Sleeping nude, is it rude? particularly with dorm roommate?

Coffie Prince

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey, I have been sleeping naked for the past couple years, really comfortable, never going back to clothes!

But I am going to college next year and I do not want to give up sleeping naked!

Boys always shower together and stand in front of each other naked, is it a bad idea to sleep naked in my college dorm?

Also sometimes I walk around naked at home, in front of my parents. They do not seem to care.
Its like I'm in Garden of Eden. hahaha
Should I continue?

My sister is at college she says her boyfriend all ways sleeps naked, so does everyone do that, or is it just him?

KennF

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I didn't sleep naked in college.

I don't even sleep naked now, but that's a compromise... my husband prefers the fan going all the time, and my arms/shoulders get cold.

Really, it is up to you and your roommate to decide what is acceptable and what isn't, also depending on the physical setup of the room. If he/she/they are comfortable with nakedness, then no problem. Of course, they may have friends, dates, etc... walking in, so you need to be prepared to deal with strangers as well.

I would feel totally weirded out walking around nude in front of my parents. I don't want to see them naked, and so I wouldn't subject them to mine.

Coffie Prince

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I didn't sleep naked in college.

I don't even sleep naked now, but that's a compromise... my husband prefers the fan going all the time, and my arms/shoulders get cold.

Really, it is up to you and your roommate to decide what is acceptable and what isn't, also depending on the physical setup of the room. If he/she/they are comfortable with nakedness, then no problem. Of course, they may have friends, dates, etc... walking in, so you need to be prepared to deal with strangers as well.

I would feel totally weirded out walking around nude in front of my parents. I don't want to see them naked, and so I wouldn't subject them to mine.
Thanks for the reply. My parents do not care. I also see them naked sometimes. Very tight and open-minded house hold. :)

Coffie Prince

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey bro...its all about you and your roommate...i was lucky my college roomies didnt have a problem with it...and we got confortable made our rooms textile-free zone
Textile-free zone.... #Goals

Ajones9696

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hey, it's been a while sine I was in university but I had at least a few roommates during my residence days and none of them minded. After a while it didn't even seem to matter that I was hard most mornings when I got up.

I have two boys both at college and we have always been really open about nudity at home as well. Didn't seem weird to us either.

You'll just need to scope out the people when you get there.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Never had a problem with sleeping in the buff, just had to wait till the morning boner subsided before jumping out of bed, and I shared a hit with 35 other guys, some in jim jams others in briefs and only one other guy went naked like me, and no eyebrows raised....

NautiRogue

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I like Jujurice's comment. Take the bull by the horns and set the tone. Just get naked and crawl into bed. Let him come to you about it if he has a problem with it. Otherwise, you've already set the precedent for him, so he knows you're comfortable with him getting naked, too.

Goose_Eggs

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
A little off-track, but sort of not....
When I was a kid I remember my aunt having a conversation with my mother about how she wouldn't let my uncle sleep naked when they were visiting family because he was so hairy she felt like she had to shake out the sheets before they left.

Coffie Prince

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey, it's been a while sine I was in university but I had at least a few roommates during my residence days and none of them minded. After a while it didn't even seem to matter that I was hard most mornings when I got up.

I have two boys both at college and we have always been really open about nudity at home as well. Didn't seem weird to us either.

You'll just need to scope out the people when you get there.
Thanks for the reply :)

Coffie Prince

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I like Jujurice's comment. Take the bull by the horns and set the tone. Just get naked and crawl into bed. Let him come to you about it if he has a problem with it. Otherwise, you've already set the precedent for him, so he knows you're comfortable with him getting naked, too.
Sounds Good. Thanks!

Coffie Prince

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
A little off-track, but sort of not....
When I was a kid I remember my aunt having a conversation with my mother about how she wouldn't let my uncle sleep naked when they were visiting family because he was so hairy she felt like she had to shake out the sheets before they left.
OMG!! hahaha

Over-reaching

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It shouldn't be a problem, but start it subtly and see what happens. You might not want to wander around naked in the morning until you know that no one will be offended, so I'd suggest leaving a robe/gown or possibly boxers at the end of the bed or beside the bed so you can slip into something when you get out of bed.

Coffie Prince

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It shouldn't be a problem, but start it subtly and see what happens. You might not want to wander around naked in the morning until you know that no one will be offended, so I'd suggest leaving a robe/gown or possibly boxers at the end of the bed or beside the bed so you can slip into something when you get out of bed.
Thanks for the reply.