Sleep Patterns

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Had a conversation about this with a friend last night. Chime in. Wasn't sure how to make a poll out of this.

For me, I sleep deep, but rarely do 8 hours at a time due to shift work. You have to throw a brick at me to wake me up until it's time. I also am told that I move around alot and say gibberish words. Have heard this from several sources. And I am awful to sleep with if you don't want an arm draped over your shoulder or a head on you chest. Apparently, I gravitate toward warm skin in my sleep, even if just platonic. I don't snore.

Ever gotten comments about your sleep habits?

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
yup........I scream and walk in my sleep......have even had to be put on meds for it so I wont hurt myself or my husband.....the condition I have is called "night terrors"

Night Terrors Resource Center

My sister had night terrors during adolescence and her early adult years but it eventually subsided in her late twenties. It used to frighten the bejeezus out of me when I was a child, waking up to the sound of her screams.

I managed to avoid that but I was a talker in my sleep for the longest time and sometimes when I have nightmares, i'll recognise that it is a nightmare and scream in my dream to wake myself. Works fairly well.

Other than that, my ideal sleeping hours are between 2-3 am and 9-10 pm, given the opportunity and unless I have caffeine after 9pm, I sleep like the dead.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Had a conversation about this with a friend last night. Chime in. Wasn't sure how to make a poll out of this.

For me, I sleep deep, but rarely do 8 hours at a time due to shift work. You have to throw a brick at me to wake me up until it's time. I also am told that I move around alot and say gibberish words. Have heard this from several sources. And I am awful to sleep with if you don't want an arm draped over your shoulder or a head on you chest. Apparently, I gravitate toward warm skin in my sleep, even if just platonic. I don't snore.

Ever gotten comments about your sleep habits?

To make a poll is easy, search poll in the FAQ's.
or you can select the poll option at the bottom of the thread. Fill out the topic line and thread and then you will be taken to another screen to put the poll info on.

As far as sleep. My mommy told me when I was younger that I do the same thing with the gibberish words and the moving around thing. I prefer to sleep alone (lucky for me right?) I always think I am crushing someone when I spoon. I sleep deep, but a small clock alarm will wake me. I dont even know if I snore or not, but I don't think I do.
I seldom remember my dreams. But have a nightmare, luckily only a few times a year.

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I only started having weird sleep patterns the last 2 or 3 years. I have woken myself up by laughing or yelling. I've woken up with my head at the foot of the bed or sideways on the bed. I also now have the odd horrifying dream. Thankfully I don't remember them when I wake up.

For a short time I had a dog who liked to sleep with me. He would lay down and wiggle until he could feel me then settle down. While I had him I slept very still and didn't have any terrifying dreams.

Unfortunately I couldn't keep him. He was a rescue dog and couldn't be left alone while I was at work. I miss him very much.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For me, I sleep deep, but rarely do 8 hours at a time due to shift work. You have to throw a brick at me to wake me up until it's time.

Shift work, eh? If you work for who I think you work for then I can sympathize. I worked those rotating shifts for a decade before deciding it was too awful for my physical and emotional health. I left for another employer.

Sleep. Its so important yet the pace of life these days treats sleep like its an optional, unnecessary frill.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I was a loud snorer for years before I was finally diagnosed with very severe sleep apnea. I awoke often during the night and had to take long afternoon naps. For the last two years I've used a VPAP and I sleep the night through comfortably - and quietly- rarely needing a daytime nap.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was a loud snorer for years before I was finally diagnosed with very severe sleep apnea. I awoke often during the night and had to take long afternoon naps. For the last two years I've used a VPAP and I sleep the night through comfortably - and quietly- rarely needing a daytime nap.

This may sound like a stupid question but...Do you know that you snore, or only because people tell you that you do?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Shift work, eh? If you work for who I think you work for then I can sympathize. I worked those rotating shifts for a decade before deciding it was too awful for my physical and emotional health. I left for another employer.

Sleep. Its so important yet the pace of life these days treats sleep like its an optional, unnecessary frill.

Shift work is good for young people. When I was n my early 20's I worked 17 hours one day and went out to a club dancing for 4 hours.

jcjb2002

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I am looking into that... I fall asleep without knowing it late in the day. I remember right up until I doze off.. and then I wake up and think it is a second later... last night I was out for an hour..

Otherwise I am a complete night owl.. for like 30 years.. your sunrise is my bedtime.. lol:cool:

Scorpiorising

1st Like
Media
My sleep patterns are very screwy. I guess I'm a natural insomniac. If I don't have regular work hours (which I generally never do), I end up staying up later and later, not really by choice. When I do fall asleep, I sleep heavy and have magnificent dreams.

When I was working at an early morning job (I hated getting up), I would end up so tired that I would get to sleep rather early, but I would end up getting into these patterns of not being able to get to sleep until 3 or 4am when I had to wake up at 6am. Worst part was that the more tired I get, the worse the insomnia gets. In the past 5 years, I've had to take a perscription to get my sleep pattern normal 4 times. That's almost once a year.

Now, I'm working minimally while I wait to get licensed for my new profession. I probably don't get to bed until 2am or 3am each night. And, I still have trouble getting to sleep.