Skinny Models Fall Out of Fashion

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by D_Ivana Dickenside, Apr 18, 2008.

1. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

2. uncut1234

uncut1234 New Member

didnt read it, but i can tell you my opinion on runway models:

they are hideous, underfed poles, who i dont find attractive in the least bit, theres no way that can be healthy the way some of them look, its sickening and scary almost in some cases, give me a nice round ass and some meat on the hips to hold onto and im happy, no pelvic bones poking into me, no thanks, ive experienced that before, very painfull havign sex with skinny girls , and horrible to look at, i like some meat to hold onto! now get over here stacy!

3. D_Ivana Dickenside

oh stop, you're making me blush! :biggrin1: it's great to know there's still normal guys like you out there.

4. uncut1234

uncut1234 New Member

i wouldnt go so far as to call me "normal" ! id hate to be normal :)
    but trust me, there are alot of guys i know who agree with eveyrthing i said... not many guys actually like that rail skinny anerexic crack head look.. not exactly what id call attractive, i know it sounds weird, but i like when a girls shirt comes up a little bit above her waste, and you can see a ltitle meat at the waiste of the jeans above the hips, i love a little pudge , NOT FAT, dont get me wrong, i dont like fat hanging over the front of the jeans, lol, but a little pudge on ths sides, SO HOT, huge difference

5. Flashy

Gold Member

My thought is that the article is from September, 2006 :biggrin1::wink:

can't stand skinny fashion models and actresses

three cheers for curves and big boobs

6. D_Ivana Dickenside

you know what, that's not weird at all! you're entitled to like what you like and it's nobody's place to judge what you find attractive. i appreciate your honest opinion!

haha i know it's a bit out-dated, but i like to read up on old articles and compare to how things have transitioned over time.

7. Flashy

Gold Member

where the heck were you to help me out in my salute to all natural curvier women? :smile:

http://www.lpsg.org/77081-how-playboy-media-have-sold.html

8. D_Ivana Dickenside

9. Flashy

Gold Member

well, most of the posters in that thread were fully in support of our position, i.e. the curvier more natural woman as opposed to the stick thin model/actress type, being the overwhelming true preference for the vast majority of men. :smile:

10. D_Ivana Dickenside

oh don't get me wrong, i'm all for the curvier and natural look like you. it just makes me sad that media figures like playboy have ruined the image of a natural woman.

11. Flashy

Gold Member

me too...but just remember, that it is only a small portion of media outlets...mainly those catering (sadly) to women's vanities/insecurities, such as fashion mags, tabloid hollywood gossip shows and tabloid gossip mags like "US" and "People".

Men, when we are dissatisfied with the content being forced down our throats and shown to us to tell what "sexy" is, by Playboy now, and actresses and models, simply take the very easy turn to the internet, and google "Big Boobs" or "curvy women" etc. and presto, we are free from these awful images...

the ones who receive most of the problems from it are the women who seem transfixed by these absurd images and stereotypes being broadcast at them as the "ideal women".

all you'd really have to do to confirm this, is 100 regular guys in a room, then parade out two women, nude (and their faces could be hidden so it is purely body-objective)

have one woman who is 5'9 140 pounds or so, with curves and big natural boobs, and a nice shapely rear, and have one woman who is fashion model-build...5'9 110 pounds, no boobs, flat shapeless ass, broad shoulders, and bony narrow hips and long shapeless legs.

have the men vote by applause.

i guarantee you which one would win overwhelmingly :smile:

12. lucky8

Gold Member

if fashion models are supposed to be pretty, i'll stick with the ugly girls

13. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Fashion models are not selected to appeal to men... they are selected to appeal to fashion designers and women's sense of insecurity about their looks.

For the designers... all they care about it how their clothes look... not the person on which they are hung.

When you look at men's magazines, you will see the kind of woman that appeals to men... wide hips narrow waist and full breasts... with some nice thighs...

This has never changed...

Sophia Loren, Rachel Welch, Jennifer Lopez back when she had an ass...

I would chainsaw thru a dozen fashion models to get to one Aria Giovanni.

Give me shapely...

14. Flashy

Gold Member

exactly right.

it is also important to note, that the smaller the woman's frame/body size, the less material is used to make the dress, i.e. the less the manufacturer's cost to make it.

15. OldFirm08

OldFirm08 Member

Albums:
    well there was another post about skinny, but big boob'd women. And some of these models now are packing a full set up top, much unlike the scrawny years of Kate Moss years ago.
    As for me, I love pokin' a smaller girl more than some giant wide-ass mama. Feels more intimate, closer to every inch of her that way. Not anorexic, just good healthy thin.

16. Krusader

Gold Member

Albums:
    stick thin model certainly doesnt look healthy or good, give me a shapely lass anytime

17. Calcium

Calcium New Member

Albums:
    Regarding the article: Alarmist bullshit, as is so popular with our media. Regarding fashion being just for the designers: dead on. The fashion world is niche and has no bearing on how normal people actually live. It's just like people who pay too much attention to cars or sports or music in that one must fall very, very far into the rabbit hole to see things the way ones compatriots see things. Fashion models, and the people who think they're beautiful, are at the very bottom of that rabbit hole.

18. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp New Member

Skinny models don't fall out of anything. They fall through them.

19. Plebh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I looked at a modelling magazine the other day, the majority of models now are hideous. It's all about the body and not the face. I'd rather have a girl with something to her rather than these beanpoles

20. latte0ne

latte0ne New Member

It seems like articles like this one come out every once in a while. What I don't get is if these skinny models are on the way out then why aren't they gone already? It makes it seem like articles like this are done so the "feel good about yourself" article quota gets filled.

Where I'm from sickly thin has never and never will be popular with men.

Draft saved Draft deleted