Skin Tags on Penis Head

D_54ce56

Just Browsing
Media
This is my first post here. I've been around for about two years, but just got around to joining. Anyways, I have a problem. I don't have a small penis, but I do have three small "skin tags" on my penis. Lately, they have been hurting quite a bit. The pain is enough to keep me awake at night. I have two located on the tim of my head, and then one on the left side, mid-head. I talked to my father a few weeks ago about them, as I'm only 20, and he said I should probably get something done about them. He said they were from the fact that I was hard to keep circumcised. What I'm wondering is, first of all, why would they start hurting all of the sudden. I've been masturbating less frequently, and with less intensity. Second, what kind of doctor would be best to see about this problem? My family physician? A dermatologist? A urologist? I've had problems before, but rarely and they went away after a few hours. If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Make an appointment, as soon as possible, to see your doctor. You penis hurting when it didn't before is never a good sign. And skin tags, no matter where they are, are easily removed.

Ask your doc. I'd guess a dermatologist, but I've been wrong. It depends on your insurance, how large they are, and where exactly they are on your penis. With my insurance, I'd get a referral to a dermatologist from my PCP. Urologists are more often seen for internal genitourinary problems.

Last edited:

D_Woody Wilson

Account Disabled
Media
There's nothing wrong with your plumbing, so that mostly rules out the urologist. A family doctor might be best, as they would know you best and be able to recommend someone. Good luck.

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I had one under my arm and it began to hurt from getting bumped or whatever. My dermatologist took it off in a second and I was on my way home. When I called, the nurse said I could tie a string (floss) around it and leave it until it fell off. I couldn't get the string tied tho. Although, you should go in since it's in such a delicate area.

D_54ce56

Just Browsing
Media
And my only problem is, I leave for college on Friday. So I'm nervous to make an appointment with my family doctor and walk in and say "I have skin tags on my penis. Please look." But I don't really know what else to do. I need something done about them, so it's either a doctor appointment tomorrow or find a doctor, dermatologist, urologist, up at school? I don't know what to do :( The problem is that they are very awkwardly placed. Especially one of them. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
And my only problem is, I leave for college on Friday... Any thoughts?

I'd make an appointment ASAP with your family doc -- the guy already knows you -- and get his or her opinion. If you're nervous about talking about skin tags on your penis -- I'm not very shy about talking about anything with my doc -- say something like, "I'd like to show you something that's bothering me"...then drop trou and let him examine you. You're going to have to do a naked show & tell for some doc, so might as well get it done early. Maybe he can excise them right then and there, and then you;d be done.

D_54ce56

Just Browsing
Media
Went to the doctor today, explained my problem, he had me drop my pants and looked at them. It was odd looking at someone handle my dick from that angle. I never realized just how big it really was. Anyways, he then told me he could apply liquid nitrogen to it in hopes of freezing them off. He then proceeded, and I experienced some of the worst pain of my life. I'm still in some pretty good pain, but within a week, they should be gone. Its strange not knowing what my dick looks like without them. I made sure to take photos of it before, just to remember what it looked like up until now. Hoping the pain subsides soon and that I'll have no more problems after this.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm glad to hear you went to the doctor. I know it hurts like hell to have nitrogen freezing around there - my doctor tried to burn what we thought was molluscum off my frenulum three times before a dermatologist saw it and said it was a cyst. If it's any consolation, the nitrogen was less painful than having it cut out ;-)

Here's hoping your problem's solved.

S

SirConcis

Skin tags are the result of a loose circumcision at birth. The raw edges of the skin heal aganst the glans because there is still enough skin to go ovr glans and parents forgot to apply vaseline everyday As a result, the scar forms not only between the 2 edges of the skin but also with the surface of glans, so the skin becomes permanently attached to the glans.

Your parents should have had that fixed before your puberty.

A urologist would likely have done local anesthesia and used a scalpel to separate skin from glans. But I guess the nitrogen may do the same.