Size - Do You Even Notice?

Katiecav_34D

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You can't help but notice size, even when it doesn't matter. It's like he's bigger smaller the same as other ones you've seen. Just the fact that you couldn't remember the size of most of the guys tells you they were average so you did notice. it's just that only ones that are really different in size you remember individually. It's like everything. your mind always comapres things to other things. You go out to eat and have apples pie for desert and whether you want to or not your mind tells you your mom's pie is way better. You aren't consciencely comparing the two but you do it

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Huh? So, you're saying this guy could be 6 inches and be the best partner you've ever had, but you still wouldn't want to be in a monogamous relationship with him because he's not big enough?

Clearly he can't be that good then, right?

I don't see the confusion. Would you settle for a partner that was good enough for now, or would you hold out for someone who was pretty darn close to perfect?

:biggrin1: Way to make me talk!

I suspect there might be some kind of correlation between them. I think, considering how obsessed guys seem to be with size, the bigger guys are more likely to be confident and comfortable with their sexual ability than the smaller guys. Of course it doesn't mean ALL big guys will be confident and ALL small guys won't be, but I think there could be a general trend. So if someone tends to pick based on confidence and comfort with sexual ability, they're slightly more likely to find larger guys. Of course this is just something my brain made up, not something I've read in proper research.

There could be other correlations too.

I think this may be an interesting topic if someone wanted to do a research paper and publish it in some Psychology journal. Correlations having to do with anything and sexual behavior always fascinates me.

(Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier, I was more fixated on your last post)

Last edited:

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't see the confusion. Would you settle for a partner that was good enough for now, or would you hold out for someone who was pretty darn close to perfect?

If I had fucked 27 other women (which I'm assuming is the case going by the original post), whoever I considered my best partner to be would obviously be considered more than just the status of "good enough for now", so i think your question is slightly misleading.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Looking back, I can honestly say that the penis size of my lovers were not memorable unless they were at the extreme end of the scale. And when I look back, I can not remember the penis size of the best lovers I've had. The quality of sex I've had seems to have nothing to do with size, but with the man and what he could do - how he made me feel.

Now I may have a preference for a thick cock, but a thick cock isn't enough. If it was, I'd just buy a thick toy and be done with it. But it's the man - his eyes, his hands, his fingers, his voice, his smell, his mind, his attitude.... all those lusty things he whispers to me that get me. So if that hot man doesn't have a thick dick - oh well, the man is going to win over size every single time.

Charlie14

Just Browsing
Media
:biggrin1: Way to make me talk!

I suspect there might be some kind of correlation between them. I think, considering how obsessed guys seem to be with size, the bigger guys are more likely to be confident and comfortable with their sexual ability than the smaller guys. Of course it doesn't mean ALL big guys will be confident and ALL small guys won't be, but I think there could be a general trend. So if someone tends to pick based on confidence and comfort with sexual ability, they're slightly more likely to find larger guys. Of course this is just something my brain made up, not something I've read in proper research.

There could be other correlations too.

Some guys who are really big are insecure about it.. I was.. I really went through hell about it when I was younger. I always equate it to girls with huge boobs at a young age. I thought I was a freak initially.. and it is still an issue even as an adult even though there are a lot of benefits to it. But I also had sexual issues which caused home life problems when I was young too.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I had fucked 27 other women (which I'm assuming is the case going by the original post), whoever I considered my best partner to be would obviously be considered more than just the status of "good enough for now", so i think your question is slightly misleading.

Couple of things...

1) If your best partner was #15 and you were working on your 28th, would you go back to #15 and ask her to marry you? Of course not, you'd move along and look for Miss Perfect, maybe using #15 as the standard by which to gauge your future partners.

2) You're using your value system on another person. If she won't settle for what she won't settle for... so what? This has absolutely nothing to do with her original question aimed at women.

I think this is one thread that should really have a sex restriction tacked onto it. I love hearing all the responses from the women, and it seems remarkably clear that the women seem to have a grasp of what the original question is asking.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
To continue with subgirrl's point; I know, if given the opportunity, I could probably give her some mind altering, earth shattering orgasms. Not because I have a big dick, but because after crossing so many posts with her, we know each other's minds well enough to know each other's hotspots.

RawDog, you would turn me into a melting puddle of orgasmic bliss within seconds. Your posts come damn close enough to doing that as it is!

Will she remember my cock, I'm 60% sure she might, since I'm probably not in the top 10% size wise. Will I be her best lover? I'm 92.57% sure I will be. Does cock size matter, sure. Is it all that matters... NO.
You'd definitely be in the top two, if what you do to MrsR and your posts are anything to go by. You'd have to fight my FB for the number one spot though . . . I'd have to try you both at the same time . . . just to make sure environmental factors weren't confounding the results . . .

Huh? So, you're saying this guy could be 6 inches and be the best partner you've ever had, but you still wouldn't want to be in a monogamous relationship with him because he's not big enough?

Clearly he can't be that good then, right?

*sigh* I feel like I'm going in circles. My deep spots (7"+) give me my favourite orgasms. Those orgasms are not necessary for good sex. BUT I'm not willing to give them up FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. And if I am in a monogamous relationship, that's how long I intend it to be for. Thus, I could be in a relationship with a 6" guy who was the best in bed, and I would still need to go and screw someone else occasionally, to satisfy the need for the deep orgasms (or feel forever unsatisfied). It wouldn't matter if that 'someone else' was crap. His one and only purpose would be to poke the deep spots and prompt a specific kind of orgasm. Because of this, it wouldn't be fair to enter into a monogamous relationship with someone smaller. An open relationship would be fine.

Exactly. Plus it wouldn't be fair to offer what I couldn't give (ie. monogamy when he couldn't touch my deep spots).

I think this may be an interesting topic if someone wanted to do a research paper and publish it in some Psychology journal. Correlations having to do with anything and sexual behavior always fascinates me.
This inspired me to do a journal article search. A search for 'penis size' and 'confidence' came up with 1 result. I can't link it here, due to uni rules, but if anyone has access to journals, and so i don't get my ass kicked for non-acknowledgement of sources, here are the details:

Lever, J., Frederick, D.A., & Peplau, L.A. (2006). Does Size Matter? Men’s and Women’s Views on Penis Size Across the Lifespan. Psychology of Men & Masculinity, 7, 129-143. doi: 10.1037/1524-9220.7.3.129

The study was based on self report via the internet. There were 25,594 male participants (and 26,437 women, but that's not relevant to this discussion). The researchers asked a whole bunch of questions about size satisfaction etc. The interesting part is that they also asked participants to rate how attractive they felt their body was, how attractive they felt their face was, and how comfortable they are wearing a swimsuit. The researchers believed positive ratings in these areas would be an indicator of high levels of confidence (I would have asked different questions to gauge confidence but . . .). Interestingly they found a positive correlation between a self report of a large penis and each of body attractiveness, facial attractiveness and comfort in a swimsuit. Ratings for each category went down with lower self reported penis size. The researchers concluded that there IS a relationship between penis size and the measures of confidence that were used.

(Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier, I was more fixated on your last post)
You? Fixated?

I'm not selfish enough to snap someone up because they are the best, when they couldn't satisfy me in all the ways I need.

Maybe this will make it easier for you:

Just say you gave every partner you ever had a score out of 100, with 5 points for each of your favourite things sexually. Someone could come out on top, with 95%, but those 5 points they are missing, could be related to a deal breaker. ie. the person is still the best, because they had the highest score, but you can't be with them because of the deal breaker.

Looking back, I can honestly say that the penis size of my lovers were not memorable unless they were at the extreme end of the scale. And when I look back, I can not remember the penis size of the best lovers I've had. The quality of sex I've had seems to have nothing to do with size, but with the man and what he could do - how he made me feel.

Now I may have a preference for a thick cock, but a thick cock isn't enough. If it was, I'd just buy a thick toy and be done with it. But it's the man - his eyes, his hands, his fingers, his voice, his smell, his mind, his attitude.... all those lusty things he whispers to me that get me. So if that hot man doesn't have a thick dick - oh well, the man is going to win over size every single time.

Thanks for your input LaFemme. Considering how many of us have said basically what you just have - that there's much more to sex than just size - I'm currently completely stunned by the number of men who JUST AREN'T GETTING IT!!!!

Some guys who are really big are insecure about it.. I was.. I really went through hell about it when I was younger. I always equate it to girls with huge boobs at a young age. I thought I was a freak initially.. and it is still an issue even as an adult even though there are a lot of benefits to it. But I also had sexual issues which caused home life
problems when I was young too.

*hugs* As a girl with big boobs, I think I can understand a little of what you were going through.

I didn't mean to suggest that ALL big guys will be confident, or vice versa. In fact, I think quite a few of the larger guys might have had a similar experience to you. I think though that most people grow more confident with it as they hit sexual maturity and realise that a larger penis is generally considered a GOOD thing.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

2) You're using your value system on another person. If she won't settle for what she won't settle for... so what?

Thanks. We all have our deal breakers. And it doesn't matter if the person is the best in the world, and ALMOST perfect, if there's a deal breaker, it ain't gonna work. What if you hated smoking, and your perfect person was a smoker who refused to give up? Would you give up all that perfectness because of the smoking? If you hated smoking that much, you would. What if you required monogamy, and they refused to quit screwing around? What if you only came from bjs and she refused to do oral?

This has absolutely nothing to do with her original question aimed at women.
You're right, it doesn't. I don't mind going off on a bit of a tangent, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

I think this is one thread that should really have a sex restriction tacked onto it. I love hearing all the responses from the women, and it seems remarkably clear that the women seem to have a grasp of what the original question is asking.
Funny that . . .

The word 'notice' and the word 'matter' actually have different meanings. From thefreedictionary.com:

no·tice 1. The act of noting or observing; perception or attention.
2. Respectful attention or consideration

no·ticed
, no·tic·ing, no·tic·es 1. To take notice of; observe.
2. To perceive with the mind; detect.
3. To comment on; mention. (Found this one amusing, given our context).

mat·tered, mat·ter·ing, mat·ters
To be of importance.

Again, I don't mind going off on slight tangents and I LIKE hearing things from the male perspective as well, but seriously guys, if you want to talk about whether size matters, can we move the discussion to another thread.

Last edited:

Capt_obivous

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I categorize them in terms of what we will be able to do as lovers:

8" and 9" do not pop out, love the two-handed hand jobs, switching positions while he's still inside (which I will try with the average guy, but, yeah... :09:), and knowing he'll push my limits.

I'm 7" and love the two-handed hand jobs!

bananaclubcock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This inspired me to do a journal article search. A search for 'penis size' and 'confidence' came up with 1 result. I can't link it here, due to uni rules, but if anyone has access to journals, and so i don't get my ass kicked for non-acknowledgement of sources, here are the details:

Lever, J., Frederick, D.A., & Peplau, L.A. (2006). Does Size Matter? Men’s and Women’s Views on Penis Size Across the Lifespan. Psychology of Men & Masculinity, 7, 129-143. doi: 10.1037/1524-9220.7.3.129

The study was based on self report via the internet. There were 25,594 male participants (and 26,437 women, but that's not relevant to this discussion). The researchers asked a whole bunch of questions about size satisfaction etc. The interesting part is that they also asked participants to rate how attractive they felt their body was, how attractive they felt their face was, and how comfortable they are wearing a swimsuit. The researchers believed positive ratings in these areas would be an indicator of high levels of confidence (I would have asked different questions to gauge confidence but . . .). Interestingly they found a positive correlation between a self report of a large penis and each of body attractiveness, facial attractiveness and comfort in a swimsuit. Ratings for each category went down with lower self reported penis size. The researchers concluded that there IS a relationship between penis size and the measures of confidence that were used.

That is a seriously suspect piece of research. In general I have my doubts about the confidence-size connection. In fact I'd guess that like the subject of your thread, that women don't notice, men don't really notice either. Yes, they are neurotic about it, but there isn't much true measurement tied to that. Maybe a guy who is 3" by 3" really is troubled and maybe a true 8" by 6" is extra cocky, but those are both rare and for almost everyone else the variation in size is measurable, but in practice is close to noise.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That is a seriously suspect piece of research. In general I have my doubts about the confidence-size connection. In fact I'd guess that like the subject of your thread, that women don't notice, men don't really notice either. Yes, they are neurotic about it, but there isn't much true measurement tied to that. Maybe a guy who is 3" by 3" really is troubled and maybe a true 8" by 6" is extra cocky, but those are both rare and for almost everyone else the variation in size is measurable, but in practice is close to noise.

Oh, I agree that there are all kinds of things wrong with the study. It was based on self report, which can certainly introduce problems. However, in some ways, a man's own idea of his penis size matters MORE than the actual size.

I'm also not entirely sure that the researchers measures of confidence are true measures of confidence. But that doesn't change the fact that high ratings in those measures were positively correlated with a large penis and this effect was statistically significant (ie. not just noise).

But overall, the study itself and the insights gained seem quite valuable FOR WHAT THEY ARE. I doubt anyone could create a study to test size-confidence correlations WITHOUT there being some kind of flaw. I mean, what's a TRUE measure of confidence? The study is obviously not proof of a correlation, but it IS suggestive.

bananaclubcock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oh, I agree that there are all kinds of things wrong with the study. It was based on self report, which can certainly introduce problems. However, in some ways, a man's own idea of his penis size matters MORE than the actual size.

I'm also not entirely sure that the researchers measures of confidence are true measures of confidence. But that doesn't change the fact that high ratings in those measures were positively correlated with a large penis and this effect was statistically significant (ie. not just noise).

But overall, the study itself and the insights gained seem quite valuable FOR WHAT THEY ARE. I doubt anyone could create a study to test size-confidence correlations WITHOUT there being some kind of flaw. I mean, what's a TRUE measure of confidence? The study is obviously not proof of a correlation, but it IS suggestive.

Where I disagree is that the study really tells you anything beyond 'the guys who took this survey that said they were big also said they were confident.' I am guessing both measures were a five-level Likert Scale, not exactly the sort of thing that matches up well to the kind of variation you see in size or worse yet, confidence or attitudes. While I agree that most research is flawed, the abstract makes this one sound particularly bad, i.e. there isn't just a flaw, but rather so many flaws that Occam's Razor takes me back to my inverted commas bit.

I thought the original observations in the thread where some of the most honest and thoughtful. For that reason I'd agree that the how the guy feels is usually more important than actual dimensions.

Confirmation bias means once we believe we have a working narrative, we seek confirmation everywhere, even though the most helpful data is the stuff that disproves ideas. A lot of size discussions, beyond the stuff like you might say about too short cocks, is just confirmation bias. This is true about the big hands or big feet (I violate both assumptions), race (kind of me as well), confidence is more tricky, I think it is so vague as to be useless. And while I know this is confirmation bias, too, I think the fact that you mention not noticing size might point to not really having expectations that are based upon some other trait.

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why don't you see just how inaccurate/accurate it is.

No matter how many times I re-calculated, it didn't come close... Guess the 'calculator' misses the point of this thread - women do notice size :biggrin1:

Unless a girl has been having sex with random individualos (literally; she would have had to have selected her sexual partners at random), that website is not likely to be accurate.

Nailed it - and I like to think I pick my partners on a non-random scheme :wink:

jbigncnc

Just Browsing
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've worked in marketing all my life. We do studies, surveys, focus groups, every kind of thing to try and get at what a consumer REALLY feels and believes, and the trick is to get at it - DESPITE - what they tell you! The truth is - is that most people think what they think and a lot of times they don't realize why they think it. For instance, say you're working with a company in a particular industry, say chocolate drink powders (like Nestle's).

You do a bunch of marketing surveys and you ask people what chocolate drink powder they bought in the last 6 months. And say 57% say they bought Nestle's. Then you ask them if TV advertising had anything to do with their purchase and 97% will say no!

But then we can go back and see which companies did how much advertising. And inevitably we'll find that during that period Nestle's did more advertising than others.

People can't tell you it influenced their decision because there are a lot of factors and they're hardly conscious of this one. But we can see that when another company increases its advertising during a quarter that Nestle's decreases theirs - we'll see their sales go up in relation. So we KNOW that the advertising has some small effect.

And I think this might be the case with you subgrrl. If your point is only to say that you can enjoy sex with smaller guys - then fine. I believe you can. But if the bigger question is do you PREFER bigger guys to smaller guys - then the answer is definitely yes you do.

Which may be what you've said here eventually. I don't think that was the point that came across in your initial post though.

But if only 7"+ can give you your favorite orgasms - and you would ultimately only commit to a life time with someone who is 7" plus, then to the guys who are 6" - to them it all means they're just not big enough! They can't ultimately satisfy you. Yes, they can give you some temporary pleasure, but not enough that you'd be willing to settle for them for the rest of your life.

So to the smaller guys - they would be left with the knowledge that size DEFINITELY matters and that because of their smaller size they'd would be excluded from ever having a chance to be permanently with many women.

And it also means that the 6" guy CAN'T be the BEST in bed. He could be good. He could give you SOME enjoyably pleasant moments - but he obviously couldn't be the best because with him you would feel forever unsatisfied.

Your Quote:
*sigh* I feel like I'm going in circles. My deep spots (7"+) give me my favourite orgasms. Those orgasms are not necessary for good sex. BUT I'm not willing to give them up FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. And if I am in a monogamous relationship, that's how long I intend it to be for. Thus, I could be in a relationship with a 6" guy who was the best in bed, and I would still need to go and screw someone else occasionally, to satisfy the need for the deep orgasms (or feel forever unsatisfied).​

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
*sigh* I feel like I'm going in circles. My deep spots (7"+) give me my favourite orgasms. Those orgasms are not necessary for good sex. BUT I'm not willing to give them up FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. And if I am in a monogamous relationship, that's how long I intend it to be for. Thus, I could be in a relationship with a 6" guy who was the best in bed, and I would still need to go and screw someone else occasionally, to satisfy the need for the deep orgasms (or feel forever unsatisfied). It wouldn't matter if that 'someone else' was crap. His one and only purpose would be to poke the deep spots and prompt a specific kind of orgasm. Because of this, it wouldn't be fair to enter into a monogamous relationship with someone smaller. An open relationship would be fine.

I guess what I'm having a hard to believing is, if this guy is good in bed, "the best ever", why do you still need to fuck other people? If he can't reach the deep spots which give you your best orgasm, it seems logical that he can't possibly be your best partner in bed. Clearly those other people you need to fuck give you something the 6 incher can't, making them by default better in bed because their services are required by you, where as the 6 incher is not.

Just say you gave every partner you ever had a score out of 100, with 5 points for each of your favourite things sexually. Someone could come out on top, with 95%, but those 5 points they are missing, could be related to a deal breaker. ie. the person is still the best, because they had the highest score, but you can't be with them because of the deal breaker.

But see I don't see how that person would come out to 95% in the first place. If there is a certain type of orgasm I need, and my partner couldn't give it to me, they wouldn't come close to being the best out of 27 other people, no matter what other kind of sex they could give me.

Thanks. We all have our deal breakers. And it doesn't matter if the person is the best in the world, and ALMOST perfect, if there's a deal breaker, it ain't gonna work. What if you hated smoking, and your perfect person was a smoker who refused to give up? Would you give up all that perfectness because of the smoking? If you hated smoking that much, you would. What if you required monogamy, and they refused to quit screwing around? What if you only came from bjs and she refused to do oral?
The only one that relates to this thread from what I can see is giving blowjobs because that is a sexual act that leads to an orgasm which is really the subject of this discussion. Monogamy and smoking are just not comparable problems to giving you a certain type of orgasm.

And in my case, yes, if my partner refused to give me blowjobs, she wouldn't be #1. Which is exactly why I'm finding it so hard to believe a 6 incher could be #1 in your mind if they are unable to give you the orgasms you require.

Again, I don't mind going off on slight tangents and I LIKE hearing things from the male perspective as well, but seriously guys, if you want to talk about whether size matters, can we move the discussion to another thread.

This isn't completely a discussion about does size matter? I might seem like I'm picking on you here, but that's more so just because I'm not understanding your logic and you seem to be perpetuating this idea that according to you

It seems to me that many men are so obsessed with size that they don't even realise that women often don't think about it at all

when clearly you do think about it. You've put enough thought into that you know you wouldn't enter into a monogamous relationship with anyone under 7 inches no matter how good in bed they are. That seems like a quite a bit of thought to me. It appears to me that many women on this forum such as yourself continue to brush off idea about men being obsessed with their penises when it seems pretty clear with discussions like this, they have reasons to be obsessed.

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Couple of things...

1) If your best partner was #15 and you were working on your 28th, would you go back to #15 and ask her to marry you? Of course not, you'd move along and look for Miss Perfect, maybe using #15 as the standard by which to gauge your future partners.
EDIT- Wait, now I see what you're saying here. It depends. Why did the relationship end between me and #15?

2) You're using your value system on another person. If she won't settle for what she won't settle for... so what? This has absolutely nothing to do with her original question aimed at women.

Who cares if my comments have "absolutely nothing to with her original question aimed at women."

That didn't seem to be a problem for you when you asked in this very same thread
Would you say there's a correlation between size and attitude/confidence?

Seems like that "has absolutely nothing to do with her original question aimed at women" yet you still chose to ask it. Hmm....

Your comments sound extremely hypocritical. Ok for you to go off topic, but not ok for me?

Last edited:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
And I think this might be the case with you subgrrl.

I know what I think. I know what I like. If you believe otherwise, you are SERIOUSLY lacking in respect for women.

If your point is only to say that you can enjoy sex with smaller guys - then fine. I believe you can. But if the bigger question is do you PREFER bigger guys to smaller guys - then the answer is definitely yes you do.

I have said a thousand times that I PREFER them bigger. Did you only just get this?

Which may be what you've said here eventually. I don't think that was the point that came across in your initial post though.

My initial post was NOT about whether size matters. It was also NOT about my preference or anyone else's!

Are your English skills lacking? Are you stupid? Or do you just lack respect for what women say enough to not read their posts properly?

But if only 7"+ can give you your favorite orgasms - and you would ultimately only commit to a life time with someone who is 7" plus, then to the guys who are 6" - to them it all means they're just not big enough! They can't ultimately satisfy you. Yes, they can give you some temporary pleasure, but not enough that you'd be willing to settle for them for the rest of your life.

Yes. And your point is?

So to the smaller guys - they would be left with the knowledge that size DEFINITELY matters

Not what this thread was about. As I said, if you want to continue to talk about whether size matters, please take it elsewhere.

and that because of their smaller size they'd would be excluded from ever having a chance to be permanently with many women.

The last time I looked, one person did not equal 'many women'.

And it also means that the 6" guy CAN'T be the BEST in bed. He could be good. He could give you SOME enjoyably pleasant moments - but he obviously couldn't be the best because with him you would feel forever unsatisfied.

Someone can still be the best if you haven't yet had a person with ALL the characteristics you would ideally like.

Besides which, he isn't 6" (which you'd know if you read the entire bloody thread), so it doesn't really matter does it?

I won't be replying to future posts of yours if you continue to remain off topic and continue to disrespect women.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Where I disagree is that the study really tells you anything beyond 'the guys who took this survey that said they were big also said they were confident.' I am guessing both measures were a five-level Likert Scale, not exactly the sort of thing that matches up well to the kind of variation you see in size or worse yet, confidence or attitudes.

Not even as good as a five point Likert Scale - three points for some items, and four for others.

While I agree that most research is flawed, the abstract makes this one sound particularly bad, i.e. there isn't just a flaw, but rather so many flaws that Occam's Razor takes me back to my inverted commas bit.
ROFL :biggrin1: (good ROFL BTW, not bad ROFL)

I thought the original observations in the thread where some of the most honest and thoughtful. For that reason I'd agree that the how the guy feels is usually more important than actual dimensions.
Largely agree.

Confirmation bias means once we believe we have a working narrative, we seek confirmation everywhere, even though the most helpful data is the stuff that disproves ideas. A lot of size discussions, beyond the stuff like you might say about too short cocks, is just confirmation bias. This is true about the big hands or big feet (I violate both assumptions), race (kind of me as well), confidence is more tricky, I think it is so vague as to be useless.
Agree. One person's measure of confidence will not be the same as that of others. I don't think anyone will be able to design a study to test it reliably. I think we agree that this study is full of holes. I think we differ in that you are ready to chuck the whole study out, whereas I think it's an indication of correlation, but not proof. Agree to differ? :smile:

I know I have a personal confirmation bias :biggrin1:. I figure my experiences have not been something you would expect to find randomly, so I'm looking for an answer. There might not be one. But I'm still liking the confidence hypothesis myself.

And while I know this is confirmation bias, too, I think the fact that you mention not noticing size might point to not really having expectations that are based upon some other trait.
Certainly not consciously. It's only really been since I've come to LPSG and found that my experience is unusual that I've started looking for a common thread between them.

I guess what I'm having a hard to believing is, if this guy is good in bed, "the best ever", why do you still need to fuck other people? If he can't reach the deep spots which give you your best orgasm, it seems logical that he can't possibly be your best partner in bed. Clearly those other people you need to fuck give you something the 6 incher can't, making them by default better in bed because their services are required by you, where as the 6 incher is not.

I'm sorry, I just don't know how to explain it any more clearly. I'll give it one more try, but if that doesn't do it *shrug*.

Just say in bed I need someone who:

* Can Dom me
* Likes it rough
* Pounds me hard
* Likes deep kissing
* Loves to receive blow jobs
* Has a brilliant sense of timing
* Does the 'motionless thing'
* Cares deeply about if the sex is good for me
* Pays attention to my body so he knows exactly what to do when
* Whispers sweet nothings (errr . . . fantasy material) in my ear
* Stimulates orgasmic zones near the entrance of my vagina
* Stimulates my mid spot
* Stimulates my deep spots

. . . for starters.

Just say Mr Hypothetical 6" does every single ones of those things EXCEPT stimulating my deep spots.

Mr Hypothetical Huge however, does two or three of those things. One of them happens to be hitting my deep spots.

Who do you think is going to win? (I'll give you a hint - it's Mr 6")

But see I don't see how that person would come out to 95% in the first place. If there is a certain type of orgasm I need, and my partner couldn't give it to me, they wouldn't come close to being the best out of 27 other people, no matter what other kind of sex they could give me.
I think I pretty much answered this above. My second best partner was averagish (I tend to guesstimate him at 5.5 - 6.5, but don't REALLY know his size). He ticked most of the things on my list. Obviously not the deep spot part, but most of the other things. My FB, who would still be the best if I shrunk him down to 6", ticks ALL the things on my list (of course he wouldn't get the deep spots if he was average sized). So he would still be better than number two. And he would be better than the Mr Hypothetical Huge mentioned above.

And in my case, yes, if my partner refused to give me blowjobs, she wouldn't be #1. Which is exactly why I'm finding it so hard to believe a 6 incher could be #1 in your mind if they are unable to give you the orgasms you require.
Interesting. Could be a men/women difference? Or just individual difference?

This isn't completely a discussion about does size matter?
Was that supposed to be a question? If so, no, it wasn't supposed to be.

If it was supposed to be a statement . . . well . . . it does seem like that is what it's become.

I might seem like I'm picking on you here, but that's more so just because I'm not understanding your logic
No, it's OK. I get that part. We seem to think quite differently.

and you seem to be perpetuating this idea that according to you

Originally Posted by subgirrl http://www.lpsg.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif
It seems to me that many men are so obsessed with size that they don't even realise that women often don't think about it at all
when clearly you do think about it. You've put enough thought into that you know you wouldn't enter into a monogamous relationship with anyone under 7 inches no matter how good in bed they are. That seems like a quite a bit of thought to me.
Ohhhh. Now I see why you started on the does size matter track. Would have saved us both a bit of angst if you'd mentioned this at the beginning (although maybe you did and I missed it)? I can also understand why you're irritated by it.

For most of my sexual life, and pre-LPSG, I rarely thought about size at all, even in relation to my own preferences. I knew that larger guys had an added bonus in that they could reach places deep inside - in fact I loved it. But even that I didn't really think about except when I was having sex with a big guy. It truly didn't enter my mind at all outside of those times. And as far as noticing size in general was concerned, I just didn't unless they were big or tiny.

After my last relationship ended, my depression was largely resolved, and I started to let my sex drive soar again, I started to think about what I would like in future relationships. My last relationship had been a bit of a flop in the sex department, so I knew sex was ultra important to me.

Then I started seeing two of my old FBs again and ended up on LPSG. My larger FB (well both, but him especially) reminded me (not literally) how much I enjoy longer guys, and I started searching for bigger toys. Then when I joined LPSG, I couldn't ESCAPE the issue of size. It was EVERYWHERE. So my ideas about size, started to be more present and solid in my mind, rather than just being things that reared their heads during sex with bigger guys.

It appears to me that many women on this forum such as yourself continue to brush off idea about men being obsessed with their penises when it seems pretty clear with discussions like this, they have reasons to be obsessed.
Many of the women on this site DO have a preference for larger men. That is what drew a lot of us (not all) to this site. However, the take home messages from this thread should probably be:

a) That even for most of us with a preference for larger, penis size is pretty low on the list of importance. MANY things add up together to make a man good in bed. Size is just one of them, and not necessarily an important one.

b) If you (everyone you, not you specifically) are in the average range, we (most of us anyway) will not stop to think about your size. We won't think, 'Gee, I wonder if he is 5" or 5" ' We won't even think 'I wonder if he is 4.5" or 6" '. So stop worrying about those tiny differences. If you are huge, we might think 'I wonder how big he is'. The same if you are tiny. But if you are average, we aren't thinking about it. We are just enjoying having sex with you.

And a general observation, not from this thread:

c) Every woman is different. Just because I like deep spot orgasms and you need to be 7" to give them to me, does not mean ALL women need 7" for their deep spots, OR that they even give a fuck about deep spots.

And one more for the road:

d) Women on LPSG think about size A LOT more than average women do. We spend our free time on a forum where people discuss cock size all bloody day - of course we are going to think about size more often than average. And we STILL don't think about small differences in penis size when we are having sex.

Edit:

Wow! I think this must be the longest post in the history of LPSG! Do I a get an award? :biggrin1:

Last edited:

double_digit

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
<<snippty snip-a-snip for brevity's sake>>

I wonder when the gentlemen of the species will clue in on the fact that a woman's most sensitive, deep and moving spots do not necessarily lay between their thighs? Food for further thought - carry on, play nice - careful with that pointy stick there too...

You'll take an eye out eventually if you keep waving it like that. :D

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
EDIT- Wait, now I see what you're saying here. It depends. Why did the relationship end between me and #15?

Because one of you was a smoker and the other wasn't. My point is that being the best sexual partner brings so many components with it not having to do with sex whatsoever. If I'm not that attracted to a woman because of how she drones on and on about nail polish, that could manifest itself in how intense the sexual experience ends up being.

Maybe that's what you don't understand about sex. Sex isn't only about "Put tab A in slot B", it's the whole package.

Who cares if my comments have "absolutely nothing to with her original question aimed at women."

Who cares? The person who started the discussion is the default moderator of the discussion. If you want to divert the discussion to your own campaign, then start your own thread and invite her. If she tracks with your topic over there, it's her perrogative. Here, it's her thread. Right now, you're simply badgering.

That didn't seem to be a problem for you when you asked in this very same thread

Would you say there's a correlation between size and attitude/confidence?
[/QUOTE]

We're talking about memories of penii. One clue to remembering speicifcs are the triggers around the memories. If the guy had confidence and was cocksure of himself, could she be remembering that aspect and then the penis? It's a theory on recollection which is perfectly on topic.

A theory that bananaclubcock ran with and clarified. Re-read his post.

Seems like that "has absolutely nothing to do with her original question aimed at women" yet you still chose to ask it. Hmm....

A better example for you to have used on this thread would've been this:

http://www.lpsg.org/208517-size-do-you-even-notice-2.html#post3068105

Which I prefaced with a disclaimer, a question, and then let her take the lead on how far she wanted to discuss this. If it went on, the polite thing for me to do was open up another thread. Which someone else had done:

http://www.lpsg.org/209071-can-guys-feel-the-g.html

It's ettiquette on my part, but it works for me if I want a dialogue.

Your comments sound extremely hypocritical. Ok for you to go off topic, but not ok for me?

Again, it's her topic. I may have meandered from your point of view, but not hers. If this was your topic and you two had this same exchange, I would be on your side.