Skipper aka Alan Hale Jr (from Gilligans Island)

Jay1074

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Couldn't find anything on the tube today so I ended up watching a few Gilligan's Island re-runs on TVLand. I could not get enough of Alan Hale Jr.! I used to watch re-runs of this show when I was a kid in the late 70's and 80's. Even back then I had an attraction to men but I never really gave much thought to "The Skipper" as I thought the Professor (Russell Johnson) was the handsome one. Damn, was I wrong. Alan Hale Jr. was actually very handsome... sexy even. Even Jim Backus was a hottie. But today, I could not keep my eyes off Alan Hale. I tend to like men with a little meat on them and he was pushing all my buttons. YUM!!

Totally caught that glimpse of something going down his left thigh in the opening credits. I'm thinking he was probably larger than average. I've been having fantasies of being his "little buddy" all day. :naughty:

Jay1074

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
While all the guys on that show (except for Bob Denver) were somewhat attractive, the show itself is very hard to watch. So inane, corny, ... and just plain dull.

I've heard that criticism over the years and I have to disagree. It was never intended to be a "highbrow" or intellectual show. If you just watch it for what it is, it actually is a good show. Not Emmy material by any means but entertaining enough. The first time I watched this show I was 5 or 6 and it always made me laugh. Even as an adult, the kid in me still finds it funny.

Jay1074

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Alan Hale Jr. was one of the few "daddys" I found attractive when I was a kid.

My Favorite TV Daddies are Brian Keith from Family Affair, Robert Reed from The Brady Bunch, Hugh Beaumont from Leave it to Beaver, and now obviously Alan Hale Jr. I even used to have a thing for Dick Van Patten from Eight Is Enough.

Jay1074

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay