Sleeping habits

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BruceSter, May 10, 2005.

1. BruceSter

BruceSter New Member

Hi there,

on Friday, fate took me to the dentist because of a constant pain in my mouth, and while I was waiting for my turn on the chair of horrors, I read an interesting (not really, but relatively) article with a psychological analysis of sleeping positions and bedroom interior. The only problem about this article is that leaves me hovering in the middle between two extremes - by my position (on one side, one arm under the pillow) it judges me to be "emotionally immature", with a "yearning to crawl back into my mother's womb", and from my bed (low futon, with dark-color sheets) it judges me as being a "sexually-accentuated character".

So, what are your habits in above regards? And do you sleep nude? Or in underwear? Pyjamas maybe?

Bruce

2. PLANK

PLANK New Member

I like to sleep nude unless it's really cold. Especially after sex.

3. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    who the fuck writes these magazines?

4. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Usually sleep on side, curled up, knees tucked up toward my abs. Like to pull the blankets up to my neck. If it's hot, then it's up to my mid-torso. Sometimes on my stomach, arms buried under pillows. Rare that I sleep on my back unless the mattress is rather firm.

Naked, almost always, especially when I live on my own.

High sleigh bed.

5. jonb

Gold Member

Naked, on my back. I have a foam mattress, so I won't get poked with any springs.

6. EFH33

EFH33 Member

Albums:
    I sleep naked... under my clothes! :D

7. viking

viking New Member

Albums:
    I sleep with one arm under the pillow, on my stomach with one knee bent. Naked always.

Once I start waking up, I move over to put my arm over my wife and tuck my knees behind hers and go back to sleep.

8. East

East New Member

I always sleep naked, it just feels good even if it's cold.

9. inwait8

inwait8 Active Member

Albums:
    On my back or side arm behind my head, in the nude except for during the winter then its pjs. Regular (?) full size bed / no headboard 6 pillows
    what does it mean?

10. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    My bed is lofted, so I'm right up next to the ceiling. Sometimes I'll sleep below on my futon if I'm drunk, but I never fold it out. I tend to sleep on my side or on my back. As for clothes, I vary between shirt and shorts, shorts, none, but I don't sleep well naked so I don't do it all too often.

11. dfox7.3x5

dfox7.3x5 New Member

I sleep naked but add a t-shirt when it's cold. Bottoms don't work well; I get my equipment tangled up in them. And, even though I'm 66, I have nearly constant erections at night. I sleep on my back or my left side so I can see the clock. When I shift positions I usually have to rearrange the "guys."

12. Bananaman

Bananaman New Member

Naked, always. I have since I was a kid. Generally on one side or the other, occasionally on my back. I'm the opposite of Altairion. I don't sleep well with any sort of clothing. Makes me feel like I'm all bound up, and not just my equipment.

B-man

13. blackwood

blackwood New Member

I sleep naked but add a t-shirt when it's cold. Bottoms don't work well; I get my equipment tangled up in them. And, even though I'm 66, I have nearly constant erections at night. I sleep on my back or my left side so I can see the clock. When I shift positions I usually have to rearrange the "guys."
    [post=309908]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

-----------

Sleep in a adjustable bed with head elevated, Have to wear a tee shirt to clip my insulin pump to (about the size of a pager) Nothing else. Naked and cold is best until morning then warm and covered is preferred.

blackwood

14. dufus

dufus New Member

In T shirt and briefs, always on my side, turning frequently during the night. Have never been able to sleep on my stomach or back.

15. naughty

Gold Member

Hi,

Most of my sleep issue are surrounding breathing. I have asthma, so I sleep on a stack of pillows that would make the princess with the pea proud. I sleep on my back or on my side with a body pillow depending on which way I can get the most air. I usually wear a gown or a tank top and panties. Here is a poem that I wrote that sort of relates to the hidden messages of how we sleep....

Chrysallis

Crouched and wrapped
    Twisted and bent
    I
    am the twig
    to which
    you cling
    in that twilight
    between
    sleep and reality
    burrowing
    over and under
    all the empty spaces
    cracks
    hollows
    and crevices
    that make the difference
    between
    you and me
    grabbing
    what
    in waking
    you disdain
    with conscious ennui.

Naughty

16. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe New Member

I sleep on my side, right shoulder down, with legs bent at the knees and my head under the pillow and I wear a night shirt but no undies.

17. jay_too

jay_too New Member

If in bed, I sleep naked; otherwise, whatever I crash in. In bed I usually start out on my right side but can wake up in any position.

jay

18. BruceSter

BruceSter New Member

Hi again,

it's surprising how many "emotionally immature" are running around on here, since most of you tend to sleep on the side, arm tucked in and curled up to some point.

By the way: The other types defined by their sleeping position were those sleeping on their back (success-oriented) and on their stomach (sexually sophisticated).

Bruce

19. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

First lying flat on my back with neck-formed pillow.
    Wake up a few hours later enough to turn over on my right side, head still on pillow.
    After some more hours, flat on my stomach, usually right arm under folded pillow.
    According to BruceSter's characterization, I'm success-oriented when first crashing the sack; become emotionally immature; and then blossom into a sexually sophisticated happy camper with my goods up under my abs, just in time for some arousing dreams.
    In warm weather, boxers only. In cooler nights, t-shirt/pj bottoms.
    Consider this an open invitation for any interested members. :bounce:

20. Nienna

Nienna New Member

I sleep naked (most of the time) but when the kids are sick I sleep in a nightie incase they come into the room or I have to go to thiers in the middle of the night.

I fall asleep cuddled up to my husband, on my side, him behind me (once in a while I lay behind him and wrap myself around him) And usually once sleep kicks in we separate and I sleep on my stomach with arms under the pillows. And I ALWAYS have to have one foot or leg out of the blankets, I don't know why, but I can't sleep if it isn't. Have been like that since I can remember.

We just bought a new bed last fall, and its a high bed, like I almost need a stepping stool to get into it lol. We have four big pillows and neutral colors for a bed set. No head board or footboard haven't found any we like that fits with the new frame.

Draft saved Draft deleted