Sleep.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Three years ago I went to my doctor because I could only sleep four hours a night. Didn't matter what time I went to bed; I'd wake up four hours later. No alarm clock. Just finished with sleeping.

He asked how I felt, if my hair was different or had digestion problems, change in period, the usual stuff. I said no, everything is fine otherwise. Then he told me not to worry about it. That's all my body needs right now. He said one day I'll need more and more. My body will tell me.

Now I'm up to almost five hours a night, but even then it's a crap shoot. I don't get tired during the day. I don't drink and excessive amount of coffee. But at 5:00 a.m. I'm rarin' to go. I'll usually hit the gym around 5:30, come home and shower and head to the office after breakfast.

I can't remember the last time I took a nap when I wasn't ill. One weekend I slept until 7:00! It bothered me, too! It's like I was wasting sunlight!

My evening routine is usually very standard. I may have a bit of wine (Friday nights are tequila nights!) and my laptop after my bath. Then around midnight I'll start turning off lights. But sometimes I'll read his iPad in bed. I have a few books on there. Then maybe pet the cat. Finally dream time.

Ever since I could remember I always flew in my dreams. It's a lot like swimming in air. But for some reason I don't do it often. It's almost like I'm embarrassed to fly in front of people. But sometimes I'll fly to escape danger, and I can fly just out of reach of some giant or something. Yes, it sounds weird. Because it's a dream, dammit!

A coworker once told me that flying in dreams is a sign of sexual freedom. Yep, that would be me! I guess I shouldn't have agreed out loud. It raised some eyebrows.

Ms. Sex

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Uh.. anyway..

What about naps? I have a love hate thing going..

I absolutely cannot nap properly. I always intend to have a nice 15-30 minute regeneration nap. Two hours later I wake up and feel completely drowsy, then lack motivation to make food to eat. That laziness then leads to me just brushing my teeth and going back to sleep until the next morning. Setting an alarm never works because I will cancel it and doze off again :innocent:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
age old problem huh/been around before prostitution i think? my major sleep pattern
you may get something out of the latter?
incidentally i am a morning person definitly alive and awake full of beans thru am/day, then tire out haha

late teens/early 20s 5 years on shift work
worried for 5 years i could never get enough sleep on the midnight to 8am shift
trying to sleep in the day i made it out to be a real bastartd/seldom achieved it
stressed myself out in those teen yeras for nothing really? ha

mid 40s adopted Chuchillls power sleep/recharge
ie 20 mins instant snooze in the arfternoon
worked a treat for several years/at least 5 in fact,maybe more
dont need/do it now as not working so appears not needed as per recharge

rest of the tme seemed reasonable/ok

partner accused me of snoring often
yelled out my name in a booming voice, never terrified me, but made me turn over, and i geuss that appeased him?

actually with snoring i always thought its because someone sleeps on there back
so suggest telling your partner your going to WHACK him/her, lovingly at first but if it continues, well OUT you go
consensul/collusion of course?

currently firmly believe,and it works for me
2 sleep system/made it up myself, till my learned brother in law, said he had read about something similar somewhere, and he beleves it works a treat for some folk

what it is you pshycologically tell/convince yourself, if you cant sleep, then you F'kn well cant sleep/live with it
so DONT STRESS about it, thats the first thiing and worst thing

then when youve virtually programmed yourself to drop off to sleep/whenever whatever time,it will happen
DO IT
when you awake naturally, resign to the fact youve had sleep be it 10 mins.3 hours, whatever
thats your first sleep

then AWAKE/cuppa t, whatever, probably not coffee/probably because i personaslly Trump HATE, coffee
(knew id throw its name in there somewhere duh')

then when finished the drink, sit up for however long you feel comfortable/read/back to bed
read/computer/tv/whatever
(i dont believe the crap re no tv in the room/go to bed when tired etc) CRAP

then when ready to drop off tor 2nd sleep again DO SO
whenever/DONT THINK or stress that its not comming
it will/should eventually come
just natural body clock/tiredness, i geuss
again
whatever time, be it 30 mins/several hours, accept/live with it
it may should improve to longer sessions, but more importantly your letting your body tell you what it needs
not a Dr/Physician/madication etc

when awake your aawke breakie time, hopefully??
END

btw
i do have oxazepam, member of the pam family, minimal dose
anti anxiety SLS syndrome, gives a little bit of instant relief/sleep?? ha IF NEEDED!@

what it is you pshycologically tell/convince yourself, if you cant sleep, then you F'kn well cant sleep/live with it
so DONT STRESS about it, thats the first thiing and worst thing
Exactly. It's usually at this point that people go to the doctor for a prescription, which can be a very slippery slope, because they then convince themselves that they can't sleep without medication.
One of the least helpful things is to stay in bed for hours trying really hard to sleep, it's best to get up for a bit, even if it's only ten minutes and a cup of tea.

Three years ago I went to my doctor because I could only sleep four hours a night. Didn't matter what time I went to bed; I'd wake up four hours later. No alarm clock. Just finished with sleeping.

He asked how I felt, if my hair was different or had digestion problems, change in period, the usual stuff. I said no, everything is fine otherwise. Then he told me not to worry about it. That's all my body needs right now. He said one day I'll need more and more. My body will tell me.

Now I'm up to almost five hours a night, but even then it's a crap shoot. I don't get tired during the day. I don't drink and excessive amount of coffee. But at 5:00 a.m. I'm rarin' to go. I'll usually hit the gym around 5:30, come home and shower and head to the office after breakfast.

I can't remember the last time I took a nap when I wasn't ill. One weekend I slept until 7:00! It bothered me, too! It's like I was wasting sunlight!

My evening routine is usually very standard. I may have a bit of wine (Friday nights are tequila nights!) and my laptop after my bath. Then around midnight I'll start turning off lights. But sometimes I'll read his iPad in bed. I have a few books on there. Then maybe pet the cat. Finally dream time.

Ever since I could remember I always flew in my dreams. It's a lot like swimming in air. But for some reason I don't do it often. It's almost like I'm embarrassed to fly in front of people. But sometimes I'll fly to escape danger, and I can fly just out of reach of some giant or something. Yes, it sounds weird. Because it's a dream, dammit!

A coworker once told me that flying in dreams is a sign of sexual freedom. Yep, that would be me! I guess I shouldn't have agreed out loud. It raised some eyebrows.
What is it with you farming types? :confused: You just love getting up at 4am to milk the cows even where there aren't any cows.

Reactions: ronin001 and EllieP

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What is it with you farming types? :confused: You just love getting up at 4am to milk the cows even where there aren't any cows.

I guess that's where it started! LOL! Dad was an early riser, too, of course. Mum always seemed embarrassed to come into the kitchen when we were both already awake and dressed. My little sister was more like my Mum.

BDS

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am on week 4 of weaning myself off zopiclon. I was prescribed 1-2 7.5mg/day I took 1 pill a day for the last 10 years. I am one of these people who love taking pills.

My doctor ( feel good) recently told me that there was lots of studies showing short term memory loss and he would like me to cut my dose or skip some nights taking the pills. It’s been tough, the first couple of weeks felt easier but the last week has been a struggle. I am taking 1/2 a pill at night, I also have not been drinking alcohol to make it easier on my body.

Because my partner gets up so early in the morning we go to bed early, around 9PM this was the reason I started talking them.

I love sleeping, can’t wait to get into a better routine and get off these pills altogether.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am blessed that I can fall asleep as soon as I shut my mind off and recline. In bed, on the floor , in the car, in a chair it does not matter. Because of the insanity of my job at times, I generally get 4-5 hours of sleep a night possibly 7 on the weekends. But I am able to drive a hundred miles a day, handle / think my way through multiple stress situations

No , physical side effects so far aside from grey hairs .

Galloper

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am blessed that I can fall asleep as soon as I shut my mind off and recline. In bed, on the floor , in the car, in a chair it does not matter. Because of the insanity of my job at times, I generally get 4-5 hours of sleep a night possibly 7 on the weekends. But I am able to drive a hundred miles a day, handle / think my way through multiple stress situations

No , physical side effects so far aside from grey hairs .

Also, a 20-30 minutes nap when you have a break, it helps.

Reactions: ronin001

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
@EllieP When I was a kid, I often had the flying type of dreams. Generally there was some kind of danger that inspired them, though if memory serves I could never fly fly far enough to get away from the danger or monster.

Itsmeandyou

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I am on week 4 of weaning myself off zopiclon. I was prescribed 1-2 7.5mg/day I took 1 pill a day for the last 10 years. I am one of these people who love taking pills.

My doctor ( feel good) recently told me that there was lots of studies showing short term memory loss and he would like me to cut my dose or skip some nights taking the pills. It’s been tough, the first couple of weeks felt easier but the last week has been a struggle. I am taking 1/2 a pill at night, I also have not been drinking alcohol to make it easier on my body.

Because my partner gets up so early in the morning we go to bed early, around 9PM this was the reason I started talking them.

I love sleeping, can’t wait to get into a better routine and get off these pills altogether.

Even with the sleeps aids, I am not sleeping properly. Sure, I’m out cold, yet rarely dream. At least I am “sleeping” a good 7 hours. When I wake up..... good to go.

BDS

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Even with the sleeps aids, I am not sleeping properly. Sure, I’m out cold, yet rarely dream. At least I am “sleeping” a good 7 hours. When I wake up..... good to go.
I loved my full pill, I was able to sleep 8 hours, now I don’t feel I am getting into a deep sleep.
I am hoping this will change in the upcoming weeks, but I still want to give them up alltogther.

Does anyone wear anything that can monitor their sleep? I know iwatch and Fitbit have this capability.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I loved my full pill, I was able to sleep 8 hours, now I don’t feel I am getting into a deep sleep.
I am hoping this will change in the upcoming weeks, but I still want to give them up alltogther.

Does anyone wear anything that can monitor their sleep? I know iwatch and Fitbit have this capability.

My husband downloaded an app called SnoreLab. Very interesting. It monitors the decibels in the room. Some nights he's quiet, but every so often I'm jarred by this chainsaw next to me.

He began using nose strips, which helped a great deal.

We were both advised to go to a sleep clinic to be evaluated for sleep apnea. We declined. It's rare that anyone who is evaluated doesn't come out without a CPap. It's going to take a lot of nose strips to equal the cost of a CPap.

Itsmeandyou

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My husband downloaded an app called SnoreLab. Very interesting. It monitors the decibels in the room. Some nights he's quiet, but every so often I'm jarred by this chainsaw next to me.

He began using nose strips, which helped a great deal.

We were both advised to go to a sleep clinic to be evaluated for sleep apnea. We declined. It's rare that anyone who is evaluated doesn't come out without a CPap. It's going to take a lot of nose strips to equal the cost of a CPap.

Believe it or NOT, I wasn't told to wear the CPAP. Actually what the sleep doctor said...... is if the 2 different Ambien tablets are working, lets not fuck with success.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Believe it or NOT, I wasn't told to wear the CPAP. Actually what the sleep doctor said...... is if the 2 different Ambien tablets are working, lets not fuck with success.

You are probably that rare individual! But good for you!