Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
So NBC News tonite mentioned that much of america is stressed out, and that many doctors are reporting lots of people are not sleeping well as a result of worry/depression over the economy.

How about you? Have you lost sleep lately? My sleep has definately been irregular since July of this year- anyone else?

If you see me online late/early morning- chat with me- I'm probably trying to put myself back to sleep again :)

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well...I had the majority of my sleepless nights after 9/11 and recently dealing with family loss and resigning from a horrible job. I think the issues that we face now are very serious...but I'm very optimistic because you can't judge the future by the past.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I am right now running on 40 hours without sleep... but that is because of a project that needs getting done...

Otherwise.. I sleep the sleep of the innocent.

What will happen will happen, what will not, will not.
I will do my best and that is all I can control.

Given that... there is no reason not to sleep soundly.

Think about what ideals you will embrace.
Live up to those ideals to the best of your ability.

And you will find you can easily let go of any trepidations.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I suffer from a number of sleep disorders but the one that's got me most annoyed right now is the DSPS - Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome.

Apparently I have had it since high school along with sleep apnea. Since I was put out on disability in 2006 my circadian rhythm has been really topsy-turvy. I recently tried chronotherapy which was difficult and worked briefly. As for the recent financial world debacle, the election, oil prices and other world news, no that does not affect my sleep or lack there of. I take that back, election night I stayed up all night watching the same coverage over and over w/o complaint and was giddy as a school girl. :smile: After that it took a few nights but I was able to go back to a semi-normal sleep schedule.

I feel your pain and wish you sweet dreams mplsingleguy. :sleepy:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmm. I'm having much difficulty sleeping. I suppose there is a convergence of factors not least of which is the almost daily impending release of more bad news.

Many are saddled with economic turmoil, unemployment, delaying retirement, foreclosure, soaring debt and a host of other issues related to a slow economy. Add to that the hype and news that goes with an election season...and there is a lot weighing on minds.