Skinny Guys - Loose or Tight clothing?

EyeInTheSky

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm struggling with my appearance right now in life, not knowing what to wear. I am very skinny at 6 feet (possibly 6'1", I havn't been measured in over a year) and weighing only 120 lbs.

My question is what do you prefer on skinny guys like me (extremely skinny) baggy or tight?

Currently, I started wearing straight fitting jeans size 29 x 32 and Medium sized collared shirts which I tuck in because most shirts hang too low on me (passed my ass) it seems.

Do you think that is good?

Any help/opinions appreciated.

Thanks

Form fitting I think looks better on slender guys. not like painted on, but not loose for sure. A V neck is always nice on a tall slender guy, smaller and untucked.

there ya go

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
IMO, baggy clothes are an ill fit and look like they need a good tailor.

Maybe I'm just too old-school, but I remember when the first rule of being a well-dressed man was fit, followed by fabric followed by cut.

freeballing

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey Eye,

Just checked out your gallery pics... Be proud of that big fat dick attached to that nice skinny bod and wear something that shows it off. I think tall, lanky dudes can be super hot! And baggy clothes only make guys look disproportioned.

huw ginnit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have had the same problem, I'm 6'3" and weigh just over 10 st, whatever that is in lbs.... I never felt cool or attractive, things made me look stoopid.

Trousers never met my shoes, turn ups were a dream I could never realise, and sleeves missed my wrists. If a shirt or top covered my whole arm the body of it drowned me...I even did a course in fashion desing hoping that I could then be able to make things to suit tall thin men.

The thing you need to do is, IGNORE FASHIONS.

There is a huge difference, between being fashionable and well dressed.

Some people follow fashions, what people like you and I need to do is find their personal STYLE.

So, this means thrying on a hell of a lot of clothes hoping to find what shapes suit you best, and then finding them in shops you can afford...nothing than finding the perfect shirt when it's $125! Oh and take a GOOD friend, one who you can trust- not someone who'll say yes to everything and not one who isn't interested in clothes.

When you know what shapes and things suit, you just keep on buying them, if high waists come in and they aren't for you, keep wearing your trad fit, It looks so much better than trying too hard and looking a tit!

Keep in trend with colours, so this seasons "Yellow", might be the colour you choose rather than this seasons, voluminous trouser shape which might not work so well for you. By doing this you look fresh and with it, without losing your personal style.... D'you get me?

Stick to this idea and you wont go far wrong. For sexy- and you are- slim guys like you, a slight flare helps the leg, and looks cool; to keep the upper body looking less slight with layering, long sleeve tees under another short sleeve tee-shirt with perhaps a check shirt over that- (it's autumn, it'll look great). Layering is a great way of decieving the eye into seeing a bigger frame and making waists and arms look blurred so the "thin-ness" isn't so apparent. It's all about fooling the eye... Paler colours make shapes look larger, dark look smaller, (a small black fitted shirt will make you thinner....)

Baggy clothes should be avoided, when the wind blows and your frame's revealed, you look thinner, tucking in shirts I'd say is possibly not great, I have really long legs to my torso I wear a 34" inside leg... a shirt hanging over my waist, decieves the eye as to where my waist actually is (about three inches below my armpits) , and the layers of t-shirts add to the illusion. These clothes are aiding people's view of you however, you are not hiding in them!

Skinny clothes, ie, drainpipes will make you 6'9", which is great if that's the look you're going for but if not relaxed is better.

Honestly, the thing to remember is that 85% of the western world is dieting to achieve your frame and look, enjoy it while you got it! By your mid thirties you'll be singing a different song!

Good luck.

EyeInTheSky

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow thanks for the very insightful post Huw, and everyone else, thank you!

Well I guess it's a start to say I do not wear baggy clothes. I am thinking of buying some low-rise boot-cut jeans by Levi's. Size 29 x 32. I'll give them a shot instead of the striaight fit. The slightly flaring bottoms may even out my body shape, and the low-rise may make my long legs seem shorter.

I will also try to stick with lighter colored shirts. I'll keep with the collared shirts tucked in with jeans for now. I got a nice green western styled shirt that goes nice tucked in with my jeans. I've been doing it for about a week and I've recieved a few nice glances from girls.

Well maybe I'm getting too obsessed with the clothing, but I guess when you have an odd shaped body like me you need to be in order to look nice...

Thanks again all!

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Slim fitting tops and any old pants, if you wear baggy clothes it just looks like you're trying to hide something, there's nothing wrong with being lean and especially when young many guys are on the skinny side, enjoy it and flaunt it.

danjs584

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Definitely go for form fitting. I'm having the same issue now. I'm 6'0" and in the past 6 months have gone from 178 lbs to 142lbs. All my old clothes make me look way too skinny but I've gotten some new, tighter fitting clothes that aren't too tight but don't make my arms and legs look like twigs coming out from my clothes lol. Baggy clothes work best on fat people...unless you have a really nice ass in which case i don't really mind seeing a guy with some nice underwear with pants falling off his ass :p Anyway, the shirt at least should be form fitting...

Fire Stick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
The obvious point to be made here is that tight clothing accentuates the lines and shape of the body, whatever body type one may have. So it depends on the look you are after. If a guy is so thin that he literally looks underweight, he probably looks best in clothes that are not necessarily baggy, but not skin-tight - particularly shirts – unless he is deliberately wanting to call attention to his body. The same logic applies to guys who are significantly overwight. I think that fit builds of any variety (very lean ranging up to thick and solid) that have good shape and muscular definition look great in form-fitting clothing. (And out of it, too, as some of LPSG galleries plainly show.)

i_wont_tell

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I HATE HATE HATE BAGGY CLOTHES.

Get clothes that fit you, that's the answer. Baggy clothes, on anyone, look wrong. Dont pay for clothes that are to big for you.. Just wear layers if you want a little more bulk. At the same time, you dont want clothes that're skin tight either. Just clothes that fit.

Tucking in really depends, if the pants are really high, then dont do it.

Consider a tailor too, because your tall and skinny and some some clothes, particuarily shirts, probobally wont fit perfectly.

kicksu

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
ive always worn clothes that make me look a lil larger than i am lol. im 6'2 and only weigh about 140, but ive always looked good in a tightish pair of pants and a button down shirt. Pure style baby!

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm 5' 10"/148. We have the same problem, I wear a 29x34 in pants...now that is a difficult size to find. I have never worn baggy clothes. For me they are uncomfortable and look terrible. With my frame being slim I have found the best fitting jeans are Silver Jeans..( side bar..they are womens) I get mine at Welcome to Buckle Inc. . They have jeans in waist sizes and length. They fit me great. Most importantly they are very fashionable.
All my shirts are form fitting too. I hate to see a thin guy that wear short sleeves that hang down to his elbows. Roll up your sleeves (tight roll), it makes your arms look bigger. Vertical stripes also help.
Most importantly..Stand tall, head high and shoulders back...be proud of what you have and build on it.

:cool:

degawan

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No baggy, no skin tight, form fitting is the best. Horizontal stripes and checkers give the optical illusions, but not vertical stripes. Tshirt that hang just below the waist is kinda cute especially if u have nice ass.

Whopper-lee

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm struggling with my appearance right now in life, not knowing what to wear. I am very skinny at 6 feet (possibly 6'1", I havn't been measured in over a year) and weighing only 120 lbs.

My question is what do you prefer on skinny guys like me (extremely skinny) baggy or tight?

Currently, I started wearing straight fitting jeans size 29 x 32 and Medium sized collared shirts which I tuck in because most shirts hang too low on me (passed my ass) it seems.

Do you think that is good?

Any help/opinions appreciated.
I'm basically have a thin body built also (with a small waist of 30-32...but
my behind (ass) & thighs are larger which forces me to buy pants that are
34-36 wasit & about 36 long...esp. jeans/levi. Many black guys have this problem.
I grew up with hand-me down jeans & pants from my brothers that always
were too big or too small.
I generally try to go with the baggy/pleated front dress pants that help to hide my gentials from showing.:wink:
I hate my work uniform pants that are striaght cut and fitting which often shows the imprint of my gentials esp. when I sit down; and we must wear our shirts tucked in...but you get use to it even with the glances down at my coutch that I try not to pay any attention to.
Nice fitting baggies are good if they don't hang off of you like a sack and all gathered up around the waist...the same with a shirt that should fit from the shoulders to arm lenght and neck (button or unbottoned).
Hope this help you out a little.:biggrin1:

grnman

Legendary Member
Media
The slim fit low rise jeans would probably look good on you. Levi's has some good styles, and you may even be able to pull off the unisex (women's) low rise jeans.

Good luck

Jack

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm 5' 10, 130, and I tend to wear boot cut jeans and such because the flaring at the bottom is nice and kind of evens out the skinniness of my calves. They're not baggy, just a bit looser at the bottom obviously. Button down shirts are my torso cover of choice. My clothes probably are a bit too baggy (just a bit; I'm a tad self conscious about being skinny :tongue:), but the untucked, slightly unbuttoned shirt adds that "loose" look to things that seems to at least partially justify it.

I've considered rocking emo pants as a joke since I have skinnier legs and thighs than most female friends of mine, but those things are so tight around the crotch that everyone would get an eyeful.

Pumpz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The slim fit low rise jeans would probably look good on you. Levi's has some good styles, and you may even be able to pull off the unisex (women's) low rise jeans.

Good luck

Jack

I agree Levis make great jeans and low rise jeans look fantastic. I'm thinking of going for the unisex (women's) low rise jeans myself soon. I am reasonablly skinny my self and i prefer to wear tight clothing rather then loose. If tight jeans happen to show ur bulge then so be it. Be proud of it and don't worry about what other people might think....