Skinny / Unsexy

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
See, now I was born a certain way and that certain way prevents me from exercising a lot and getting really hot and bothering in the bod. So, now I feel ugly, and it's starting to effect my daily life. :[ How do people who can't exercise make themselves look the best, because I feel unsexy, and feeling unsexy makes me unhappy, and being unhappy causes depression and dysmorphia.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I definitely agree with the above 2 posters, I think you look just fine. Even with the limited view, I see a definite V formation which many are working to have.

However, I completely understand a low self view of yourself. I grew up with being called bean pole, spaghetti, skinny, etc. I spent years in the gym, and saw some improvement, but was never happy with how I look.

I tend to focus on the positive of others, but negative towards myself. I still battle low self esteem, so I can't tell you how to overcome it, but I can tell you from someone looking at you,, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong :smile:

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Maybe you're right, but I still wish I could look better. I guess it's my seeing other big strong guys on here with all the abs and the cut body and envying them. They look like pieces of art! I... well I don't. :/ If I took most pictures it'd be clear to see.

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It seems self-acceptance is my only option, but I wouldn't mind being stronger too. I never did enjoy being smaller than other people; I guess I have developed an inferiority complex.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Your first post hints that you have some medical reason for not being able to exercise. Is that what you mean? Being skinny is not a problem. You'll be glad for that later on. Or do you mean you are kind of a small man? Definitely not in the dick department. But I had a small roommate once (also with a big dick). He had some body issues.

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Your first post hints that you have some medical reason for not being able to exercise. Is that what you mean? Being skinny is not a problem. You'll be glad for that later on. Or do you mean you are kind of a small man? Definitely not in the dick department. But I had a small roommate once (also with a big dick). He had some body issues.

Yeah, I have a medical reason that restricts my ability to exercise a lot so I am kind of smallish when compared to the average guy my age and height. I'm also underweight, etc. and can't gain that weight no matter how much I eat, but it's not the being skinny, it's the being skinny and being unable to change that.

P.S. It's actually why I never put photos in my gallery. I took them down the first time with the resolve to be more fit, or at least look it, I am as fit as I will get and am decently healthy.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Okay. You're not going to have that six pack without exercise and a diet restricted in fats. Most guys don't keep that shape without constant maintenance. But you'll start putting weight on by forty, maybe earlier, if you are not able to be physically active. I always tried to put on muscle mass too, but quit that as I do not want to be heavier any more. I weigh about 175 on a six foot frame. The most I have ever weighed is about ten pounds more than that.

I find regular vanilla pushups are pretty good for maintaining a little muscle mass in the upper torso. They get you hot and bothered, but not for very long. They are also good for the abdominal muscles, but probably won't give you a six pack. Something similar to pushups for the abdominals are variations on "the plank." (youtube)

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh man, I weigh 145 on a good day and I'm 6' tall! I'll have to come to accept it I suppose; it's just hard for me to accept that this is the case but you're right. I do have strong abs because I do generic exercises, though I can't do them for long, but I just wish I could be chiseled or at least larger like so many guys on here.

So embarrassing!

e1ectricfee1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We're just as tall, and you outweigh me by a lot. I do no exercise but walking to class, eat nothing but pizza with soda, and sit around on the computer/in front of the TV. So the abs in my pictures are because I have to have some sort of muscle, but I'm so skinny there's nothing else to show. I'm way too picky to find a better diet, and I'm way too lazy to do any exercise, so I've just come to terms with it all. *shrug* Just highlight and enjoy the good parts.

mdshorts

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think working on self acceptance is important.
I'm 5'10, 220 - stocky and hairy. I never *feel* sexy. But in the last few months I've become aware that there are tons of people who are into that. (hello, scruff!) Just like I'm into muscular dudes and twinky college types, there are people who like bear-ish, cub, bigger guy types. It's incrediby flattering, and great for the ego when other people compliment you on how you look.
So broaden your horizons - I'm sure there are people out there who love the lean look. I wish I had suguestions of where to look, but with self acceptance will come higher self confidence, and that alone will make you more attractive - and maybe you'll end up in a social circle that appreciates you as you are