Sketch Comedy Poll

What is your favorite sketch comedy show?

• Chapelle's Show

Votes: 64 23.8%
  • In Living Color

Votes: 25 9.3%
  • Kids in the Hall

• Monty Python's Flying Circus

Votes: 50 18.6%
  • Mr. Show

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Saturday Night Live

• The State

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Upright Citizens Brigade

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Who's Line is it Anyway

Votes: 35 13.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 29 10.8%

• Total voters

ChuckRich

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Chappelle's Show. Hands down. Some of the stuff on there I consider to be the funniest comedy I've ever seen. Second choice would be In Living Color. I look back on a lot of that fondly. MADtv was great for a couple seasons too but they've lost all the cast members I loved. SNL I like but 9 out of 10 skits seem to be last about twice as long as the joke can carry it.

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My vote was for "other" because my brother got me hooked on "SCTV" when they started airing the repeats of it on Comedy Central or some channel here. I think it was originally from the 80s and it was a Canadian group that featured John Candy, Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara, Martin Short, etc., all doing hysterical stuff. They had one spoof of soaps called "The Days of the Week" that still makes me laugh when I think about it. O, Canada!

DanielForever

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I voted other, though I like Montry Python, There is somehting on Channel 4 (UK) calles THE GREEN WING

its set in a hospital and, although all the characters are wither doctors and nurses, its still sketch based and oh so very very very funny, but not catchphrase based brain-less funny, really really funny. Stuffed full with about 15 of the best TV comedy actors around, Its really the only show I've ever seen of any genre ever where the is noting weak about it in any part.

I insist, the American readers HAVE to download or whatever to get an episode of the Green Wing. Oh, and its an hour long, rather than the half hour normal show, so double the genius.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
I voted "Kids In The Hall" but I think I'd like to retract my vote, moving them to number duex and giving the title to....In Living Color!!!!!
So much incredible talent in one show...it was truly awesome. I had every show on VHS and lost them in my divorce before last.

DanielForever

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I forgot about the lauge of Gentlemen. Did that get aired in america? that was glorious, although more stylish than funny sometimes. There was a late-night sketch show on channel 4 made by the writer of Father Ted. It was called Rasberry Jam or something, and it was very very funny and so very very very DARK.

I want to change my vote to Derick and Clive. It was a 70's spoken word album by BBC actors Peter Cook and Dudley Moore. they took thier cockney characters and gave them the worst language and the most funny surreal stories ever.

*Inside Joan Crawford's c*nt is the biggest disaster area ever. You've heard of the Bermuda triangle, well this was worse. Up there, there are f*cking fleets of ships, light aircrafts* *Hamburger stands?* *Hamburger stands, with no f*cking hambugers in, just the stands*
*and you know, the only single piece of entertainment is they have a disco in one of the ships*

*Her entire Ars*hole was compleatly blocked with Spanish revolutionaries.

EnglishGentleman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Out of the poll I had to vote for Who's Line, but the original Brit version with only ONE ad break, not the cleaned up Drew Cary version with more ads than content.

Mind you, if it weren't for this poll, I wouldn't have just discovered Chapelle's Show which is funny as hell.

All time favourite for me has to be "Big Train", which had the fantastic -

"I'm sorry but the management have decided that from Monday, wanking will be banned in this office so I'm afraid it you want to toss one off you'll have to leave your desk and go outside...." sketch.