SKINS compression tights

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by King_ding_a_ling, Mar 1, 2011.

1. King_ding_a_ling

King_ding_a_ling New Member

Albums:
    SKINS Activity 400:

Price: GBP 59

My take: A compression tight for activity use. Getting them on takes some skill but gets easier the more you do it. They are a little tight in the crotch area, I find my balls get squished a tad bit if I do really deep squats. However I have a rather large butt so most men may not have this issue. I would say if you have a difficult time with tight jeans because of your hips and ass, you will get the same effect.

Overall, I had my best workout session this year wearing these babies yesterday. I will be posting more as I use them more.

SKINS Recovery 400:

Price: GBP 69

A compression tight for recovery and/or long periods of sitting/inactivity. I actually looked into these originally because my job has recently given me a position that requires me to travel up to 300 days a year. Also, I live in England at the moment and will be moving to Vegas. I hate the leg restlessness and muscle fatigue that the long plane ride give me.

So about the tights, they really do decrease muscle pain. I put them on right after working out and left them on for the entire work shift. I felt no muscle fatigue the entire day. When I got home I wanted to see what the difference was so I took them of and laid in bed while I talked to friends and family back in the states. 5 hours later my legs still felt good, I didn't drink enough water though so when I stretched out after lying my Thigh cramped up. These are not a replacement for water :p

The recovery tights don't mess with my balls the same way the acvite ones can. I think this is because they active ones have a pee hole in them so they stretch in that area more.

Also, while wearing both of them, if I am somewhere warm I feel like my entire lower body has gentle A/C blowing across it. In the cold, rainy England weather I feel like I am walking across low heated flooring.

Like as I said, as I use them more I will post more about them.

and the Workout I did, to give you an idea of the intensity, was:

Every minute on the minute for 25 minutes of:

5 pull-ups
    10 push-ups
    15 squats

I made 23 rounds without going into the next minute. Before I could only complete 20.

2. King_ding_a_ling

Albums:
    Second day of Intensity training in the tights and I'm feeling pretty good. legs are a little sore but I'm had no craps and no serious muscle fatigue.

Todays workout:

3 rounds for time

30 kettlebell twists
    20 Sidebends w/kettlebell each side
    20 sit ups holding kettle bell toward ceiling on ball
    5 Turkish Get-ups each side

I was sweating like crazy on my feet, chest and face. My legs and crotch weren't even moist. Amazing.

Tomorrow I do 30 minutes of running as hard and far as I can go.

So far, these look like the real deal.

3. twoton

Gold Member

Albums:
    Crossfitter?

4. King_ding_a_ling

Albums:
    I used to be but the workouts were too short for me after a while :p So I do crossfit based wod's. I tend to keep it at least 30 minutes of target heart rate. Every once of a while I will tackle something like:

100 pull-ups
    175 squats
    250 KB Swings
    175 Sit-ups
    100 push-ups

I think that one took me about 1 hour last month. I had to spend 20 minutes jogging the next day to stretch my legs out lol

5. twoton

Gold Member

Albums:
    Same here. Mostly make up my own stuff based on Crossfit. Got tired of not having all the right equipment.

6. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

should you get a larger size?

Draft saved Draft deleted