to volunteer for a survey that includes clinical verification of measurements. I think this is known in stats as a selection bias.

J

17. Matthew

Gold Member

This thread is awesome.

And gay cocks are definitely bigger. PROVEN FACT.

18. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Are cocks gay, or is it the person attached to the cock? And isn't "proven fact" a redundancy?

This is probably something that the scientists planning the world's first cock transplant should consider.

In other news, I like the selection bias hypothesis. If I were small, I'd be (even) less likely to volunteer for one of these studies.

19. Matthew

Gold Member

The answers to your questions are:

1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) I'm not sure. I will refer this question to the Department of Redundancy Department.

20. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

Don't know; the lil' devils do act like they have minds of their own.

Most "proven facts" are neither. The statement is generally just a bit of braggadocio masquerading as veracity.

Draft saved Draft deleted