Size - Do You Even Notice?

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was referred to this site by someone who knew my preferences, I had hoped to find if not others who shared my fetish, at least some who would be somewhat understanding of it.

I don't think the term fetish applies to liking a large penis.
If so then merely liking large breasts is a fetish.
And perhaps only wanting chocolate ice cream would qualify too.

For what it is worth, I understand.
Your life. Live it.

In spite of the word support in the name of this website, there are many members that enjoy taking on the role of critical contrarian.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Most of the guys I've asked to measure have thought it was kinda fun and hot to let me get a ruler out, I don't think you'd find all that much objection from a guy if you just say "so let's find out how big you are" with a nice smile :)

The very idea makes me nervous! Although when I asked one of my FBs how big he was he seemed quite pleased that I asked (I ended up doing a hand measurement). And it gave him the opportunity to ask how big my boobs are (I think he'd wanted to ask that one for ages).

That "calculator" assumes statistical randomness with regard to a person's sexual partners in determining the frequency distribution of penis sizes. I would argue that a persons' sexual partners are not selected at random, thus negating the accuracy of the calculator/mathematical model in your link. However, becuase the model does incorporate average and standard deviation, it will be precise for some individuals.

I think this is a good point. Even if we aren't selecting for cock size, we're still selecting for SOMETHING, and if that something is more or less common in men with large penises, it will affect the results.

Thank you Spice.
I think maybe not enough of these guys are going down with their eyes open and really getting to know the pussy.

I think you could be right. In my experience, some guys just seem to be having sex for the sake of the orgasm at the end (ie. not really paying attention), whilst others pay attention to every single detail. Although I'd never really stopped to think that they might be paying such close attention to my pussy.

Great thread Subgirrl. I'm with the majority of the other female posters here. I've only noticed the extremes in size and most must have been average. I've never actually got a ruler out and measured! Levels of sweat induced, the sound of grunts, sighs, the taste of his skin, his cum......are all just as memorable.

Thanks! I agree that there are soooo many things that make up memorable sex.

D_Sir Winston Choadhill

Account Disabled
Media
I notice the girth (and length) - but looks is a major turn-on as well. The veins, the head, how massive it looks, is it hard and pointing upwards, is it straight etc.

Reading this actually made me think of a question I have had in my head.

This is mildly off topic in the sense it isn't talking directly about how much women really feel size, but I'm interesting in how much the aesthetic appeal of a penis matters?

Is there a variation in "beauty" - I'm guessing there is as it's pretty self apparent but it still interests me. I might actually post another thread on this or do a search as I'm sure one is already running...

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media
Are you serious? You take bigger risks with men's egos than I do! I've always suspected that this was a topic best handled with great delicacy, so that's what I've done.

that's not really taking a risk with a man's ego if yoiu think about it.
the average lenght and girth is supposed to be 5.5.-6 inches?
most men think they aren't normal or big enough any way(me included at one point in my young life..lol)
so being measured might be that thing that shows them they aren't so bad after all.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
most men think they aren't normal or big enough any way(me included at one point in my young life..lol)
so being measured might be that thing that shows them they aren't so bad after all.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe you. I've been here long enough that I believe I've read several thousand posts by men who are average or larger expressing insecurities and dissatisfaction that confirm my belief about men and how sensitive they are about that subject. A man may act like he's okay with it, but I bet that most of the guys who come here and make a thread asking for validation about their penis size also acted like it wasn't a big deal in front of their girlfriends.

Measuring doesn't seem to remove any insecurities at all, if you take the men on LPSG as an example, and behaving like I care about those numbers by pulling out a tape measure would probably confirm a man's belief that it matters more than it actually does to me. I think I've always been on the right track by being very careful about that subject when it comes to men and their egos about their penile dimensions.

Besides, how would you pull out the tape measure and measure without the conversation naturally turning to, "So, do you measure everyone?" and "How do I compare then? Since it seems to matter to you..." It just seems like it would open up a whole Pandora's Box full of issues and future problems, if not in our relationship, than for him somewhere down the road. As far as I'm concerned, that would be making myself unhappy. I like a confident man, and part of that means that I shouldn't do things that would eventually undermine his confidence, or give him insecurities that he didn't already have. We're supposed to make each other happier, not more neurotic. I want him to do the same thing for me!

Here are just some of the links that lead me to believe that I'm right:

http://www.lpsg.org/penis-enlargement/

http://www.lpsg.org/175723-if-you-you-change-one.html

http://www.lpsg.org/208877-size.html

I bet a lot of the men who "Show Off" in that forum are also seeking reassurance that it's big enough.

Last edited:

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media
I'm sorry, but I don't believe you. I've been here long enough that I believe I've read several thousand posts by men who are average or larger expressing insecurities and dissatisfaction that confirm my belief about men and how sensitive they are about that subject. A man may act like he's okay with it, but I bet that most of the guys who come here and make a thread asking for validation about their penis size also acted like it wasn't a big deal in front of their girlfriends.

Measuring doesn't seem to remove any insecurities at all, if you take the men on LPSG as an example, and behaving like I care about those numbers by pulling out a tape measure would probably confirm a man's belief that it matters more than it actually does to me. I think I've always been on the right track by being very careful about that subject when it comes to men and their egos about their penile dimensions.

Besides, how would you pull out the tape measure and measure without the conversation naturally turning to, "So, do you measure everyone?" and "How do I compare then? Since it seems to matter to you..." It just seems like it would open up a whole Pandora's Box full of issues and future problems, if not in our relationship, than for him somewhere down the road. As far as I'm concerned, that would be making myself unhappy. I like a confident man, and part of that means that I shouldn't do things that would eventually undermine his confidence, or give him insecurities that he didn't already have. We're supposed to make each other happier, not more neurotic. I want him to do the same thing for me!

Here are just some of the links that lead me to believe that I'm right:

http://www.lpsg.org/penis-enlargement/

http://www.lpsg.org/175723-if-you-you-change-one.html

http://www.lpsg.org/208877-size.html

I bet a lot of the men who "Show Off" in that forum are also seeking reassurance that it's big enough.

i understand where you're comming from,but as a man like myself, who thought he never measured up(i didn't think i was small, i just thought i wasn't big enough for 3 past girlfriends i was in commited relationships with)
it's not really the penis size where the insecurity lies,it's the man himself.i had to learn the hard way(losing 3 GREAT women)that a man's worth is not in his penis.it's sort of the same thing as a man's height.or a woman's weight. both touchy subjects but in the long run,but they aren't what make the person.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've read several thousand posts by men who are average or larger expressing insecurities and dissatisfaction that confirm my belief about men and how sensitive they are about that subject. A man may act like he's okay with it, but I bet that most of the guys who come here and make a thread asking for validation about their penis size also acted like it wasn't a big deal in front of their girlfriends.

I like a confident man, and part of that means that I shouldn't do things that would eventually undermine his confidence, or give him insecurities that he didn't already have. We're supposed to make each other happier, not more neurotic. I want him to do the same thing for me!

I can only speak for myself. I have only been with one other woman than my wife and that was only one time. I always thought that I was average, no one ever commented, not even a friend in a small hot springs in the High Sierras. She had recently become a doctor and she was with her boyfriend, a guy I knew from college, she noticed that I wasn't circumcised and asked if she could examine my penis more closely, she was the first girl to hold my penis, maybe it was the hot water, or I was slightly embarrassed and I didn't get a full erection in that short time but she didn't say anything about my size, so much for independent verification.

I measured myself in high school at 6" and had read somewhere that was average and I was happy with what I had. I would have been thrilled if a woman had taken an interest in me and wanted to measure my penis and if she declared that I was only average I would still have been happy.

In later years, after getting married it would have been wonderful if someone told me that I was above average in size. The troubles pain my wife experiences during intercourse was not vaginitis etc. etc. none of the doctors suggested that my size could be an issue.

If a woman wants to measure a mans penis she can ask nicely, even coquettishly, and get a rise out of him, or if he doesn't want to play, put your yardstick away.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Reading this actually made me think of a question I have had in my head.

This is mildly off topic in the sense it isn't talking directly about how much women really feel size, but I'm interesting in how much the aesthetic appeal of a penis matters?

Is there a variation in "beauty" - I'm guessing there is as it's pretty self apparent but it still interests me. I might actually post another thread on this or do a search as I'm sure one is already running...

Personally, I think they're all beautiful, although some are not quite as beautiful as others. I guess the more beautiful it is, the more I might want to look at it or put it in my mouth, but it really doesn't matter when it comes to sex itself.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe you. I've been here long enough that I believe I've read several thousand posts by men who are average or larger expressing insecurities and dissatisfaction that confirm my belief about men and how sensitive they are about that subject.

I have to say, I'm with Petite on this one. Measuring could help those who are very much above average, but for the average or almost-average, it doesn't seem to be very reassuring.

bananaclubcock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Most of the guys I've asked to measure have thought it was kinda fun and hot to let me get a ruler out, I don't think you'd find all that much objection from a guy if you just say "so let's find out how big you are" with a nice smile :)

Are you serious? You take bigger risks with men's egos than I do! I've always suspected that this was a topic best handled with great delicacy, so that's what I've done.

I think what the thehighheelsgirl says is totally plausible. There are many ways people connect and attitudes and actions around those things vary much more than penis size does.

With the kind of women I like, I'd really enjoy their suggesting it. The ego issues would have been dealt with long before by developing trust and respect around other things.

bananaclubcock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Interesting. Then you could enter the number of guys you've had into this calculator and it estimates what the sizes of your past penises.

Why don't you see just how inaccurate/accurate it is.

Wrong at both ends of the spectrum, and by a lot.

There is a bit of art in interpreting what that site does. It randomly pulls the same number of partners from a distribution (basically a comprehensive synthetic data set). So if you say put in 10 partners, it just gives one of the random scenarios for 10 different guys. Notice if you click "Calc" again you get new numbers, which is just another random scenario.

Unless the woman in question has slept with at least dozens, if not hundreds of guys, the likelihood of any one draw from that site matching her experience is pretty small. If anyone cares (maybe we shouldn't?), the way to make it helpful is to hit "Calc" a few dozen times and then understand that any of the scenarios (or just their value for biggest/smallest) are possible, but the numbers you see most often are the most likely.

And one thing about the randomness there, someone else doubted it, but I think it is the best way to go. Unless there is a some way courtship depends upon a size discussion, there is just no way of knowing what a guy has, right? The smarter folks here tend to play down big hands, race, or even attitude as strongly associated with size. I'd tend to agree.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Would you say there's a correlation between size and attitude/confidence?

:biggrin1: Way to make me talk!

I suspect there might be some kind of correlation between them. I think, considering how obsessed guys seem to be with size, the bigger guys are more likely to be confident and comfortable with their sexual ability than the smaller guys. Of course it doesn't mean ALL big guys will be confident and ALL small guys won't be, but I think there could be a general trend. So if someone tends to pick based on confidence and comfort with sexual ability, they're slightly more likely to find larger guys. Of course this is just something my brain made up, not something I've read in proper research.

There could be other correlations too.

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media
Personally, I think they're all beautiful, although some are not quite as beautiful as others. I guess the more beautiful it is, the more I might want to look at it or put it in my mouth, but it really doesn't matter when it comes to sex itself.

I have to say, I'm with Petite on this one. Measuring could help those who are very much above average, but for the average or almost-average, it doesn't seem to be very reassuring.

but you've asked a partner how big they were, and it turned out o.k for you.my point is ,if a man feels confident about himself he's gonna be confident with all and everything he is(penis included)
hence your partner that you asked about his size,if he wasn't confident in himself no matter his size, the situation would've turned out different.
when i was battling my low self confidence, i didn't have faith in anything i did.
i was afraid to go out and talk to women(and i LOVE talking to women!!)
i was even afraid my friend's and family thought less of me..it was bad.i got over it though,and i laugh at how silly i was.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
but you've asked a partner how big they were, and it turned out o.k for you.

He was around 9" though. It might have turned out differently if he was smaller (but then I may not have asked).

The few I've actually measured were LTRs. I think they knew I wasn't about to leave them over cock size.

my point is ,if a man feels confident about himself he's gonna be confident with all and everything he is(penis included)
hence your partner that you asked about his size,if he wasn't confident in himself no matter his size, the situation would've turned out different.

Oh, okay. Now I'm with you. I think you have a point. Confidence is a big factor in these kinds of situations.

when i was battling my low self confidence, i didn't have faith in anything i did.
i was afraid to go out and talk to women(and i LOVE talking to women!!)
i was even afraid my friend's and family thought less of me..it was bad.i got over it though,and i laugh at how silly i was.

I know the feeling. *hugs*

jbigncnc

Just Browsing
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
subgirrl... I've enjoyed your posts here and appreciate what you've said and the kindness you've shown to smaller guys.

However, I find some interesting inconsistencies with what you've said. And I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but just wanted to point them out as something to think about.

First, you started off by saying size really doesn't matter. But then you ended up saying your FB (what is that - boyfriend?) right now is extremely large and you love it!

You said:

"I've said the same thing before about my FB. He IS at the extreme end of the scale, which I like, but it's not that that makes him the best partner I've ever had."

Then you say he's THE BEST PARTNER YOU'VE EVER HAD!!! So one could draw from that that one of the biggest guys you've ever had has given you the best sex ever!!! I mean - perhaps it IS his size! Maybe you just don't want to say it, but it's hard not to put two and two together. This guy who's on the EXTREME end of the scale -- meaning extremely large - is the best lover you've ever had! But then you say it has nothing to do with his size!! But maybe it does!

Then you go on to say that it takes at least 7 inches to reach your deep spots. Which I assume brings you a great deal of pleasure. And you said anyone under 7" simply can't reach those spots! So they would be incapable of bringing you that pleasure... right?

So maybe a closer examination of the FACTS as you've stated them might lead you to a different conclusion on the importance of size.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
subgirrl... I've enjoyed your posts here and appreciate what you've said and the kindness you've shown to smaller guys.

However, I find some interesting inconsistencies with what you've said. And I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but just wanted to point them out as something to think about.

That's cool. Please ask if you ever need clarification on any of my posts.

First, you started off by saying size really doesn't matter.

A lot of people have misinterpreted what I initially said. As so many people have done so, I'm guessing it's my fault and that I wasn't clear enough.

What I meant in my initial post in this thread was that if the person's size isn't either huge or tiny, it won't occur to me to think about his size at all (although after spending so much time at LPSG I may find this changes in the future). Size just won't be a factor I think about when I'm having sex with him. In the past I have only really thought about size if there is something unusual about it.

Being average also does not mean you can't be a good lover. I happen to like length, but for me it is not a requirement for good sex. Men of almost any size can be fantastic in bed.

So size is nice, but even a guy with a huge cock can be crap in bed, and a guy with a smaller one could be amazing.

But then you ended up saying your FB (what is that - boyfriend?) right now is extremely large and you love it!

Fuck buddy. And yes, I love his length.

You said:

"I've said the same thing before about my FB. He IS at the extreme end of the scale, which I like, but it's not that that makes him the best partner I've ever had."

Then you say he's THE BEST PARTNER YOU'VE EVER HAD!!!

Errr . . . did you notice that I said it wasn't because of his size?

So one could draw from that that one of the biggest guys you've ever had has given you the best sex ever!!! I mean - perhaps it IS his size! Maybe you just don't want to say it, but it's hard not to put two and two together. This guy who's on the EXTREME end of the scale -- meaning extremely large - is the best lover you've ever had! But then you say it has nothing to do with his size!! But maybe it does!

It does add to the experience, but it isn't the reason why he's the best. If he was 6", he would still be my best partner ever.

Then you go on to say that it takes at least 7 inches to reach your deep spots. Which I assume brings you a great deal of pleasure. And you said anyone under 7" simply can't reach those spots! So they would be incapable of bringing you that pleasure... right?

Indeed they would be incapable of bringing me that specific pleasure. It happens to be my favourite kind of orgasm, but I have plenty of other places that also give me orgasms. As I've said before, I wouldn't enter into a monogamous relationship with someone smaller than 7", because I wouldn't be willing to give up that kind of orgasm for the rest of my life. But I'll quite happily have sex with people who are smaller, and thoroughly enjoy it.

So maybe a closer examination of the FACTS as you've stated them might lead you to a different conclusion on the importance of size.

Size is somewhat important to me. I've never claimed otherwise. But it's worth nothing if everything else is absent. If you've read through the entire thread, you'll know that my second best sex partner was somewhere in the average range. He couldn't reach my deep spots. He couldn't give me the little bit of pain during sex that my current FB gives me and that I love so much. But he was my second best partner ever. Better than at least seven guys who were bigger than him, if my size guesstimates are correct (at least 8 were bigger than him, but my current FB has the number 1 spot). If size mattered so very much, he would be number 9 on the list or lower, and I would think all the big guys were brilliant in bed.

AND my initial point was not that size doesn't matter. Again I blame myself for the clarity issue.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To continue with subgirrl's point; I know, if given the opportunity, I could probably give her some mind altering, earth shattering orgasms. Not because I have a big dick, but because after crossing so many posts with her, we know each other's minds well enough to know each other's hotspots.

Will she remember my cock, I'm 60% sure she might, since I'm probably not in the top 10% size wise. Will I be her best lover? I'm 92.57% sure I will be. Does cock size matter, sure. Is it all that matters... NO.

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It does add to the experience, but it isn't the reason why he's the best. If he was 6", he would still be my best partner ever.
As I've said before, I wouldn't enter into a monogamous relationship with someone smaller than 7", because I wouldn't be willing to give up that kind of orgasm for the rest of my life.

Huh? So, you're saying this guy could be 6 inches and be the best partner you've ever had, but you still wouldn't want to be in a monogamous relationship with him because he's not big enough?

Clearly he can't be that good then, right?