Sleeping styles and habits

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ladies and gentlemen...Good morning!:smile:

Share with us your sleeping habits, please.

Beginning with myself: I like to sleep in almost pich black and at room temperatures brisee or cold and had a shower before be and, little noise as possible, soft but kind of firm pillows, firm mattres, My bed must not face the door bcause dont like my feet facing the door (go figure :rolleyes: ); plus I have the same habit as my dad to shake my foot when I falling asleep and it must be uncovered until I enter the zzzzz :confused: ; I tend to sleep more to the left of the bed and I like have plenty of space and my bed is queen size, I still have what is left of my toddler pillow that I stuck it inside of my grown up pillow and touch it when I fancy plus I carry it when sleep away and travellings :eek: :tongue: ; I cant stand a loud snooring I just run from the bed and go to sofa; I cant fall asleep with music playing, and I dont need alarm to awakening me, as a morning person 5am to 6am I'm done with sleeping, jump from my bed and want enjoy the day...and very seldom a take naps during the day but I like to go to bed not late too, but if I sleep late my natural alarm clock will wake at same time, most of the time...:rolleyes:

Dont know if the info about the links below are true...but if you want to have a look...:tongue:

http://library.thinkquest.org/C005545/english/psycho1.htm

http://www.nearlygood.com/picture/sleepingstyles.html

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Nice topic, Gisella!:smile:

I sleep on my side. I have a full sized bed and sleep in the middle with pillows on the left side so I can put my legs around (much the same as in Novice_BTM's "pillow molestation" picture!:wink::biggrin1:) I cannot go to sleep without the TV or radio on! My mind wanders and I think too much if there is nothing to keep me from concentrating on certain thoughts, or on trying to go sleep. I sometimes have insomnia, and I usually cannot go to sleep when I need to. The only times I CAN go to sleep at will are when I've been awake a long time, or when I've been in a normal sleeping pattern for a while.

Like you, I prefer room temperature sleeping environments. If it's too hot, I'm uncomfortable and can't go to sleep. If it's too cold (while I CAN bear it and go to sleep), I often wake up with back pains. Being too cold also causes me to wake up often during the night! I usually can wake up on time, if I need to. I sort of have an internal 'alarm clock' like you do. I have never used a real alarm clock in my life. I am also a very deep sleeper, so an alarm clock would do me no good anyway!:biggrin1:

I've been told by my brother (whom I used to share a room with) that I snore!:eek: I REFUSE to believe this!:biggrin1: My mom AND he do, so I guess it's probably true that I do!:redface: I have bad allergies and seem always to wake up with a sore throat and congestion!:eek: I am usually very groggy when I wake up. I also am quite cranky if I'm woken up by someone or by the telephone if it's been ringing a long time!:mad::biggrin1:

Anyway, good morning (or good day) to you as well, Gisella!:smile:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
On my side (right) hugging two pillows with legs pulled up.

For me there's nothing worse than a hot bedroom. I'd rather heap on the covers. I don't like electric blankets so a nice coverlet does the trick.

If I'm lucky my boyfriend spoons me before too very long.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Good morning sleeping beauties!!!:cool: :tongue:

Thank you for the feedbacks!!!:wink:

roosevelt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I tend to sleep near the edge of the bed, that way I can stick my foot out from under the covers, it's how I regulate my body temperature while sleeping...

I have two of the "memory foam" pillows, and tend to sleep on my left side, a fairly firm matress, with an egg crate foam on top, My bed sits so that my feet face towards the sliding glass doors out onto my balcony, but I have very good blinds so that even durring the day with the lights off and the blinds drawn, I have almost pitch black.

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello G,
In Spike Milligan's book Adolph Hitler: My Part In His Downfall (or possibly one of his other stories about his 2nd World War experiences) there's a chap in the billet (dormitory) who, in middle of the night, sits bolt upright and shouts "OH THE GOATS!". Perhaps you have to get that in context (ie. all these poor frightened young soldiers in their bunks dreading the next day). Anyway, it cracked me up big time:biggrin1:

If I'm sleeping with a partner I have to sleep nearest to the door (my protector instinct I guess). Can't stand pyjamas but if it's chilly I wear a T shirt. I have to have a big glass of water handy - I'll drink it before morning. I also have tissues handy as I often wake up terribly horny and need to wank :rolleyes: in order to get back to sleep. My wife and I gave up sleeping together about 6 or 7 years ago because her snoring was causing me to either prod and poke her, or crawl out of bed and wander off. Too often I was waking up in the spare room so we decided to make it official. We hadn't been having much sex anyway and once we were sleeping apart we almost completely stopped having sex. Once you stop it's very difficult to get started again.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Let see, I MUST sleep with a Fan on and I like it at the foot of my bed! (Due to the fact I like to freeze when I sleep and it has that white noise effect) If the Fan turns off for whatever reason, I will wake up. I'm also a blanket hog and sleep with two pillows to raise my head up or a body pillow that I fold over and shove my right arm under, my left arm is under the blanket and my hand rests under my chin. I always fall asleep on my right side with my right ear down clogged by the pillow. (I can't hear in my Left ear.) I also Curl up my legs most of the time. I also like to sleep with my back against the wall or very close to it. Any clock has to be put face down so I'm unable to see the time and the light is gone, also anything that has a light on it must be covered, so the room is very dark. My whole body is under the blanket, and the end of the blanket is tucked under my chin with my hand. I also will only use one cover (Ex. Blanket) I do not like a whole bunch of layers.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
When it comes to sleeping, I tend to change my preferences.

Lately, I have been rolling up a blanket and cuddling with it. I have a body pillow and I tend to sleep with my arm under my head and pillow. Blankets should be light, and easy to kick off. There can't be sheets on the bed, just blankets. I like to have my feet clear of blankets.

Also, the bed has to be longer than I am. I don't like my feet hanging over the edge, and sleeping tends to be on my side with my back facing the middle of the bed.:biggrin1:

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
:smile:
Thank you guys!

*Roosevelt, is the memory pillow that 'Nasa' Tempurepedic one ?:confused:

*Riven, I'm sorry about the snooring situation..I live throught that too...:wink:

*Firefox, You are just like my brother and his beloved fan brise and noise...:tongue:

*Jeff, how can you not put a layer of sheet between you and the blanked...:eek: well...:biggrin1:

Kisses

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Interesting, as sleep has been a big topic for me lately.

Generally, I sleep face down, ass up. Shocking, no? :rolleyes:

I am a human furnace, and must have something (fan, air/co, etc.) cooling the room. If it's 1 degree too hot, I can't sleep. Because of this, I actually sleep better alone. :sad2: OK, OK, you can sleep with me, but just stay on your side once serious sleep time begins (I've only been able to spoon thru the night on a couple rare occasions).

My position has caused some shoulder/neck problems, so I recently got one of the tempurpedic neck pillows, to force me into sleeping on my side. It's very recent, so I'm still in the fighting against it stage.

Related to the heat issue... I love having my face poking into cold air with a pile of blankets on top of me.

Aloha!

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My head a good foot off the bed, propped up by pillows is a nessecity...

Boris ASLEEP, or at least not talking...the feather rustling is kinda nice though...

A radio on on the multicultural station so I can hear it but it's not repetative and I can't focus on it because I can't understand a word of it.

Umm...window open...it can't be warmer than 18C or I can't sleep...I sleep in a sleeping bag with that shiney cold fabric on the inside...and...that's pretty much it...

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like it cooler too, but AC cold, fans are ok, but there has to be air flow in the room. I hate waking up and the room having been too warm, you wind up groggy and not very well rested. I can catnap, that is I sleep for a few hours and get up and do things, go back to sleep and cycle in and out of this habit. I need a large bed, that way there's plenty of room as myself or my company can move around and find cool spots or just space to be alone on the bed. Don't get me wrong, there's a time and place for cuddling, but sometimes you just need space of your own, even when sharing the bed.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
findfirefox said:
The Fan is the most important part, I would rather sleep with no bed covers, a bed, etc. then sleep without the fan.

I have been sleeping with a fan since I was 7, I sleep like shit without it. I do like to sleep in the fetal position and have to pull my cocknballs up so they don't get crushed by my thighs. It looks funny when I sleep naked. I do like a hard surface to sleep on (I love sleeping on the floor) and prefer hard futons to soft matresses. I'm single, so it doesn't matter actually where I sleep. My ex loved to be hot when she slept, so I just slept on the floor alot (I can give off crazy heat at night). I still have blackout curtains from when I worked in the bars... they look bad, but work like a champ! Great thread Gisella!

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
tripod said:
I have been sleeping with a fan since I was 7

I have had a fan in my room for my whole life basicly, Mainly because I have never lived in a house with AC and in the winter the fan helped keep the air circulating in the room. Now I have this Mini Fan that I take with me on trips.

Crazy when I think about it.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
:biggrin1:

*Novice and Transformer...me too can cudle and spoon just a bit..than have to have space to sleep my way...:tongue: and Novice try some pilates and yoga..:wink:

*Aloha, very good ideia about a radio that do not speak your language..its not distracting!

*Tripod, we do need a hard surface and pitch dark for sure !!!

Thanks guys!:smile:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I go through about two box fans a year, nothing else has that deep bass that I need to sleep. I have a recording called "Symphony of the Planets" that is space radiation picked up by the Voyager I spacecraft. It is pretty awesome. I used to suffer from night terrors (sleep paralysis) and the fan and space radiation recordings prevent that from taking place.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
tripod said:
I go through about two box fans a year, nothing else has that deep bass that I need to sleep. I have a recording called "Symphony of the Planets" that is space radiation picked up by the Voyager I spacecraft. It is pretty awesome. I used to suffer from night terrors (sleep paralysis) and the fan and space radiation recordings prevent that from taking place.

Ooo I do not like Box Fans, I always like the standing circular fans.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
findfirefox said:
I have had a fan in my room for my whole life basicly, Mainly because I have never lived in a house with AC and in the winter the fan helped keep the air circulating in the room. Now I have this Mini Fan that I take with me on trips.

Crazy when I think about it.

Funny..I dont think is crazy...and my brother had an 'old war time' metal fun that make noises like old airplane...from my grandpa...than we all have to get used with it...:biggrin1:

Nowdays I cant leave without an AC for sure...:rolleyes:

:tongue: LOL..you take your fan and I take my 'rag pillow' on trips...

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
tripod said:

Wow..why is that Tripod ?

I cant remember most of my dreams...:rolleyes: