Skin care regimine

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Frnkd213, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Frnkd213

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    In the last few years I have been more conscientious about my skin, face mainly. I have gone to see a friend who is an aesthetician and have had a facial(since I am extremely ticklish it was a trying experience), had dermabrasion, and other things done as a test subject to give her experience.

Anyway my question relates to those people who have a particular product or line that they like. I've tried Arbonne, a friend was selling it, I liked it but the information as to how to use it or in what order was nonexistent.

Currently am using jack black eye, shaving cream, and moisturizer with sunblock.
    I also use lab series clay mask, and moisturizer.
    Arbonne scrub
    For hand cream Premier which according to the label can be used for the body.

I really am guessing as to what is a typical regimine in skin care.

I usually wash with a face soap
    Apply the Jack Black eye creams
    Apply a whitening cream (bought at a trade show) on some dark spots, which have been reduced.

Than apply the Jack Black moisturizer with sunscreen
    This is my usually morning and night routine

Every other week I have been applying a mask than follow the routine.

Every other 3rd day as I was told I use the Arbonne scrub. I guess I could use any scrub. Followed by the usually routine.

The hand body cream I use daily.

Any comments or recommendations on my routine? Products that are recommended? I would really appreciated any suggestions.

Thanks

2. parchissi

Gold Member

Wow - thats quite a ritual you got going there buddy. I sure do nothing like that - I do use alot of coconut oils - make my own - can't comment on the mentioned products tho. You must have beautiful skin!!! I spend way too much time out in the harsh Aussie sun - so use alot of oils and creams to keep my skin from turning into leather !!! Take care. Cheers.

3. D_Skippy_Skidmarx

D_Skippy_Skidmarx New Member

Dang, that's alot! I use Chamois Butt'r before I go cycling.

4. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

I am an Aesthetician, so if anyone has some specific questions as well, please feel free to contact me through private message or on my profile wall (as I might forget to come here to check for them) and I can help with problem skin issues, product recommendations and techniques that are beneficial for the results you are looking for.

5. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I've had the same routine since I was 15.
    I use Erno Laszlo products and Creme de la Mer.
    Wash with Sea Mud soap, follow up with Light Controlling Lotion and then a dab of la Mer moisturizer and then Regular Normalizer Shake It.
    These products are sold in fines stores and have highly trained staff to analyze your skin and it's specific problems and suggest the correct products for your individual regime.
    Erno Laszlo Official Online Store
    La Mer | Crème de la Mer

6. Juicee Jubes

Gold Member

Albums:
    Having tried a plethora of products for many years for my oily prone skin, Ive now reduced it to a simple routine. I have collected many high end products and some supermarket brands;- my go-to shortlist is made up of

Neutrogena cleansers and scrubs - I use the grapefruit scrub and liquid cleaners for a refreshing clean in the hotter months, or their creme cleanser and scrub in the cooler.
    Shiseido pureness and also Palmers skin perfecting mask is great.

Olay age defy series moisturiser with sunblock - I have been wearing sunblock since I was 15, now 34. Im told I have the skin of a 25 year old, Im not so sure but i take it. I have a weakness for eye creams - Shiseido benefiance is the ultimate or Olay regenerist/or total effects.

PLenty of sleep and sex also keeps one youthful.
    Cuddle

7. Frnkd213

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yeah, sounds complex or time consuming but in all could take 10-15 min at most except for mask, I shower after that though, kind of messy other wise.

8. Frnkd213

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Surprise that there aren't that much input on this topic. Common people don't be shy. I know there are more than a handful of people that use more than a bar of soap to wash their face! :)

9. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

Frnk, you are a product salesman's dream. Your regimen sounds thorough enough to see a positive change in your skin over a few weeks easily. I am not a fan of buying all your products from one particular line because no line I've seen gives me everything I need for my particular skincare requirements. I mix and match accordingly to make sure I get the best from various product lines.

There probably aren't a lot of responses because skincare can be a tad intimidating for most people, especially men, especially straight men believe it or not! As an Aesthetician, straight men are the most difficult demographic to promote your services to.

If the question was "What is your skincare regimen?" you might have gotten some more responses, albeit a few "bar of soap" responses. ;)

-MR

10. Frnkd213

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    That's probably why.
    I am trying to get rid of dark spot, so the product my sister in law suggested, well she is the one that sold it to me is Magic Cream by Pervil its a whitener and moisturizer, seems to have done some good. Do you have any other suggestions?

too there are anti-aging, moisturizers, cream for the eyes, moisturizers with spf, and sun-block, scrubs, wash, etc.

Than the japan and korean product, nano technology, volcanoe dust etc.

what to look for and how long after you start do you say , its not working go to another product.
    :confused:
    thanks for the comment anyway.

11. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

When you are using a whitening cream, I would recommend a separate moisturizer as they are very drying. The SPF can't be stressed enough if you are trying to avoid aging/dark spots or trying to fade them. The UVB rays from the sun cause damage spots that can take up to 15 years to manifest themselves.

As for a particular product name, it's really hard for me to recommend one because it's more about an active ingredient than the label. pH levels are also important but rarely do companies give that information even to skin care professionals.

Bleaching/Fading creams will have a couple of varying active ingredients that do the job. Moisturizers are going to vary in pH levels and the ingredients that make the skin soft and that is more important when it comes to whether or not you need a lot of moisture or minimal, or if you are using it for the SPF purpose only- which a lot of men and women do.

Plenty of large-chain stores offer a variety of products that are decent for basic skincare for all budget levels. Specialty department stores and upscale salons are going to be where the pricier product lines are obviously. You just want to be sure you are getting what works best for your skin and your budget.

I think The Body Shop offers a great mix of organic products with quality active ingredients at a reasonable price.
    ;)

12. Frnkd213

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thank you sooo much. So much info and things to consider.

13. batterseaduke

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
Draft saved Draft deleted