Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Do you think it is a double standard that women can wear skin tight clothes anywhere, while men usually wear "baggy" clothes where you can't see anything? I was at airport and saw many asses where the amount of fabric was minimal on women. Both bottom and top. How do you feel about this?

Reactions: Rewardheragain148

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Double standard? Not for me. It's a preference. He likes baggy clothes. He has a great body, and I tried getting him to wear something a bit more fashion forward. He's not comfortable with that.

I have a little black dress that's like an executive brief: short enough to keep your attention but covers the subject adequately.

We just like what we like.

Ms.M

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Uh. Have you not seen the jeggings and skin tight, over sharing kind of pants/bottoms some dudes wear? I'm talking you can see a clear outline of all of their business. Much less the freedom to go shirtless and likely not be harassed or assaulted.

I really do not much care what the hell anybody is wearing. Meh.

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
So uh, you so understand that clothing is a personal choice right?

That skin tight shirts and pants exist for men too. That basketball shorts that cling to every part of your ass and dick are accessible at any retail clothing store. Skinny jeans that will make your legs look like a toothpick and smash your dick flat can be gotten in the same places.

Men wear baggy because it's often far more comfortable than having clothing squeezing at your arms or a seam of your jeans digging into your balls all day.

I genuinely do not believe that a "double standard" exists. Women who choose to wear skin tight clothing are called sluts and whores by those who judge. Prudes and tease by those who gawk and get told to stop. They are made to feel unsafe for their choice of clothing. Because of course, they "were asking for it" by wearing that skirt, or those shoes, or that shirt that showed any skin.

Please explain how this is a double standard? Or perhaps, maybe understand that we often have to chose our own clothes to feel safe rather than a true choice. That's certainly a double standard.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

There's a huge difference between this and your original post.

That team was punished for *not* wearing skimpy bikini bottoms. What civilians wear casually isn't the same thing.

Your original post is about personal choices. Not sporting regulations. You didn't mention anything about mandates and dress-codes in your OP. So I'm not sure why you bring this up here.