skewed girth measurements?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by LemacST, Aug 21, 2007.

1. LemacST

Gold Member

So we all know that there's a lot of fucking up for length measurements--but what about girth? If I measure with a shoe string, I get like 5 1/2". If I measure with a piece of paper, I get more like 5". I've never measured with a fabric measurer.

Do you think this could skew what is seen as the "average", whether in actual surveys or just people giving measurements with string-like objects around the house? Not everoyne has a fabric measurer, you know.

A half inch is significant in girth--it's like a full inch in length.

2. LemacST

Gold Member

Oh and one last thing, the penis isn't perfectly round, as we all know. I don't just mean that it's oval shaped, but think about the tube on the bottom side of the cock...it juts out beyond the rest of the ovular cock. If you wrap something around it, you're including this extra space/"gap" that the tube causes. You can probably just push this gap out by measuring tighter, but what guy would wanna do that, you know? Haha.

Hmm...

3. LemacST

Gold Member

So I just found a piece of fabric that doubles exactly like a fabric measurer...I measured in at 5.25" (in all places, my penis isn't thicker or skinnier in any specific place on the shaft). This compliments my 6.5" length. I guess I'm slightly larger than average in all ways...I feel pretty satisfied. I made sure the gap was filled too. I realized though that it doesn't make too much of a difference for me apparently, however I've seen pictures of other units that had their tube protruding out pretty far.

4. D_Cunningham Cumshipper

Shoe string will stretch. Paper won't (or at least not much before it tears).

5. RideRocket

Gold Member

In addition to the shoe string stretching, it's also thicker than the paper or the fabric measurer, which would add to your measurement. The fabric measurer, or one like a tailor would use, is probably your best tool. Also, the general consensus is that you measure your girth at the thickest point - wherever that may lie.

Draft saved Draft deleted