Size Matters: the latest science on womens penis size preferences

glowfish

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Some interesting studies I thought you guys might be interested in:

Penis size: Survey of female perceptions of sexual satisfaction

To study the effect of penis width vs. length on female sexual satisfaction, 50 sexually active female undergraduate students were asked which felt better, i. e., was penis width or length more important for their sexual satisfaction.

None reported they did not know, or that width and length were equally satisfying. A large majority, 45 of 50, reported width was more important (p < .001).

The results were statistically significant. Penis width needs to be given more consideration, and taken into account when one discusses penis size. Also, it may be that Masters and Johnson were wrong about penis size having little or no physiological effect on women's sexual satisfaction.
From a Psychology Today survey:

Women who rated themselves as more attractive were particularly concerned with larger size. Of women describing themselves as "much more attractive than average," 64 percent cared strongly or moderately about penis width, and 54 percent cared about penis length. Women who rated their own looks as average were about 20 percentage points lower.
Studies of human physique and sexual attractivenes... [Am J Hum Biol. 2007 Jan-Feb] - PubMed result

Study 3 assessed the attractiveness of front-posed male figures which varied only in length of their nonerect penis. Numerical ratings for this trait were low, but moderate lengthening of the penis (22% or 33% above average) resulted in a significant increase in scores for attractiveness.
Interesting counter to the mainstream opinions on how much size matters to women in particular.

glowfish

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There's a lot of other data from that survey, but the most important thing I noticed was that it seems like the more attractive a woman is, the more likely they are to care about penis size, height and physique. Which implies that those things are desirable when the woman has choice.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Or moreover they are ALWAYS desirable?

But only more attractive women actually have the tits...I mean chips to bargain with.

Of course there are always exceptions and if anything what you have to remember is that penis size only counts DURING SEX.

Which may seem obvious but some people seem to think that having a large penis makes you some sort of demi god who will be the greatest or "alpha" in all aspects of life. That isn't true.

Therefore lots of women settle with smaller endowed men. Especially if those men have money, social status and good physical traits.

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To study the effect of penis width vs. length on female sexual satisfaction, 50 sexually active female undergraduate students were asked which felt better, i. e., was penis width or length more important for their sexual satisfaction.

None reported they did not know, or that width and length were equally satisfying. A large majority, 45 of 50, reported width was more important (p < .001).

The results were statistically significant. Penis width needs to be given more consideration, and taken into account when one discusses penis size. Also, it may be that Masters and Johnson were wrong about penis size having little or no physiological effect on women's sexual satisfaction.

No need to make a survey - just ask one of us :biggrin1: Girth is always more important :rolleyes:

glowfish

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Or moreover they are ALWAYS desirable?

But only more attractive women actually have the tits...I mean chips to bargain with.

My own personal conclusion would be that they're always desirable, but when someone doesn't have a large choice they may backwards-rationalize and convince themselves they don't want what they can't have. I've always noticed that less attractive couples openly state that "looks don't matter" as much to them. I'm sure if one of them got hot overnight, the situation would change instantly.

LilJock

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
quietguy said:
So the take home message from the Psychology Today survey is: "attractive women care more about penis size than unattractive women".
Maybe it's true. Dunno

But I only dated attractive chicks (and, yes, had "repeats"), and am now married to a gorgeous woman. . . and I probably got the smallest dick in the Western Hemisphere.

So doesn't always hold true. Maybe other things come into play. :smile:

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
My own personal conclusion would be that they're always desirable, but when someone doesn't have a large choice they may backwards-rationalize and convince themselves they don't want what they can't have. I've always noticed that less attractive couples openly state that "looks don't matter" as much to them. I'm sure if one of them got hot overnight, the situation would change instantly.

QFT

305guy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So the take home message from the Psychology Today survey is: "attractive women care more about penis size than unattractive women".

I think the underlying reality of this point is that attractive women have the luxury of 'choosing' their mate and if one has the ability to choose they are going to choose the best of whats available. Less attractive women, however, do not have the benifit of choice because as we all know, beggers cant be choosers. They have to kinda take what they can get. Not that penis size isn't just as important to a less attractive women, they just know they can't be as choosey and demanding because the guys aren't lined up around the block for them, and thus the odds are not in their favor.

I think this is funny, because I always see less-than attractive girls professing that size doesn't matter... all I hear is "I'll take whatever dick I can get."

Sorry if that seems shallow, but it has been proven true to me more often than not.

Glowfish, just read your last post, seems we're on the same page.

LilJock

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Another thing. These studies apparently involved dragging women off the street and asking, "Which is more attractive? The stretch limo. . . or the VW bug? The deli salami or the cocktail wienie?"

Although I've done pretty well in the "one-night stand" game (never had any trouble picking up chicks), I'll have to admit that women who were just after a quick shag and a "Thank you, Ma'am" seemed to be more into the size of a guy's tackle than women who were looking for something more. . . like whether they could even bear to see the slug in the morning.

Girls after a dating, live-in or marital relationship usually sacrifice a few inches in the trous for a sense of humor, good-looks, how they get along together, whether the guy puts the toilet seat down after peeing and doesn't kvetch when they burn the roast. :biggrin1:

Last edited:

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Another thing. These studies apparently involved dragging women off the street and asking, "Which is more attractive? The stretch limo. . . or the VW bug? The deli salami or the cocktail wienie?"

Although I've done pretty well in the "one-night stand" game (never had any trouble picking up chicks), I'll have to admit that women who were just after a quick shag and a "Thank you, Ma'am" seemed to be more into the size of a guy's tackle than women who were looking for something more. . . like whether they could even bear to see the slug in the morning.

Girls after a dating, live-in or marital relationship usually sacrifice a few inches in the trous for a sense of humor, good-looks, how they get along together, whether the guy puts the toilet seat down after peeing and doesn't kvetch when they burn the roast. :biggrin1:

Of course women look for many things in a partner and will be willing to overlook a man with a smaller penis if he fulfills some other requirements. But, that doesn't change the fact that a large penis is a positive trait and something to be proud of, while a small penis is a negative trait and something to be ashamed of.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
...A large penis is a positive trait and something to be proud of, while a small penis is a negative trait and something to be ashamed of.

What is missing from the end of that quote is "In My Opinion"

The fact is that:

A large penis is...a large penis!
A small penis is...a small penis!

Attaching negative or positive connotations is what you do. If you feel shame about your penis then that is your problem and is only due to your perception.

There are men and women who like small penises and even prefer them. There are more people who see a penis as a penis.

There are many well adjusted men with (perceived) small penises who don't see them as a bad thing. Liljock seems to be contented despite having (in his words) a small penis. Most likely he has the ability to enjoy all the positive things and not "sweat the small stuff".

And in response to your "but women make fun of my penis" retort:

1. If they do then are they really the sort of women you want or should be bothered about?

2. They probably pick up on your negative energy, if you don't outright tell them about your perceived smallness and how fixated you are on it.

Media
Attaching negative or positive connotations is what you do. If you feel shame about your penis then that is your problem and is only due to your perception.

easy for you to say. you're like warren buffet sayimg "money can't buy happiness". LOL

There are men and women who like small penises and even prefer them.

name two women

THEDUDEofDestiny

Experimental Member
Media
women arent robots looking for this biggest dick, morons. it is just one factor, and as we will all age and eventually have that factor stop working or stop working as well, it is a fairly unimportant one in a long term relationship. stop being fags (no offense intended to homos im talking to the two straights above) in every thread and grow a pair

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"size matters" does not mean "bigger is better." if a girl prefers a six inch cock to a 13 inch one, guess what? that means that size matters to her!

but it doesn't matter what the data says or doesn't say...the SPHers will bend reality to fit their fetish. have fun with that...

gunit56_17

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
SPH is only one asspect of what our (wife's and my) sex live has evolved to...it is a part of it not "it" in its entirety. As was indicated, its all in the eyes of the beholder or viewer as it were. In just about all of my relationships my penis and its size (large or small) was a secondary or tertiary issue if at all. It was discussed in the context of our sexual activites but was by no means a "deal breaker" My 2.5 cents...

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
SPH is only one asspect of what our (wife's and my) sex live has evolved to...it is a part of it not "it" in its entirety. As was indicated, its all in the eyes of the beholder or viewer as it were. In just about all of my relationships my penis and its size (large or small) was a secondary or tertiary issue if at all. It was discussed in the context of our sexual activites but was by no means a "deal breaker" My 2.5 cents...

Exactly, it's a secondary issue to the vast majority of women except for the size queens, gay or straight.

glowfish

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't think anyone's claiming it's the only thing a woman looks for, just that women have a preferences for larger penises when they can get them. Which I think is consistent with most peoples experiences.