Sleeping nude, is it rude? particularly with dorm roommate?

Coffie Prince

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I too have slept nude most of my life. when I was in college our wing of our house was co-ed, and we treated nudity as matter of fact. most mornings I shared the wing's bathroom with somebody's gf. there was no sex, no fooling around, but being on the large side, I soon found I was laying a few girls from the same circle. so word got around.
when I met my wife, she was pleased that I slept nude as she did. it made sex easy and often. "easy access" most times she held my cock/balls while sleeping, and still does from time to time.
Nice!!

kdubb

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sleeping nude is not rude. Male nudity should never be an issue anywhere, anytime around other males. We come in all sizes, shapes and colors, but bottom line is we all have the same equipment. If you want to sleep nude in your dorm room then do it. If your room mate has an issue then that's HIS problem, not yours. As others have said, set the tone early and don't let it bother you.

D

deleted1124309

If you want to sleep nude, it's ok, but have in mind that your nudes my pop out on the web eventually.
Just search the web and you'll find thousands of guys that had their pictures taken meanwhile they were sleeping by some 'friends'.

Reactions: Coffie Prince

Chrisdude71

Worshipped Member
Media
Can't see much problem if there are just 2 of you in room in bunks, you'd need to be naked to change clothes, shower etc anyway. Just tell the other guy that you sleep naked would be easiest and then say would you be OK if you were naked walking about in the room or do you need to put underwear/robe on then you're effectively saying you'll be naked in bed but up to him if he's comfortable with you naked at other times. It also gives your roommate licence to be as naked as he likes too. If the room gets hot then the roommate may be glad of not having to be worry about keeping covered if he normally stays covered up.

I'm sure there are other things 2 lads your age will need to do in the room anyway so would think that would need to be sorted out more importantly, either just get on with it with each other in room or allow each other time the other one is absent to get on with it.

Would love to hear how it all works out in the end and what you decide.

Tony56

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My roommate and I had this conversation early on. He brought it up because he slept naked. I had never slept naked at home but was more than happy to give it a try in college. Besides, our room was always roasting hot in the winter. I am glad that he brought it up because I probably would not have. So, like other guys have said, ask about it. He may be looking for an out to do the same thing. My roommate and I ended up being totally comfortable being nude around each other. It made life in the dorm easier.

Tony56

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hey, I have been sleeping naked for the past couple years, really comfortable, never going back to clothes!

But I am going to college next year and I do not want to give up sleeping naked!

Now that you are in college, are you and your roommate sleeping nude?

At.your.cervix

Superior Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Like others have responded, it's something that you and your roommate need to discuss (a tip: don't bring it up on your first day). But also remember that you guys are going to have different schedules with the door opening frequently and his bringing in guests without you anticipating, so walking around with Mr. Floppy dangling about won't always be as easy as walking around au natural at home.

Coffie Prince

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Sleeping nude is not rude. Male nudity should never be an issue anywhere, anytime around other males. We come in all sizes, shapes and colors, but bottom line is we all have the same equipment. If you want to sleep nude in your dorm room then do it. If your room mate has an issue then that's HIS problem, not yours. As others have said, set the tone early and don't let it bother you.
Thanks!!

Reactions: dom1000 and Tony56

Coffie Prince

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If you want to sleep nude, it's ok, but have in mind that your nudes my pop out on the web eventually.
Just search the web and you'll find thousands of guys that had their pictures taken meanwhile they were sleeping by some 'friends'.
Good Point!

Reactions: deleted1124309
D

deleted1124309

Good Point!
Thanks!
Also pay in mind that he might not be confortable with a naked man around.
He might have some issues with his own sexuality or something like that.

As others said talk with him first, maybe in the first night:
"Hey man, I'm used to sleep nude back home, but I thought it would be polite to ask you first if you're ok with it."

MrMartini

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I started sleeping nude at about 14. When I went to college I had 2 different roommates. Freshman year I just told the roomie I slept nude and hung out nude in the room a lot but I'd respect his desire to have friends in and wear something. He said he'd never been allowed to go naked at home but had always wanted to try it. Within a week or so we were both nude most of the time in the room. Junior year I got a new guy and right off he told me he hoped I wouldn't be offended if he slept nude. I started laughing. We got along just fine.

Tony56

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I started sleeping nude at about 14. When I went to college I had 2 different roommates. Freshman year I just told the roomie I slept nude and hung out nude in the room a lot but I'd respect his desire to have friends in and wear something. He said he'd never been allowed to go naked at home but had always wanted to try it. Within a week or so we were both nude most of the time in the room. Junior year I got a new guy and right off he told me he hoped I wouldn't be offended if he slept nude. I started laughing. We got along just fine.

This just proves the point that it is worth bringing up. I did not sleep nude at home but when my roommate asked about him sleeping nude I was more than ready to do it myself. Had he not asked, it would not have occurred to me to sleep nude in our room.

MrMartini

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This just proves the point that it is worth bringing up. I did not sleep nude at home but when my roommate asked about him sleeping nude I was more than ready to do it myself. Had he not asked, it would not have occurred to me to sleep nude in our room.
While I didn't grow up with pagans or hedonists (on the contrary, Presbyterians :)) my parents weren't particularly strict about being nude or in underwear around the house. I felt comfortable and natural. But I do know a lot of guys who grew up in a much more repressive environment when it came to letting it hang around the house.