Size causing UTIs/yeast infections

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by Spork, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Spork

Spork New Member

I've just started a relationship with a wonderful new partner. The sex is great: she came four or five times the first time we fucked, and she takes absolutely all of me (and would probably take more if I had it).

However, she got a yeast infection after the first weekend, and a UTI after the second weekend. This continues a disturbing trend, which is that when I start a new sexual relationship, frequently the woman will get a UTI soon after. Fortunately, it rarely recurs after the first time, but I'd rather not cause that sort of problem!

-I've always used a condom, so it's probably not germs I'm giving her.
    -I use lots of lube, and we stop several times along the way to reapply. It's definitely not a dryness problem.
    -I'm big, but there are lots of bigger men here. (I'm 7-8" long, 6.5" around.)
    -I tend to last a long time...30-45 minutes is normal.

Is this a common problem here on the LPSG, or am I just having bad luck?

2. bigballal2003

bigballal2003 New Member

I have 2 very good female friends (fag hags, so to speak - not that I consider that a derogatory term) who both married "larger" men and both ended up with some pretty serious yeast issues. They both had their gynecologists tell them the same thing - it's related to girth and microscopic tears in the vaginal walls. These occor naturally and heal quickly, but due to the fact that they were having sex more often than usual due to their hot new men, they weren't giving themselves healing time, which allowed small infections to happen.

While I'm close enough to these women to have been told this much of the story, I have no idea about the treatments, but I'm sure this is what's happening with you. It's not the length, it's the thickness, and If you're really 6.5 inches around, that's pretty serious...

3. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    yeah, I'd say this happens something like 30% of the time with me (I'm 9" around) - although it's usually ME who gets the yeast infection first :( sure it's annoying, but it's nothing a few days' application of dilute vinegar won't fix. such is life. better a yeast infection than pox or the clap, thanks.

4. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

This sounds like a good opportunity for some guy to make a fortune with an anti-bacterial lube.

5. JoeWide2

Gold Member

Re: Yeast Infection / UTI -

Yes, this has happened to almost all the women I have been with for the first time. Some bleeding the next day is not uncommon.

I have found it is important to be reassuring when you call the next day (And Gentlemen, don't forget to call the next day) and tell the woman that if she still has some problems after the next day that she should go to her Doctor, and that she should go sooner if she is concerned, or if bleeding continues or is heavy.

BTW, I am 6.75" around - so is the consensus that this is a "girth" issue?

- Joe
    PS None of the women ever were angry at me for this, and all were happy to go again after a brief time of healing.

6. prepky

prepky New Member

Albums:
    I know that when my wife and I started to have sex this was an issue all the time, and still is, I have asked her many times if this was an issue in her past and she said no....so this makes me wonder if this isnt true...

prep

7. Knight

Knight New Member

Wow that's interesting (and unfortunate for a few people I guess). I don't think myself and my gf are having sex often enough for this to be a problem though lol...every two weeks or something *sigh* this Saturday its an all nighter though ;)

And I thought UTI's and Yeast Infections were caused by not washing :eek:

8. summertime01

summertime01 New Member

Albums:
    I had microscopic tearing problems w/ this partner, my 2nd partner ever & well-endowed. I tedn to get Bartholin gladn swelling as well for the large girth issue.
    UTIs i had w/ 1st partner for 2 weeks after wedding, as it is called 'bride's disease.'
    The physicina told us that this is common for folks who are ahing sex for the first time and/or new partners.

9. brainzz_n_dong

brainzz_n_dong New Member

I'm not offering up new info, just seconding what others have said. I'm 6.5"+ around and this has happened with me frequently. I know it's hard, but when with a new lover for the first few times, try to fight that instinct to do it like they do on the Discovery Channel ;) (old song ref there in case you're scratching your head).

I don't really know you Dr. Rock, but I gotta say 9" around deserves a round of applause and a salute (of the military kind..better clarify) and maybe an "I'm sorry"...just depending. Issues that guys have that are 6"-7" around don't begin to compare to the tales you can tell, I imagine.

Later all,

Steve

10. Dr Rock

Gold Member

not really a sustainable business plan, considering yeast is a fungus :p

11. hose 85

hose 85 Member

When I we first got married and sex was very often, the wife would some time have yeast infections, from microscopic tears is what her gyno told her. We have been married five years now and she gets one maybe twice a year.

Other girls I dated have had bladder infections, and they blamed it on my size, I have always heard it is more common if you are with a well endowed partner. Any thoughts on that matter?

Just my 2 cents, J.

12. Spork

Spork New Member

Thanks to all for the helpful replies.

As summertime has pointed out, sex with a new partner will sometimes cause a yeast infection or UTI -- you're introducing a new set of bacteria to the sytem. Based on this highly scientific survey B), it seems that large girth increases the probability that this will happen.

Meanwhile, if you haven't posted yet, please feel free to contribute - especially if you *don't* have this problem. I'm especially interested in the experiences of those who are longer but less girthy: you can help to confirm or disprove the theory.

13. Imported

Gold Member

LeahCat: One of my girlfriends gets thrush and UTI's on a pretty regular basis and she has only once been with a man who goes beyond average size -her current boyfriend is roughly 6inches long and average girth. The doctors just trot out the tired line about 'honeymooner's disease' or lack of lubrication etc, etc. However, women will know that is often not the case.

You can have relaxed, unrushed sex where you are very lubricated and the problem can occur. You can have frenzied, hard-core sex where you're horny but not properly lubricated and nothing happens. Its just not as simple as saying, lubrication plus lengthy sex plus big cock = UTI, thrush etc.

Doctors, unfortunately, and even gynos dont know the answers and seem to have little patience or imagination when confronted by the problem. Yes, it can be all of the things they list but it can also be a host of other reasons. Number one on my list would be 'choice of condoms'. Ive found that certain brands leave me quite sore after and sometimes during sex. Not sure why because there seems little difference between what causes pain and what doesnt BUT there is a definate reaction to them. A girlfriend was so sensitive that with the lights out she could tell within a minute if the guy was using a different brand to the one that worked for her. Also strange is that within the FourSeasons range it was only one type that worked for her.

Bad luck and bad timing are often overlooked. If a girl has just had her period there can be after effects (tampon insertion isnt always an exact science so there can be some irritation afterwards). Excess sugar levels aid the onset of thrush. Poor technique on the part of the guy doesnt help but, especially at the beginning of a sexual relationship it can be the guy and girl totally out of synch that causes problems.

The last one and the nastiest one is 'pre-existing injuries' or those caused by guys being a little too rough with stubble or fingers. If a girl does get a scratch inside her vagina it can take months to clear up. The environment being quite mucous doesnt really encourage cuts and scratches healing easily. So, if it doesnt heal up and you have sex then it hurts like hell. You dont have sex for a week or two weeks but thats still not enough time so you hurt it again and you're back to square one.

My girlfriends and I came up with a list of things that seemed to minimise the cause of thrush and UTI's.

1) cut your nails guys - all the way down (same applies to women as this does happen to gay girls as well you know)
    2) make sure you shave before you go down on her.
    3) The pill works better than condoms. (that is a tricky one but you know what sort of relationship that works best in)
    4) Start slow
    5) Pads, not tampons (sorry if that one grosses you out guys but you've got to know).

As to excessive girth causing tears inside the vagina well that sounds like the sort of thing that will happen if your partner is not fully excited. Girth causes some stretch but not tears. Cant believe a gyno said something like that.

14. bigsam

bigsam Member

A girl I was with for a while once had frequent UTI's after sex with me, more frequent than she had with other people. I"m 6.5" around for reference.

She also found out that women should always try to urinate after sex to flush out any new bacteria that aren't supposed to be there. A tip for you ladies!

And lots and lots of cranberry.

15. Imported

Gold Member

bzyrch:
    Dude, if you're really 9" around, you HAVE to give us a picture. Otherwise, I'll assume that was a typo.

16. Imported

Gold Member

Domina Mei Fati: I'm not sure if the same is true today, but a few years ago I was told that the girl should consider getting up to urinate right away after sex.

Another possibility is to shower afterwards. But both break that nice post-orgasm high so... Mixed bag there.

17. Imported

Gold Member

LeahCat: And Ive also been told that when a guy wakes up with an erection caused by a full bladder he shouldn't try to put it to good use but should, instead, urinate immediately. If he doesn't he's running the risk of bladder infection.

18. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Albums:
    My girl and I have been having sex for 6 months now, and we had a a half hour session of full on thrusting, and now she has a bad yeast infection. Im 7.2x6 and she says she never got it before. This been really informative, couldnt figure out why til now.

19. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

Eek! No, yeast is something that is naturally occuring in every woman. The infection just happens when the yeast goes out of whack - which can even happen if a woman is prone to eating too many sweets.

As far as UTI's:

20. Dr Rock

Gold Member

oh, yeast exists all over all of us, not just in women's "secret gardens." it only becomes noticeable when it gets out of control and starts fronting the body's immune system.

Draft saved Draft deleted